mancini on sky sport

SWP's back said:
I think you'll find far more disagree with you than agree with you. On Manchester at least, I wouldn't know about France.

Strawman alert...

All the more funny coming from the ultimate fence sitter!

Should just do a Baconface..... refuse to comment then quietly ask your assistant which paper the reporter was working with then ask your assistant to ban them from further press conferences!!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Should just do a Baconface..... refuse to comment then quietly ask your assistant which paper the reporter was working with then ask your assistant to ban them from further press conferences!!

Ferguson is a twat, I'd hate us to go down that road unless a journalist was being ridiculously out of order which was not the case today imo.

BillyShears said:
Sounds like he his lost his rag because he's been asked about the "six or seven clubs" quote from last week's press conference. Maybe he shouldn't have given the press the quote in the first place.

He didn't lose it. He just made it perfectly clear that he was fed up of the disrepectful nature of some of the questions that are REPEATEDLY put to him in these press conferences when a perfectly adequate answer has been delivered the previous week. 'Bout time he told one or two where to get off! They'd never ask these kind of questions to BaconFace - they know that'd be the last time they walked over the MANUre threshold.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
The way a lot of us feel about the press, could you imagine the next presser if we did this?

Mancini in an empty room "eez any more question?"

taconinja said:
I don't think I was very clear. Apologies. This is a concept I'm struggling to get across correctly. In a sense, a lot of the interviews I see with City personnel strike me as similar to the old "Have you stopped beating your wife?" chestnut. I don't think that there is a press agenda for the most part as you always have a few idiots with an ax to grind. Of course, this may be much more in part to the sports journalism I'm familiar with which to be honest I find much more equal in all regards than the British sports press.

The British tabloid culture is pretty unique, particularly in terms of how it deals with football, or even sport in general. Hero to zero in 7 days flat is par for the course.

All I'm interested in is City setting a higher standard than they're currently setting in terms of setting the agenda for the press. We weren't afraid to nix the Tevez stuff last season by banning questions about him. Maybe we saw last week's story as nothing and not warranting of any type of reaction - but we still should have given Mancini his response rather than leaving him to his own devices and letting him make things worse.

This type of thing shouldn't fall between the cracks in an organisation the size of MCFC.

strongbowholic said:
flb said:
BillyShears said:
Quite right too. Whatever the reasons behind that story from last week, it was a ****'s trick by whoever leaked it. City should've squashed it and briefed Mancini to squash it. The fact that a) they didn't squash it and b) Mancini made it worse with his "six or seven clubs" comments - isn't good enough IMO. Strong leadership from the top down is imperative and at times it feels like we constantly have different factions within the club bitching at each other.

This has nothing to do with my opinion of Mancini as a manager or of how the team are performing. It's about behaving like a big club, showing the type of class which i imagine our owners want, and not feeding the press machine.

Totally agree with you, our communication and PR department to be frank is a fucking joke-and its always been that way, MCFC the happy little cosy club who love everybody-that worked when we were shit and didn't rub United up the wrong way-the sooner this is sorted out the better and it needs a complete overhaul, what the fuck does Vicky Kloss actually ever do?

How many top clubs have a training pitch that is completely open to any journalist with a pair of step ladders? How many pictures have appeared in the press of Balotelli et al skirmishing?

How many top clubs let a manager obviously unbreafed sit in front of a pack of wolves who blatantly love ripping into Mancini and MCFC and answer awkward questions every week since hes been at the club?

The point is people cant comment on what they dont know about-City as a club seem only to happy to give the press as much ammunition as they want.
What you've missed there mate is that the press will make up any old shit and not let the facts get in the way of a good story. We could have the slickest PR set up in the world and it wouldn't make an ounce of difference.

The difference though fella is using United as an example if a journalist rights any untruths about his club he fucks them off from Old Trafford- we just shrug our shoulders and offer him another biscuit to dip in his cup of tea.Having a slick PR department would make a difference-it would tell every lying shit of a journalist to tread very carefully when reporting about the club-if it reduced the shit written about the club by 50% it would be job well done.

We haven't moved on from the king of gaffs himself Garry Cook,he tarnished many a peoples view of City from the very beginning, we have to learn otherwise it will happen to every other City manager in the future.

BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:
I think you'll find far more disagree with you than agree with you. On Manchester at least, I wouldn't know about France.

Strawman alert...

SWPs back may be some things but he is not a fence sitter.

Once again Billy Shears you are incorrect, becoming a common theme is it not?

I read a few comments over the weekend suggesting that the friday media fell down on the job by not asking Mancini more about the 7 or 8 clubs. Seemed liked they were having a 2nd bite at the cherry today.

In fact I thought Mancini was quite effective in cutting short the questioning on the subject. I was fully expecting a long list of questions along the lines of "Were you offered the Chelsea job?"

BillyShears said:
SWP's back said:

Strawman alert...

Ultimate fence sitter?

Was anti-Hughes from the first winter and wanted him gone and always been pro Mancini apart from one afternoon when I threw a pissed up paddy after the Arsenal game.

Anyway, nice deflection. You honestly think bluemoon is more pro Mancini than match going fans? Get to a game son.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.