mancini on sky sport

BillyShears said:
You've not a clue what you're talking about. You're just ranting even though the facts don't bare out anything you've posted.

Lets go back to the beginning - PLEASE EXPLAIN IN DETAIL WHAT IS IS THAT THE JOURNALIST DID WRONG YESTERDAY. IE. PLEASE QUOTE HIS QUESTION AND EXPLAIN WHAT RATIONALE YOU HAVE BEHIND CONSTANTLY REPEATING THAT HE WAS IN THE WRONG.
I'll leave out your childish paranoia regarding personal abuse and refrain from getting dragged into your petty little arguement. I will however answer your question.

What did the journalist do wrong?

Well, to answer we'd have to understand what this interview was for. Was it to do with the Champions League game ahead or was it for this individual to push the buttons regarding old news?

Now, in this City Fans eyes he is there to answer questions regarding the upcoming game and to be afforded the respect, as any other manager, not to divert to tedious questioning about aspects of his personal situation that are not relevent.

Why do I say not relevent, you may ask. Well, he's still our manager and didn't look at any point to be moving on. Maybe the Sheikh was thinking of sacking him, maybe there were other clubs in for him, but he's still here and still our manager.

You say that it almost proves that he was in talks because he himself stated that there were 7 or 8 clubs, but where does it prove? What this actually proves is that at the least part, he was being courted by many clubs which shows that he is a top coach/manager. At best, it shows his commitment to our club and the way he now wants to push on.

I'm sure you'll disagree with the above but that's my opinion and I don't get all precious about it. I also realise that he is our manager and that subversive and snidey views help nobody but those that spout such propoganda.

I like to stick to what I know mate and that is probably just as much as you, but you never know, it maybe even more.

Thanks for listening.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Blue Heaven said:
CC1 said:
But that's the whole point. I for one, am glad he didn't laugh it off. I am GLAD he gave the journalist an ear bashing because he was disrespecting our club, players and manager. Mancini chose to attack back.....This seems to have caused you some embarrassment. I think it was time to point out that he always answers questions honestly and politely but on this occasion the journo had crossed the line and was politely told to f*** off.

The embarrassment today was solely because Mancio once again, took the bait, went mental and had a hissy fit. He doesn't seem to have much self-control, whether he's screaming and gesticulating on the touchline, yelling at the admittedly scummy reporters, or slagging off his own players (or Marwood, or the medical staff) in front of the world footballing media. Mancini isn't MCFC, Sheik Mansour is, and when the ax falls, you'll all be reminded of that.

Duncan Castle's piece today is spot on, as usual, and he writes for the media organ owned by Sheik Mansour's brother. Do you not think there was a message or three in that for Mancini? When he's sacked, whether at season's end, or before, it will be as much for his personality and ego issues as for the lack of positive results in Europe. Sheik Mansour doesn't like horrible PR any more than any other owner, and Mancini is constantly providing the anti-City media with ammunition galore. This isn't just about our club, it's about Abu Dhabi, and the face it presents to the world.
What a load of shit.
Have you actually watched any of it?
And who are this "you'll all" you speak.?
Sacked?? For what? You're off your rocker.

Did you enjoy the Ajax match today? I certainly didn't, although I did appreciate the fightback to earn a draw. It's painful to see us falter in these critically important matches (because of need for CL revenue to meet FFP and to improve UEFA coefficient so we don't stay in Pot 3, or worse, fall into Pot 4 (unlikely, thank God).

One more nail in the coffin - open your eyes and take a look around. I'll always consider Mancini to be a City hero, because he has taken us forward in a massive way, as he imparted tactical awareness to a squad that under Agent Hughes, was really well conditioned, but didn't know what to do or where to be on the pitch and how to handle game situations. However, we've clearly begun to regress in that regard this season, and we continue to leak soft goals on corners. Mancini has taken us far, but he is not going to take us any further.
If we do not qualify for the Eurodisney League, then our coefficient will really suffer, and at this point, we've got an uphill climb in that regard.<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:02 pm --<br /><br />
Rolee said:
What was the purpose of yesterday's press conference?

I assume it was to answer questions relating specifically to the Ajax game and the CL campaign in general. Is this right?

If so, what was the relevance of Mr. Jackson's question?

