Mancini IN ..

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mancini really had genius foresight last summer when it came to the market.

Let's sign last season's top scorer and Player of the year.

In addition, that unknown Italian international fella called De Rossi.

Throw in Eden Hazard and we are clearly dealing here with a managerial visionary to the tune of another £90m.

He has not been proved right in any way shape or form, top players come with certain guarantees of their own.

Where was his foresight and outside of Nastasic, knowledge of the market?

What was the reason the players didnt want to come
Was mancini not backed with the funds?

And another question mate
If mancini goes will the next manger have any power or will he be answerable to the spanish pair on most things?

ArdwickBlue said:
chicagoblues said:
Didsbury Dave said:
No it isn't. To attend matches is to support the club.
Really?
So you attend matches but take a piss at the manager?
and you disrespect the manager ,the one the club made decision to hire ?
By the way ,I do my share in every bit I can.
Your narrow mind is taking a toll on you and you think you are smart but you keep forgetting that this man city club has gone global now.

It doesn't matter if you are from Manc, or overseas
It doesn't matter if Alex Williams came to your primary school to deliver a training session or not
It doesn't matter if you are a season ticket holder or you watch the match on TV (TV rights money goes into the club the same as the ticket price

WE ALL SUPPORT CITY

It's not a competition for City's No.1 Fan

Right. Let me make this abundantly clear because it appears a few are not getting this. Just for the avoidance of doubt.

I am quite happy for anybody to take an interest in Manchester City, whether they come from Moss Side or Timbuktu. I don't really care if somebody travels to 40 games a season or watches us twice a year on telly and buys the odd shirt. If I went to Chicago, or Chine, or Cheltenham, and meta bloke with even a passing interest in Manchester City, i'd buy them a beer, I'd have a chat, I'd be pleased. If it's good for the club and it makes the Sheikh happy, it makes me happy. Unlike many other local fans, I see it as a mark of progress.

I don't care if their only contact with City is via the television or even the internet. I'll have a good chat about our back four, our formation, our manager, whatever.

What I take exception to is if one of these supporters tries to lecture me about how I "support" the club, because it's something they have no knowledge or uinderstanding of. When this guy deigned to pontificate in this thread that I should "not let the door smack my arse on the way out (or was it my butt)" I was hundreds of miles away in Southampton, where I'd spent hundreds of pounds and two valuable days following my team. My throat was sore from singing for the entire game, even though we'd played like shit. I didn't barrack the players, or the manager, I gave them "support". Just like I have done for the last 35 years of my life, all around the world and all throught he divisions. He was in his bedroom issuing lectures and offering his definition of "support". "Supporting" the club is following them through thick and thin, and being there for them in their hour of need, not typing "Forza Mancini" on a forum.

Is this 100% clear now or do I need to make it even more so?

Didsbury Dave said:
I said it at the time. When Mancini said "ask Marwood" in that presser he was sending a message to Abu Dhabi. Marwood works with the hand he is given by the board. He wasn't buying/selling a second hand car, where his friendly personality might make/break the deal.
He was working on multi million pound deals. Mancini hung him out to dry in the minds of daft fans who don't know what goes on behind the scenes and see the football world as black and white. You can see it now on this forum, people blaming Marwood for our poor season. One could call it a genius move by Mancini. A win/win.

Mancini is no fool when it comes to playing politics or mind-games etc. Mancini is a clever guy and I think he's got smarter football brain than some give him credit for. However, he's far from infallible and he should have personally made sure that if he could not get the expensive players that he wanted - and I happen to think that we should have bought some more players of that ilk last summer - suitable cheaper options had been identified, rather than the ones we ended up with.

The cookie monster said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Throw in Eden Hazard and we are clearly dealing here with a managerial visionary to the tune of another £90m.

He has not been proved right in any way shape or form, top players come with certain guarantees of their own.

If mancini goes will the next manger have any power or will he be answerable to the spanish pair on most things?

We baulked at Hazard because his agents were asking silly monies on top of the fee we had agreed with his club.

There was also an element that they wanted to include his brother in an additional 'kick back' deal at a later date.

Added to the lad also having a real preference for London, Chelsea becoming European Champions, we sort of knew we were on a loser.

He would have also chosen United if Chelsea had not won it.

Re Van Persie, again, from what I understand, City's board refused to go beyond £15m for Van Persie, we had met with his agent Kees Vos plenty of times in the run up to the end of last season.

We were prepared to reconcile his age and wages only if we could get him for £15m, Mancini just expected it to get done, regardless.

Arsenal wanted more. Juventus, like us, were offering phenomenal money, but not in addition to the £30m Arsenal were holding out for.

United were unclear where they also stood in the bidding process but had a mandate to win at all costs.

De Rossi, was just farcical from beginning to end and is solely the fault of Mancini, certainly not Marwood.

Three times he continued in his belief that De Rossi was prepared to join us and it was just a question of us ponying up.

In the final days of the window, again, Marwood and the owners tried to appease Mancini and made a £25m offer for Stefan Jovetic, but the lad felt rushed into making a decision and that was that.

