mancini on sky sport

jonmcity said:
Roosty said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mancini was stupid, in the respect he should have been better briefed.

The press will always take liberties with those they perceive to be weak, under pressure or dare I say, foreign?

United's PR department is worse than City's on so many levels, the only reason they don't fight the fires they do is because nobody would dare ask Ferguson a loaded question in the first place.

He knows the media need United, and he also knows that livelihoods and jobs depend on people towing the line.

All you need to do is ban people on a consistent basis and the penny will start to drop.

The story about Monaco was true, as was confirmed by Mancini.

We can't start having a pop at a guy doing his job, when Mancini presented them with an own goal.

I will caveat it, Champions League pressers are more of a bun fight, managers have to do them and there is less form of control from clubs.

Having just watched the press conference, I don't believe that Mancini was stupid. I can quite understand his reaction, which to be honest I do not think was over the top. He is constantly being asked questions about subjects that go on at all clubs but are not raised with other managers, usually he answers without a problem but on this occasion he had simply had enough.

I think the more important issue is why was this article about Monaco published now, if as said by Gabriele Marcotti this was well known. Quote from Marcotti below:

"The fact that Mancini had weighed up an offer from Monaco and its billionaire owner Dmitry Rybolovlev (the man who bought his daughter the most expensive apartment ever sold in Manhattan, a $88 million penthouse) was generally common knowledge in football circles. The timing of the report last week -- a few days after Brian Marwood, with whom Mancini had clashed, was demoted from his role as de facto sporting director and replaced by Txiki Beguiristain -- doesn't seem coincidental."

If as suggested by this comment the original article was instigated by someone from within the club then this is very worrying to me but also goes some way to explain why Mancini was annoyed about being asked questions on it.

True and if Marwood has had anything to do with this he should be sacked.

Marwood is nowhere near it. He would have had numerous better opportunities to leak this story.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Should just do a Baconface..... refuse to comment then quietly ask your assistant which paper the reporter was working with then ask your assistant to ban them from further press conferences!!

Ferguson is a twat, I'd hate us to go down that road unless a journalist was being ridiculously out of order which was not the case today imo.

it is a bit of a dick thing to do but it's stopped Ferguson receiving stupid questions on a daily basis and it's the main reason why reporters fear him..... The press have had it for Bobby since he took over from Hughes, I have vague memories of his first conference as City manager and it was like watching a bunch of vultures picking at a corpse, I remember feeling embarrassed for Bobby that day and no manager should be welcomed into English football like he did and nothing has changed to this day sadly!!

Yes, Henry Winter in particular was a disgrace at that first press conference. I do think Mancini gets a bit of a rough ride in the press (although he does bring some of the negativity on himself imo) and personally I think if we went down the road of banning journos for anything like ferguson does, he'd just get even more grief. I still don't think that journalist did anything wrong yesterday, that's really my point and banning him would have been embarrassing.

BillyShears said:
honkytonkman187 said:
BillyShears said:
If the journalist in question, the one who asked yesterday's question, had done anything wrong he'd be banned from City. He isn't, because he didn't do anything wrong, no matter how many times it's repeated in this thread.

not quite right - Mancini possibly puts himself in the line of fire by answering questions that he could rightly refuse to answer. Taggart bans journos for fun if they step out of line, either in what they print, or if he's in a bad mood on the day of the press conf.

City rarely ban journos.

And Jamie Jackson is a bell-end. He's a joke of a journalist, and we shouldn't think that just because he doesn't work for a red-top he isn't anything but crap. This is the bloke who was reprimanded by the Judge in the Redknapp trial for tweeting the name of one of the jurors !!

