Mancini ; I stay at City

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
Yep. I'll take that bet. Mancini will win the PL title within the next 3 seasons if we stick with him

I don't think he will. As I said some months ago, he'll suffer the same fate as Rafa. He'll do well in cup competitions, but he won't really ever get close to winning the premiership. His natural caution will stand in his way until he develops the kind of motivational skills which Mou has...

Also, I've just caught up on the rest of the thread and I have to say that Ono's piece about Mancini's time at Inter is the best defense of why he did an excellent job there that I've read so far on Bluemoon. Made me stop and think...

Well Rafa did get very close to winning the PL in 08/09 and if they had keep Alonso and invested better in the squad (which you can partly blame Rafa for along with G&H) then who knows but I'll take the Champions League trophy as consolation.

What I think people overlook is that managers other than Mourinho can and do win things and Mancini is (in my opinion) good enough to win the PL title. It doesn't make him a better manager than Mourinho who is arguably the best club manager in world football but Mancini is still good enough to win it.

I haven't read Ono's piece so I'll have a look...

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
Yep. I'll take that bet. Mancini will win the PL title within the next 3 seasons if we stick with him

I don't think he will. As I said some months ago, he'll suffer the same fate as Rafa. He'll do well in cup competitions, but he won't really ever get close to winning the premiership. His natural caution will stand in his way until he develops the kind of motivational skills which Mou has...

Also, I've just caught up on the rest of the thread and I have to say that Ono's piece about Mancini's time at Inter is the best defense of why he did an excellent job there that I've read so far on Bluemoon. Made me stop and think...

Disagree the rags scrape wins because the opposition shit them selves and the mentality of the team! This will come to us eventual! Why do you think it took the baconface 5 years to win something?
1 the refs didn't bend over backwards for em!
2 the other teams didn't shit it against em!
3 the mentality of the rag players!
4 the rags crowd atmosphere was negative towered baconface!

Even baconface admitted that once he won a cup he felt he had more control over the team media and the fans got behind him!

...would add to Ono's piece that Milan won the CL league in the year they finished some 20 odd points behind Inter irrespective of the 8 points deduction? Not exactly a bad team under Ancelotti then!

Oh and if I have the wrong year then apologies...

BobKowalski said:
Well Rafa did get very close to winning the PL in 08/09 and if they had keep Alonso and invested better in the squad (which you can partly blame Rafa for along with G&H) then who knows but I'll take the Champions League trophy as consolation.

Ultimately, it was Rafa's piss poor handling of Alonso the summer prior when he tried to sign Barry which ended up costing him. Another parallel with Mancini in terms of isolating players, then needing to rely on them because of injuries or because signings don't pan out (Ade/Dzeko is the obvious one from last summer). It's just my opinion, but I think it's a huge flaw in Mancini's make up, as it was in Rafa's. If anything, in recent interviews Benitez and spoken about learning from his mistakes, being older and wiser etc. whereas I think Mancini is still in that "my shit doesn't stink" phase...

BobKowalski said:
peoffrey said:
Do you want to bet that he won't win the Premiership within the next 3 seasons?

£20 donation to the first Blue publicising a Charity Sponsorship if City win the Premiership in 11/12, 12/13 or 13/14.

If you're right then I don't want you to enjoy a few Pints on me. Let someone genuinely thirsty receive the money.

peoffrey said:
BobKowalski said:

£20 donation to the first Blue publicising a Charity Sponsorship if City win the Premiership in 11/12, 12/13 or 13/14.

If you're right then I don't want you to enjoy a few Pints on me. Let someone genuinely thirsty receive the money.

i'm going to send you my paypal account

Ducado said:
I do not subscribe to the thinking that the PL has been poor this season, quite the opposite, it appears that many teams have improved, the excuse that the PL has been poor is normally trotted out by those that loved the old top 4 status

^Totally agree. In what way is it worse?

We're better. So are Liverpool and Arsenal. Chelsea and Spurs have gone backwards. utd about the same.

That is the nature of leagues. Club's fortunes ebb and flow.

peoffrey said:
The Premiership season is poor. The football hasn't been of the brilliant standard we're used to and the present League leaders have one of their worst ever sides.

The Carling Cup was a perfectly good route to Wembley. Obviously we didn't know the FA Cup was going to happen in the form of winnable ties up until the Semis. If the squad was so injury depleted then why were Zabaleta and Milner on the bench? He brought them on to try and salvage the game. Admit that he fielded a bad side!

I'm sorry mate but to still be banging on about the Carling Cup considering we'll finish top 4 and are in an FA Cup final is lunacy. Ultimately Mancini has got it right on his priorities considering the number of games we've had to play this season and lifting the FA Cup will put him down in folklore at the club.

And as others have pointed out, whilst United might not be at their best, or Chelsea for that matter, the league as a whole has improved greatly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.