Mancini On Pep

Mancini is a legend. Pep will be one too.

Correct. Why people can't be fans of both, or tolerate others' opinions of both, is beyond me.

Mancini was the right man at the time, but the time he left was also right. Pep will hopefully prove to be the right man for this time too and I'm excited for the transformation we'll likely see this summer.

He had been incredibly average once he joined us but actually you have only emphasised my point if anything. Lescott was a very expensive defender who had failed to deliver, Mangala was exactly the same. One is worked with, improved and meets his potential the other is fucked off on loan because he presumably is deemed not good enough, replaced with an even more expensive central defender who looks no better defensively. I am sure we will be able to match Mancini's defensive record once Pep has spent a couple of hundred million on some more defenders to go alongside Stones. Actually, I'm not sure.

Mancini also got rid of plenty of players and signed plenty of players. Even defenders. So I literally don't get your point at all. So what if Pep fucked Mangala off. Mancini managed to fuck off Boateng who has gone on to be considered one of the best centre halves in the world. He spent at the time close to a world record fee for a full back (Kolarov) who turned out to be dogshit for the most part and who proceeded to be our weakest link for the best part of five years.

The fact you keep going back to what Pep has spent actually tells me a lot. Mancini is the reason City failed FFP. He was sacked because his answer to squad management was "sell everyone and keep me" after he'd fallen out with everyone. So it's funny listening to someone trying to argue that Mancini's a great coach who works with poor materials and improves them and Pep's just a cheque book manager.

Mancini also got rid of plenty of players and signed plenty of players. Even defenders. So I literally don't get your point at all. So what if Pep fucked Mangala off. Mancini managed to fuck off Boateng who has gone on to be considered one of the best centre halves in the world. He spent at the time close to a world record fee for a full back (Kolarov) who turned out to be dogshit for the most part and who proceeded to be our weakest link for the best part of five years.

The fact you keep going back to what Pep has spent actually tells me a lot. Mancini is the reason City failed FFP. He was sacked because his answer to squad management was "sell everyone and keep me" after he'd fallen out with everyone. So it's funny listening to someone trying to argue that Mancini's a great coach who works with poor materials and improves them and Pep's just a cheque book manager.

Your contempt for Mancini holds no bounds,that is your opinion,and you are more than welcome to have it,the use of Boateng surely has more to it than we know,not being able to settle is what I always believed to be content in thinking..... ??

Your contempt for Mancini holds no bounds,that is your opinion,and you are more than welcome to have it,the use of Boateng surely has more to it than we know,not being able to settle is what I always believed to be content in thinking..... ??

I've got no contempt for Mancini, I kinda feel sorry for the guy. Wish he had a job because he's a top coach who under the right circumstances can make teams punch well above their weight as he has shown throughout his career. He isn't however a footballing deity and he is a LONG way behind our current manager in every single aspect of managing a football club.

Personally I find your contempt for our current manager and the amount of disrespect you continually show him to be ironic considering how defensive you are (excuse the pun) of Bobby Manc.

we have to move on and mancini will forever be in our hearts but maybe it was better that way to end than getting the sack and the fans turning on him

now for pep god knows what will happen under pep and he even says he mis-judged the league at the start and we all know manchester city don't get the rub of the green when it comes to the ref's and this season has been shocking they have gone to town on pep and his team and 7 red cards and 4 club fines says it all really

but back to the boss yes i say that with mancini he was special and took us to the moon and back some great memorises the passion on the touchline but one things stands out for me
IDShot_540x540.jpg

I've got no contempt for Mancini, I kinda feel sorry for the guy. Wish he had a job because he's a top coach who under the right circumstances can make teams punch well above their weight as he has shown throughout his career. He isn't however a footballing deity and he is a LONG way behind our current manager in every single aspect of managing a football club.

Personally I find your contempt for our current manager and the amount of disrespect you continually show him to be ironic considering how defensive you are (excuse the pun) of Bobby Manc.

No not at all do I have contempt for Guardiola,he has got a huge job on his hands with us,for that we all know the truth,but the biggest issue I have is that so many have made it out that he is a messiah,yet there have been so many flaws in his selections at times that season,that could arguably cost us any chance of silverware this season,and its inevitable that past managers will have a dig from time to time,if that is what Mancini meant.

Mancini blew it in my opinion,because of how he was,which is a shame really,as I believe he could of been our manager for a very long time,but he did win a few trophies I suppose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.