Banning journalists is daft unless they well and truly cross a line (which Jamie Jackson certainly didn't do yesterday). As i said in my earlier postings in this thread, City should've handled the Monaco story better but they didn't. Mancini should've handled it better but he didn't. Criticising a journalist for doing his or her job is daft IMO.
The journo did no wrong, I agree. What is annoyiing is that no matter how we would have handled it, there would still have been sniping and negativity:

City: You may not ask questions about Monaco
Press: City refuse to deny allegations. City go on the defencive. City refuse to deal with the issues

City: I never spoke to Monaco
Press: City lie about contact with Monaco

City: I spoke to Monaco
Press: Mancini wants out

City: I spoke to several clubs
Press: Mancini confirms exit wish

City: Right, enough now
Press: Mancini's cracking up

City: We managed to put out a fire at the orphange, but sadly one person was killed
Press: Heartless City can't prevent fire death

It will never change as it fills column inches and appeals to the readership - I've said before, City = 5% of the readership at best, Rags = 20-50%; who are they going to play to?

It's just all getting a bit boring with them really.

Having slept on it, I feel Mancini snapping at them yesterday was actually a good thing. He ended up calling the elephant in the room, which is no matter what we do, the pack will not give the club any respect. In turn, this has also removed any focus from the players tonight as well. So all in all, again imho, a bit of a positive.

Whatever the political machinations and end games alluded to by yoursel, TH and others, I've no idea on in all fairness.

BillyShears said:
If the journalist in question, the one who asked yesterday's question, had done anything wrong he'd be banned from City. He isn't, because he didn't do anything wrong, no matter how many times it's repeated in this thread.
He's a c*nt, and anybody who supports that sort of treatment of our club (which includes our fans) is also a c*nt; a sheepish one at that.

The Future's Blue said:
BillyShears said:
He's a c*nt, and anybody who supports that sort of treatment of our club (which includes our fans) is also a c*nt; a sheepish one at that.

What "treatment" is that. Asking a fucking question. Grow up and tone down the personal abuse.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Roosty said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mancini was stupid, in the respect he should have been better briefed.

The press will always take liberties with those they perceive to be weak, under pressure or dare I say, foreign?

United's PR department is worse than City's on so many levels, the only reason they don't fight the fires they do is because nobody would dare ask Ferguson a loaded question in the first place.

He knows the media need United, and he also knows that livelihoods and jobs depend on people towing the line.

All you need to do is ban people on a consistent basis and the penny will start to drop.

The story about Monaco was true, as was confirmed by Mancini.

We can't start having a pop at a guy doing his job, when Mancini presented them with an own goal.

I will caveat it, Champions League pressers are more of a bun fight, managers have to do them and there is less form of control from clubs.

Having just watched the press conference, I don't believe that Mancini was stupid. I can quite understand his reaction, which to be honest I do not think was over the top. He is constantly being asked questions about subjects that go on at all clubs but are not raised with other managers, usually he answers without a problem but on this occasion he had simply had enough.

I think the more important issue is why was this article about Monaco published now, if as said by Gabriele Marcotti this was well known. Quote from Marcotti below:

"The fact that Mancini had weighed up an offer from Monaco and its billionaire owner Dmitry Rybolovlev (the man who bought his daughter the most expensive apartment ever sold in Manhattan, a $88 million penthouse) was generally common knowledge in football circles. The timing of the report last week -- a few days after Brian Marwood, with whom Mancini had clashed, was demoted from his role as de facto sporting director and replaced by Txiki Beguiristain -- doesn't seem coincidental."

If as suggested by this comment the original article was instigated by someone from within the club then this is very worrying to me but also goes some way to explain why Mancini was annoyed about being asked questions on it.

Marcotti is a liar like that other prick, Ballague.

If it was common knowledge in 'football circles' , it would have been written at the time, when it would have actually been a more pertinent story, and cost us the title.

Marcotti has simply gone in to bat for a fellow countryman, nothing more.

Mancini had no option but to confirm the story, because he did not know what else the Guardian may have been able to produce.

Marwood is fireproof, Mancini is not, that's the reality.

Thank you for your response. I am very relieved to hear that this article did not come from Marwood as had been suggested by Marcotti.

I am usually quite good at spotting the rubbish that is sometimes written about City but this time I was taken in!

