Mancini IN ..

Didsbury Dave said:
Oh he'd heard of them all al right. They all came through the same club transfer structure as all of his others. No club in the land gets all their "number ones". We've been beating Man united to all of theirs for nearly five years, yet I haven't heard Ferguson sit there and spit "Ask Gill" when asked about progress. I'm just lampooning the simple Reptilian, black and white logic which pervades sections of this forum. Mancini played a part in signing every one of those duds. He doesn't' have players forced upon on, they are all approved by him.

Yet this narrative is emerging, based on his summer comments, that somehow he is excused under performance because of these signings. No manager in the world gets all their number one targets, and we are working in a very competitive market. TO be a good manager, if your "number ones" go elsewhere, make sure you've got good "number 2s" and 2s lined up. As Tolm says, if you've got £40m it can't be that hard.

Sorry, I should have started by saying that I assume you are being sarcastic: I didn't think that you didn't know Maicon played for him at Inter etc.

I absolutely agree that other targets should have been lined up. I assume that Isco would have been relatively cheap to buy last summer. He wasn't on my wish list but it's not my job to know who the best upcoming players are. I watch lots of City (i.e. almost every game in some form) and Barcelona and then bits of other games; especially ones that feature players who City might be interested in.

levets said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The cookie monster said:
What was the reason the players didnt want to come
Was mancini not backed with the funds?

And another question mate
If mancini goes will the next manger have any power or will he be answerable to the spanish pair on most things?

We baulked at Hazard because his agents were asking silly monies on top of the fee we had agreed with his club.

There was also an element that they wanted to include his brother in an additional 'kick back' deal at a later date.

Added to the lad also having a real preference for London, Chelsea becoming European Champions, we sort of knew we were on a loser.

He would have also chosen United if Chelsea had not won it.

Re Van Persie, again, from what I understand, City's board refused to go beyond £15m for Van Persie, we had met with his agent Kees Vos plenty of times in the run up to the end of last season.

We were prepared to reconcile his age and wages only if we could get him for £15m, Mancini just expected it to get done, regardless.

Arsenal wanted more. Juventus, like us, were offering phenomenal money, but not in addition to the £30m Arsenal were holding out for.

United were unclear where they also stood in the bidding process but had a mandate to win at all costs.

De Rossi, was just farcical from beginning to end and is solely the fault of Mancini, certainly not Marwood.

Three times he continued in his belief that De Rossi was prepared to join us and it was just a question of us ponying up.

In the final days of the window, again, Marwood and the owners tried to appease Mancini and made a £25m offer for Stefan Jovetic, but the lad felt rushed into making a decision and that was that.

Mancini spent the previous summer in a similar mode, at odds with Cook and Marwood over how much was enough.

He would have also chosen United if Chelsea had not won it.
===============
Fact or pure conjecture?

Was he not a guest of the club for the Derby in April?
Did he not indicate he would join us?

When he announced a few days later he will be wearing Blue in England, did he mean Chelsea: and not City?

I was told we had pulled the plug a little while before the general consensus that it was still in the balance.

In addition, he had personally met with Ferguson, and that was his other option.

Ferguson felt let down, also. Which is why he went quite far into the game with Lucas Moura, before PSG blew the fucker out of the water.

We shouldn't underestimate the loyalty Mancini was prepared to show towards Mario off the back of his showing at the Euros.

He could have been sold for a decent wedge, and it would have afforded the board some more options, perhaps.

The Flash said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I didn't barrack the players, or the manager, I gave them "support". Just like I have done for the last 35 years of my life, all around the world and all throught he divisions. He was in his bedroom issuing lectures and offering his definition of "support". "Supporting" the club is following them through thick and thin, and being there for them in their hour of need, not typing "Forza Mancini" on a forum.

So you support Mancini in public? Whilst surrounded by other City fans?

And yet you give him shit on here day after tedious day?

And your rhetoric about others issuing lectures about how to support the club is quite frankly, laughable and the greatest ever example of two-faced hypocrisy I have ever, ever seen.

You're childish ideology is thus:

I've supported City longer than you Johnny Foreigner, so my opinion is more valid than yours could ever be. Ner-ner-ner-ner-nerrrrr.....

fucking PMSL.

I actually thought that my explanation was clear enough for a 6 year old to understand but it appears I set the bar to high for some of Bluemoon's finest.

Let's try again, bar a bit lower, just for you, Son.

I am not teaching anyone how they should be a "proper" City supporter.
So I don't accept someone else to do it to me, especially somebody in Chicago.

Now I worked hard there to keep it to two simple sentences and to short words. I hope that's gone in now.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
And then Marwood said "here you go, Bob" and presented him with Garcia, Sinclair, Maicon and Rodwell, players he'd never really heard of, and he got them in training and realised they were all shit. So trailling Man United by 12 points is all Marwood's fault.

I think he might have heard of Maicon!

And he could hardly have forgotten Rodwell man-marking Silva plus Platt said they had been tracking Rodwell for 2 (?) years.

-- Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:28 pm --

tolmie's hairdoo said:
That little lot were best part of £35m. Let's just think about this for a second.

