Mancini now has to deliver...

Bluemoon115

...in other competitions.

He decided the Carling Cup should not be one of our main priorities. I disagree with that (well, I'm rather furious), but I'll get over that. Hopefully...

Call it reserves, youth team, 5 aside tea, pub team or whatever, they played for Manchester City's first team. Some did well, others, less so, but back onto the point.

If we now go on to finish 4th, and have a good run in the EL/FA Cup, then this will be written off, forgiven and forgotten. A learning curve for the youngsters, while Mancini delivered in other areas. However, should we fail to finish in the Champions League spots again, an slide out of the other Cup competitions, then this will have been a complete and utter fuck up.

The fact is, the impact of tonight's loss will only be discovered at the end of the season. It may have been collateral damage in a fantastic season, or a sign of things to come. Neither argument can be proven just yet, well, except maybe on Bluemoon.

There's my rant. Well done City. Well FUCKING done.

Massive, massive mistake from Mancini playing a bunch of kids along the back four.

Blood 3 or 4 throughout the team but the whole back four away to another Premiership team?

I'm a Mancini fan but he'll have to hold his hands up tonight.

Bluemoon115 said:

He decided the Carling Cup should not be one of our main priorities. I disagree with that (well, I'm rather furious), but I'll get over that. Hopefully...

Call it reserves, youth team, 5 aside tea, pub team or whatever, they played for Manchester City's first team. Some did well, others, less so, but back onto the point.

If we now go on to finish 4th, and have a good run in the EL/FA Cup, then this will be written off, forgiven and forgotten. A learning curve for the youngsters, while Mancini delivered in other areas. However, should we fail to finish in the Champions League spots again, an slide out of the other Cup competitions, then this will have been a complete and utter fuck up.

The fact is, the impact of tonight's loss will only be discovered at the end of the season. It may have been collateral damage in a fantastic season, or a sign of things to come. Neither argument can be proven just yet, well, except maybe on Bluemoon.

Arsenal and Wenger does this every year. Ancellotti done it tonight

maybe with a clean bill of health we could have played Bridge, Adebayor and players like that who would have been good enough to give us a good chance of winning - but they weren't.

It's very difficult to beat a Premiership club away from home in the League Cup, play in the Europa League and the Premiership every week with a squad that is hit hard with injuries.

You could argue that we could have started with Silva, but I don't have an issue with the squad selection. Just disappointed we lost. At least the kids benefitted and we haven't lost too much in terms of injuries or confidence

We'll probably get beat on Saturday as well. But for me Mancini made the right decision

Have a look at all the PL teams over the last two nights !!
Is there ANY team that has played more than 6 REGULAR players in this shit competition ?? How many attendances have dropped alarmingly ??
Sorry but for me,I`m disappointed but not SUCICIDAL,unlike some of you.
Priorites have to be given to Chelsea and Juventus games,so lets put things into perspective.
I`ll sleep tonight knowing that we will have a very good squad available for Saturday first.

Bluemoon115 said:

Excellent post mate this about sums up how I feel, we are suffering the pains of not winning anything for years versus becoming a major player looking to win the bigger competitions.

maxflicity said:
Bluemoon115 said:

Excellent post mate this about sums up how I feel, we are suffering the pains of not winning anything for years versus becoming a major player looking to win the bigger competitions.
Aye.

Calculated risk, that cannot be measured until the end of the season.

I'm not pleased, but will give him the chance to prove he made the right decision.

But like I said, if we have nothing to show at the end of the season, then tonight's tactics will be considered a poor decision.

warpig said:
wow, our reseves got beat in the carling cup. how am I going to sleep tonite.

Alright mate!!!! Calm down!!!

No need for that over-reaction1!!!!!12

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.