mancini on sky sport

jay_mcfc said:
inchy14 said:
The one thing we ALL agree on is Mancini is the right man for the job.

I know people have other opinions but he's won the FA cup and Prem in his first few seasons and that's more than enough for me.

How fucking dare you. Ridiculous you're only looking backwards and not forward

You say that sarcastically? But isn't looking back and not forward what we mock liverpool for, with their history etc.

I'm not saying sack Mancini, and forget his fantastic achievements, just think it's a strange point to make.

Looking forward is ALWAYS more important than looking back.

dancity19 said:
You say that sarcastically? But isn't looking back and not forward what we mock liverpool for, with their history etc.

I'm not saying sack Mancini, and forget his fantastic achievements, just think it's a strange point to make.

That is comedy gold. You're talking about the current league champions against a club that hasn't won the league in two decades. No comparison.

jay_mcfc said:
dancity19 said:

That is comedy gold. You're talking about the current league champions against a club that hasn't won the league in two decades. No comparison.

No, I didn't mean it like that. As I said, I am talking explicitly about the looking forward comment. We can't be compared to them. I might not have made my point brilliantly well, and as I said, I am not anti mancini, or one to forget what we have achieved. As you said, we are champions. I am just saying, looking forward is always more important.

jay_mcfc said:
inchy14 said:

I know people have other opinions but he's won the FA cup and Prem in his first few seasons and that's more than enough for me.

How fucking dare you. Ridiculous you're only looking backwards and not forward

Careful someone will think you're serious.

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:
One of the major differences is our leagues here would put a stop to it. I realize that may seem odd to you, but the NFL or MLB or NBA won't tolerate tarring the brand as a whole, so they'll boot journalists that would hurt the marketing reputation.

Honest question - do you think the journalist who asked today's question was out of line ?

-- Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm --

SWP's back said:
If that's what he meant then I'm speechless.

Chance'd be a fine thing.

Still, this post gives you another chance to tell us how many games you get to. Surprised you didn't manage to mention Russ or one of your other match going mates either. You're as transparent as the newly shined windows in my apartment, just a shame you're far duller.

Now toddle off and go find some other poor soul to harangue.
Hate being shown up and ignored the point once again Billy.

You often bemoan the fact that people argue against the poster rather than the post but the above shows your hypocrisy on the matter.

I'll ask again, do you really think bluemoon is more pro Mancini than the match going fan base? And if so, what makes you think that seeing as you don't get to go to games given where you live?

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:
One of the major differences is our leagues here would put a stop to it. I realize that may seem odd to you, but the NFL or MLB or NBA won't tolerate tarring the brand as a whole, so they'll boot journalists that would hurt the marketing reputation.

Honest question - do you think the journalist who asked today's question was out of line ?
Honest answer I think the journalist was quite aware last week's answer was tongue-firmly-in-cheek and wanted to stir the pot because headlines sell. In the sense that it was a completely disingenuous question, yes it's out of line. In the sense that if that's the kind of questioning the club and league will allow, then it's not out of line at all. I realize that may not be as committed an answer as you would prefer from me, but it's not really a yes-or-no kind of topic. At club level, I think it matters but it's something the club and not the manager need to create a strategy to deal with. It's them dropping the ball this time. At league level... well, that's a different story. I'm not sure the Premier League quite understands or even needs to consider brand issues. It's not like football will ever become less popular in England, and they've never had to deal with an upstart that isn't a flash in the pan before the Old Boy's Club made up of the traditional Top 4 reestablishes. I'm not sure the league quite realizes that City remaining in the Top 4 (which is likely) and having multiple championships (which is likely) changes their marketing strategy. It's profitable for the Premier League when negotiating television deals for City to be likable. Allowing one of your clubs to be perceived internationally as a WWE villain is detrimental. I realize that the clubs are distinct entities, but at some point there needs to be a realization that the good of the whole can be affected by how the press portrays one or several clubs.

inchy14 said:
SWP's back said:
jay_mcfc said:
If he was claiming that that most fans outside of this forum are anti-Mancini then I really don't know what to say. Outside of this site I don't think I've heard about word about Mancini in 18 months.

Perhaps it's the cabal?
Possibly, I go home and away and haven't heard a word questioning his tenure other than Arse away last season.

If that's what he meant then I'm speechless.

8 of us go every home game and a few aways each season, we all disagree on stuff, Barry's shit or the best in the world, Balo is a genius or a liability etc..

Exactly, hence my surprise at the comments from the man who keeps losing bets on when Mancini will be sacked and therefore keeps having to welch on bets he made.

Few people love to derail topics with their mindless bitching

I will get hate mail for this<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
Mancini woahhhhhh,
Mancini whoaaaaaaa,
He comes from Italy,
To smash the Paparazzi.

Me like

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.