Mancini On Pep

Not sure what this proves... that was an individual mistake, no scrap that dual mistake... Kompany starting running out of defence when he should have be holding his position making himself available like Pep trains them to do to play out from the back and Stones plays a blind pass when he had time to look.

It's the pissing about at the back highlighted,to see what can happen

It's all down to interpretation of course. In my opinion that is a dig at Pep and if it is then I think Bobby should take a look at himself.

I have to back the current manager over the past one here, especially seeing as the aforementioned past manager is currently out of a job and was sacked by us for effectively falling out with everyone. Of course I'm grateful for what he did for us but those comments for me show that he has no clue what he's talking about RE Pep.

You say Lescott was average when we bought him. Why did we spend a club record on a defender that was average then?

Weren't you supporting us at the time? Lescott was a huge transfer for huge money (at the time).
He had been incredibly average once he joined us but actually you have only emphasised my point if anything. Lescott was a very expensive defender who had failed to deliver, Mangala was exactly the same. One is worked with, improved and meets his potential the other is fucked off on loan because he presumably is deemed not good enough, replaced with an even more expensive central defender who looks no better defensively. I am sure we will be able to match Mancini's defensive record once Pep has spent a couple of hundred million on some more defenders to go alongside Stones. Actually, I'm not sure.

Anyone who knows anything about football and transfer dealings know we paid way over the odds for Lescott,we made our interest known,they didn't want to know,so then he put in a transfer request and up went the price by at least 10m,surely you see that as well ?

And what the fuck is this "anger issues" chat ? Jesus lad you need a lie down,it's every time you get a snide dig in,all the time,it is you who should bore off,it is literally every time with you,stick to you politics bollocks chat,leave the football chat to those who go
Do you think Lescott was an average defender? That was the comment I took issue with. Whether we paid over the odds is another issue.

We could pay £300m for Messi. It would mean we'd paid over the odds but it wouldn't make him average.

Lescott was an excellent defender and pivotal in our first two pots in 40 years.

What can happen. Wouldn't have happened if the players hadn't made a Sunday-League level mistake, the like of which should only be made twice a season max by each club.

It's not just our team that has those moments even teams that play hoofball concede howlers like that from time to time. I think of it like risk and reward, Neuer does it to his teams all the time(takes risks) but he offers an extra dimension most keepers don't give you too which outweighs the negatives in the end. We are a damn sight better at it now(playing out from the back) than we were at the start of the season for me, soon we'll be passing teams to a standstill when they try and press us high up the pitch and be in behind them before they can blink. We've seen flashes of this when we are at our best, with the right reinforcements I think we'll be consistently very good to watch next season.

Last edited:
He is spot on. Its a shame the club didn't back Mancini like they have Pep and the corpse because we would have have won so much more.
Imagine this place had we sold Aguero, Hart, Silva, Richards, Toure and Kompany rather than sacking the manager.

Hell of a move when they were all at their peak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.