Sorry, but THIS is irrelevant. When smug little City-hating journos ask these questions at pressers, all Mancini has to do is refuse to provide an answer. If a particular journo continues to offend in this manner, Mancini should simply NEVER answer a question from said journo. THAT is how you shut them up and force them to stay on subject. Honestly, this isn't brain surgery.....

Blue Heaven said:
Did you enjoy the Ajax match today? I certainly didn't, although I did appreciate the fightback to earn a draw. It's painful to see us falter in these critically important matches (because of need for CL revenue to meet FFP and to improve UEFA coefficient so we don't stay in Pot 3, or worse, fall into Pot 4 (unlikely, thank God).

One more nail in the coffin - open your eyes and take a look around. I'll always consider Mancini to be a City hero, because he has taken us forward in a massive way, as he imparted tactical awareness to a squad that under Agent Hughes, was really well conditioned, but didn't know what to do or where to be on the pitch and how to handle game situations. However, we've clearly begun to regress in that regard this season, and we continue to leak soft goals on corners. Mancini has taken us far, but he is not going to take us any further.
If we do not qualify for the Eurodisney League, then our coefficient will really suffer, and at this point, we've got an uphill climb in that regard.

he deserves 5 years to have an opportuntity to crack CL(still less than pisscan had) , thats what his contract states , nice use of the word massive btw

cyprustavern said:
Blue Heaven said:

If we do not qualify for the Eurodisney League, then our coefficient will really suffer, and at this point, we've got an uphill climb in that regard.

he deserves 5 years to have an opportuntity to crack CL(still less than pisscan had) , thats what his contract states , nice use of the word massive btw

When you say "crack CL" do you mean crack the group stage or genuinely be a contender for the trophy?

Lancet Fluke said:
When you say "crack CL" do you mean crack the group stage or genuinely be a contender for the trophy?

i would think semi final stages minimum by next 3/4 years

Blue Heaven said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Blue Heaven said:
The embarrassment today was solely because Mancio once again, took the bait, went mental and had a hissy fit. He doesn't seem to have much self-control, whether he's screaming and gesticulating on the touchline, yelling at the admittedly scummy reporters, or slagging off his own players (or Marwood, or the medical staff) in front of the world footballing media. Mancini isn't MCFC, Sheik Mansour is, and when the ax falls, you'll all be reminded of that.

Duncan Castle's piece today is spot on, as usual, and he writes for the media organ owned by Sheik Mansour's brother. Do you not think there was a message or three in that for Mancini? When he's sacked, whether at season's end, or before, it will be as much for his personality and ego issues as for the lack of positive results in Europe. Sheik Mansour doesn't like horrible PR any more than any other owner, and Mancini is constantly providing the anti-City media with ammunition galore. This isn't just about our club, it's about Abu Dhabi, and the face it presents to the world.
What a load of shit.
Have you actually watched any of it?
And who are this "you'll all" you speak.?
Sacked?? For what? You're off your rocker.

-- Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:02 pm --

Rolee said:

I assume it was to answer questions relating specifically to the Ajax game and the CL campaign in general. Is this right?

Sorry, but THIS is irrelevant. When smug little City-hating journos ask these questions at pressers, all Mancini has to do is refuse to provide an answer. If a particular journo continues to offend in this manner, Mancini should simply NEVER answer a question from said journo. THAT is how you shut them up and force them to stay on subject. Honestly, this isn't brain surgery.....
Sorry but you didn't answer any of my questions
It's past midnight over here don't yer know.

cyprustavern said:
Lancet Fluke said:

i would think semi final stages minimum by next 3/4 years
That's a completely realistic and down to earth view that I hold. We've played ten Champions Lg games. We're still evolving as a squad. We've got a lot to learn. Getting rid of Mancini isn't part of the learning process.

This season we need to retain the title. Right now, as nice as the extra money would be, not only are we a bit fresh and naive in ways, we're also not good enough in ways too and won't be winning that Cahmpions Lg yet.

Next season we may do better and we'll just look back and say "well we'd only been in the comp five minutes which might explain the early deficiencies in the CL".

Rolee said:

Do you really think it is a realistic expectation that journalists only ask questions specifically about the upcoming match and literally nothing else at a pre-match press conference? If that is your argument for that journalist being out of order then imo it is a pretty disingenuous argument. Every Friday there is a pre-match conference prior to the weekend premier league game. Journalists will ask all sorts of questions relating to the club, they aren't expected to only ask questions that directly relate to the next match. Why should it be any different prior to a CL match?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.