Mancini spent the previous summer in a similar mode, at odds with Cook and Marwood over how much was enough.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The cookie monster said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

We baulked at Hazard because his agents were asking silly monies on top of the fee we had agreed with his club.

There was also an element that they wanted to include his brother in an additional 'kick back' deal at a later date.

Added to the lad also having a real preference for London, Chelsea becoming European Champions, we sort of knew we were on a loser.

Re Van Persie, again, from what I understand, City's board refused to go beyond £15m for Van Persie, we had met with his agent Kees Vos plenty of times in the run up to the end of last season.

We were prepared to reconcile his age and wages only if we could get him for £15m, Mancini just expected it to get done, regardless.

Arsenal wanted more. Juventus, like us, were offering phenomenal money, but not in addition to the £30m Arsenal were holding out for.

United were unclear where they also stood in the bidding process but had a mandate to win at all costs.

De Rossi, was just farcical from beginning to end and is solely the fault of Mancini, certainly not Marwood.

Three times he continued in his belief that De Rossi was prepared to join us and it was just a question of us ponying up.

In the final days of the window, again, Marwood and the owners tried to appease Mancini and made a £25m offer for Stefan Jovetic, but the lad felt rushed into making a decision and that was that.

Mancini spent the previous summer in a similar mode, at odds with Cook and Marwood over how much was enough.

And then Marwood said "here you go, Bob" and presented him with Garcia, Sinclair, Maicon and Rodwell, players he'd never really heard of, and he got them in training and realised they were all shit. So trailling Man United by 12 points is all Marwood's fault.

Didsbury Dave said:
What I take exception to is if one of these supporters tries to lecture me about how I "support" the club, because it's something they have no knowledge or uinderstanding of. When this guy deigned to pontificate in this thread that I should "not let the door smack my arse on the way out (or was it my butt)" I was hundreds of miles away in Southampton, where I'd spent hundreds of pounds and two valuable days following my team. My throat was sore from singing for the entire game, even though we'd played like shit. I didn't barrack the players, or the manager, I gave them "support". Just like I have done for the last 35 years of my life, all around the world and all throught he divisions. He was in his bedroom issuing lectures and offering his definition of "support". "Supporting" the club is following them through thick and thin, and being there for them in their hour of need, not typing "Forza Mancini" on a forum.

Can I just say that I am heartily sick of seeing people told that they are not supporting the club for daring to question the manager etc. I'm actually somewhere in the middle on the Mancini in/out debate (but not sat on the fence); however, some of the crap that the In brigade come up with is pathetic and the abuse handed out is even worse.

I didn't go to Southampton - although I've been several times to watch City there - as it's closer to where I live than Manchester; in fact, it cost me more to go to see the Leeds game than it would have done Saints. I have to balance that games I attend in person against the needs of my family (wife and daughters who are not into football but do favour private education); I do have 40 years on the season ticket clock so I've paid my supporting dues over and over and I'll have whatever opinion I want and really wish others would respect that right in all their fellow supporters.

Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The cookie monster said:

And then Marwood said "here you go, Bob" and presented him with Garcia, Sinclair, Maicon and Rodwell, players he'd never really heard of, and he got them in training and realised they were all shit. So trailling Man United by 12 points is all Marwood's fault.

That little lot were best part of £35m. Let's just think about this for a second.

Didsbury Dave said:

I think he might have heard of Maicon!

And he could hardly have forgotten Rodwell man-marking Silva plus Platt said they had been tracking Rodwell for 2 (?) years.

-- Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:28 pm --

tolmie's hairdoo said:
That little lot were best part of £35m. Let's just think about this for a second.

I said the other day that we should have paid the necessary for Bale, bought Nasty and no one else but made De Jong stay.

In hindsight, we should also have tried very hard to swap Mario for Cavani.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Can I just say that I am heartily sick of seeing people told that they are not supporting the club for daring to question the manager etc. I'm actually somewhere in the middle on the Mancini in/out debate (but not sat on the fence); however, some of the crap that the In brigade come up with is pathetic and the abuse handed out is even worse.

I didn't go to Southampton - although I've been several times to watch City there - as it's closer to where I live than Manchester; in fact, it cost me more to go to see the Leeds game than it would have done Saints. I have to balance that games I attend in person against the needs of my family (wife and daughters who are not into football but do favour private education); I do have 40 years on the season ticket clock so I've paid my supporting dues over and over and I'll have whatever opinion I want and really wish others would respect that right in all their fellow supporters.

I've had people on here telling me I'm not a proper supporter for years. It's childish, and pathetic, and you paint a vision in your head of some City shirt-wearing, spittle-flecked thicko from the cheap seats who's never played a game of football in their lives.

But to be pontificated to by some fucking armchair fan across the world about how I should "support" the club I've dedicated a huge part of my life to is beyond the pale.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The cookie monster said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

===============
Fact or pure conjecture?

Was he not a guest of the club for the Derby in April?
Did he not indicate he would join us?

When he announced a few days later he will be wearing Blue in England, did he mean Chelsea: and not City?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.