Mancini Interview BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leveblue said:
He was the right man at the right time.

Agreed, he's going to go down as one of the greats for me.

His personality both won us that cup and title as well as got himself fired.

We've moved on for the best but like an ex player I wish him the best.

I don't think I'd of wanted anyone else to have lifted that title with us, not Mourinho or Rafa or any of the names that were occasionally bounded about here. He was just right for us.

City legend. I do wonder why journalists have to be so disrespectful towards Mancini in a way they never would with others. This one was at it as well, all very negative questioning. Nothing about overtaking United, nothing about the first trophy, just bullshit about football not being as exciting and losing the dressing room.

sam663 said:
Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini says he is happy to see his old club reaping the rewards of his time in charge as they battle it out for trophies on four fronts.

The current Galatasaray manager says he is satisfied with the job he did at Etihad Stadium and the only reason they did not win the title in his final season was the fact Manchester United signed Robin van Persie.

Mancini plays down rumours of dressing room problems in his time at the club and says City's football is no more exciting under new boss Manuel Pellegrini than it was under him.

Probably because of that extreme arrogance he is not here .

Extreme arrogance? Isn't he just defending his record, as all managers do?

Like many on here, Mancini was probably the best choice for the time he was at City. And I agree it was the best moment to go as well. And for the time he spent at our club I hold fond memories, highlighted when we won the league (and the FA-cup for that matter). I think he was brought in under more difficult circumstances with City more stabilized when Pellegrini moved in. I agree to an extend that his work has been fundamentel to what we are looking at today, but I doubt it had anything to do with the joy that shines of the players on and off the pitch nowadays.
I hope Mancini is succesfull, except when playing us in the future, as I'm sure we will ran in to one of his teams.

He should be able to defend his record here, too. We are where we are now largely because of Mancini. There were a couple of silly defeats in the title winning season, (some that i'd forgot about before watching the 11/12 review on Sky last night), but then again there have been in Pellers' early reign here. There is a difference between the two though, and that is that Pellegrini seems to have set his mark on the squad in record time after those early defeats, and the squad seems in total unity like a well oiled machine. As I say though, Mancini should be able to defend the record here without being accused of being arrogant, because 3 trophies in those 3 years is, to be honest, quite fucking magnificent.

HUGHES IN!

Pigeonho said:
He should be able to defend his record here, too. We are where we are now largely because of Mancini. There were a couple of silly defeats in the title winning season, (some that i'd forgot about before watching the 11/12 review on Sky last night), but then again there have been in Pellers' early reign here. There is a difference between the two though, and that is that Pellegrini seems to have set his mark on the squad in record time after those early defeats, and the squad seems in total unity like a well oiled machine. As I say though, Mancini should be able to defend the record here without being accused of being arrogant, because 3 trophies in those 3 years is, to be honest, quite fucking magnificent.

HUGHES IN!

2 trophies lets not become rags and count the charity shield (or whatever the fuck it is now)

Let's not forget it's all about trophies in the cabinet. Bob won us the league and whilst it is going great now Pelli needs to make sure we get over the line in the league this term (a cup would be a bonus).

Until then it's all just potential.

When Bob came to City I thought his football was too negative but now realise that he was right, as this was what was needed at the time to help us progress as a club. The football we played in the season we won the championship was brilliant and not a million miles away from what we are producing at the moment. Mancini is a true City legend in my eyes. Thank you Bobby Manc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.