I said the other day that we should have paid the necessary for Bale, bought Nasty and no one else but made De Jong stay.

In hindsight, we should also have tried very hard to swap Mario for Cavani.

its qaulity vs quantity ,
we spent peanuts and bought 5 average players ( except , nasti)
we needed to buy 2 gorillaz.

i think this is what txici and soriona are getting at, there will be a mass exodus of mediocre talant , saving on wages and bringing in fees. So we can focus our spending on quality.

we will then probably , get one or two high profile targets and one scouting target ie a nasty. seems to be the way barca operate .

if in the transfer window we only bought de rossi, hazard or a bale/rvp
i am pretty sure in the league we would be sitting pretty and probably playing champs league tonight.

-- Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:09 pm --

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
And then Marwood said "here you go, Bob" and presented him with Garcia, Sinclair, Maicon and Rodwell, players he'd never really heard of, and he got them in training and realised they were all shit. So trailling Man United by 12 points is all Marwood's fault.

I think he might have heard of Maicon!

And he could hardly have forgotten Rodwell man-marking Silva plus Platt said they had been tracking Rodwell for 2 (?) years.

-- Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:28 pm --

tolmie's hairdoo said:
That little lot were best part of £35m. Let's just think about this for a second.

I said the other day that we should have paid the necessary for Bale, bought Nasty and no one else but made De Jong stay.

In hindsight, we should also have tried very hard to swap Mario for Cavani.

its qaulity vs quantity ,
we spent peanuts and bought 5 monkeys ( except , nasti)
we needed to buy 2 gorillaz.

i think this is what txici and soriona are getting at, there will be a mass exodus of mediocre talant , saving on wages and bringing in fees. So we can focus our spending on quality.

we will then probably , get one or two high profile targets and one scouting target ie a nasty. seems to be the way barca operate .

if in the transfer window we only bought de rossi, hazard or a bale/rvp
i am pretty sure in the league we would be sitting pretty and probably playing champs league tonight.

Seosa said:
chicagoblues said:
Didsbury Dave said:
No it isn't. To attend matches is to support the club.
Really?
So you attend matches but take a piss at the manager?
and you disrespect the manager ,the one the club made decision to hire ?
By the way ,I do my share in every bit I can.
Your narrow mind is taking a toll on you and you think you are smart but you keep forgetting that this man city club has gone global now.

And unfortunately bandwagon jumpers like you come along.
Tell that to Sheikh Mansour

Didsbury Dave said:
The Flash said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I didn't barrack the players, or the manager, I gave them "support". Just like I have done for the last 35 years of my life, all around the world and all throught he divisions. He was in his bedroom issuing lectures and offering his definition of "support". "Supporting" the club is following them through thick and thin, and being there for them in their hour of need, not typing "Forza Mancini" on a forum.

So you support Mancini in public? Whilst surrounded by other City fans?

And yet you give him shit on here day after tedious day?

And your rhetoric about others issuing lectures about how to support the club is quite frankly, laughable and the greatest ever example of two-faced hypocrisy I have ever, ever seen.

You're childish ideology is thus:

I've supported City longer than you Johnny Foreigner, so my opinion is more valid than yours could ever be. Ner-ner-ner-ner-nerrrrr.....

fucking PMSL.

I actually thought that my explanation was clear enough for a 6 year old to understand but it appears I set the bar to high for some of Bluemoon's finest.

Let's try again, bar a bit lower, just for you, Son.

I am not teaching anyone how they should be a "proper" City supporter.
So I don't accept someone else to do it to me, especially somebody in Chicago.

Now I worked hard there to keep it to two simple sentences and to short words. I hope that's gone in now.
So, is it just Americans you don't like?

Didsbury Dave said:
chicagoblues said:
Didsbury Dave said:
No it isn't. To attend matches is to support the club.
Really?
So you attend matches but take a piss at the manager?
and you disrespect the manager ,the one the club made decision to hire ?
By the way ,I do my share in every bit I can.
Your narrow mind is taking a toll on you and you think you are smart but you keep forgetting that this man city club has gone global now.

'This man city' as you call us has certainly gone global. Unlike many i welcome new fans, however casual.

But as an armchair overseas fan you will never ever have the right to lecture a fan who has attended most matches for 35 years on how to 'support' the club.

I don't preach to you about how to cook weeners or hit a home run so you don't preach to me about supporting Mancheater City.
So you earn "THE RIGHT " to hate manager the club appoints by attending MOST matches(but not all) ?
There are many ways to support the club and you should know better.
I am not preaching you, just saying to back the manager the one club hired.
By the way,for 45 years there is only one sport I love and that is football and mind you not soccer .
Smart ass like you should know it is "WEINER" not weener.

The cookie monster said:
coulsonblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Yes a waste of money.

Our net spend this season has been somewhere around £10m.

It's better to buy one star, such as Hazard for that £35m than it was to buy the crap we did.

Watching hazard this season we could of dodged a bullet.

Here we go again.

Assumptions and half truths.

Hazard has played 24 games in the Premier League and scored 7 times and assisted 7 times. So that's a total of 14 goals he's scored or set up.

Some bullet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.