BillyShears said:
The Future's Blue said:
BillyShears said:

What "treatment" is that. Asking a fucking question. Grow up and tone down the personal abuse.

Well the journalist in question didn't offer to rim Mancini in the press conference which I think we can all agree is utterly unacceptable behaviour.

BillyShears said:
The Future's Blue said:
BillyShears said:

Excuse me, what personal abuse?

I don't know if you've noticed but there is a concerted effort from certain members of the media to deride Mancini. The Monaco story followed closely with specualtion regarding player unrest and then Guardiola. Hot on the tail comes this reporter prefering to talk utter rubbish to get a headline, is it any wonder that he eventually decided to fight back?

Now, you are the all knowledgable when it comes to this, please tellme what noises the Sheikh as made about getting rid of Mancini? And what about the player unrest, which ITK has proof that Vinnie et al are liars. Oh, and the Monaco story, was Mancini in talks or was it a case of them sniffing around and Mancini said 'No'?

If you can give me the full inside story it'd be much appreciated. Afterall, I'll be backing the club, including manager and players tonight, so it'd be nice to know which players aren't putting in a shift or if Mancini is shitting on them from a great height. Your inside info would be much appreciated.

As I said, the journo is a c*nt because he has decided to once again deflect away from what I, as a supporter, want to hear. Mancini had it right, the f*cks have no respect for our club, and that includes me, and you. If you're happy with that and choose to defend them then that's your choice but I'd rather debate the real issues, good or bad.

Personal? Really?

It's interesting that you and Tolmie are so keen to distance Marwood from this story Billy. There is plenty of evidence that he has been Danny Boy's prime source for anti-Mancini propaganda for some time (along with BM of course!)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/nov/01/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-monaco" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ity-monaco</a>

People just can't look past their noses on this can they.

We as a club hit the jackpot, we have wealth every fans dream of, we have a team most fans woudl dream of and we have a great future. We are targets for hate as we are fans of a club that are bitter rivals with the media darlings.

City are a target because it sells and because Joe Bloggs member of public is an envious dreamer who prefers to dwell on negativity than positivity. How many people dislike a lottery winner? How many people dislike good looking famous people who are shaggers? How many people resent successful people?

We are a club that is to be envied and folks in this country tend to be bitter, spiteful and resentful bastards on the whole. I say this as someone who works nationwide and has had the unpleasant job of dealing with the members of public. People would rather talk about the demise of the country than a firm that's creating jobs. They'd rather talk about the administration off JJB and Woolworths than talk about the ever expanding success stories that are Costas and Card Factory.

A reporters job is to report news. However when selling anything there must be demand for the produce else the business isn't viable. They coudl write about amazing team spirit to come back from beating WBA with 10 men and talk about how we are injury ravaged with first team players since start of season. OR. They could write about losing to Ajax with the incredible difference in cost of starting elevens or they could twist it so that Mancini is costing his team with all his tinkering instead of telling the truth that Kompany, Clichy, Richards, Zab, Maicon, Barry, Garcia, Milner, Aguero and Balotelli have all been injured at some point since the start of the season.

Lets not get eaten up about some people earning their crust in a dishonourable way. Soak up the hate and vent positively in a manner of motivation. Let the haters hate whilst the winners win.

Edit;
Just for the record it pains me to see the hate written and it pains me to debate with haters. I wish the club would get the repsect we deserve and I wish the agenda woudl cease but quite frankly it's wishful thinking and it's here to stay for the forseeable future. Banning disrespectful reporters would be a start and so would more outbursts like yesterday where a spade is called. It was refreshing to see to be honest. I'm not a fan of Dalglish but I can completely emptahise with his hatred of the media. Mountains are made out of molehills. Every fucker under the sun has an opinion on the heavily saturated 'issues' reported on SSN. Monks are battered in Nepal, White people are killed and robbed in Zimababwe yet people only discuss whether or not Balotelli meant to hurt Parker with his 'stamp'. Rather sad wouldn't you agree?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.