Mancini or Hughes - you decide ?

fez1958 said:
183sash said:
as of now i would say - Hughes 50.5% - Mancini 49.5%

mancini is still picking from hughes team but has made them win games instesd of drawing games fact

and yet some people still slate hughes as doing nothing for the club. as you yourself say, hughes procured players capable of being molded into a team that wins games.

i think hughes should be viewed as a successful transitional manager for our club.

Lord BLue said:
fez1958 said:
mancini is still picking from hughes team but has made them win games instesd of drawing games fact

and yet some people still slate hughes as doing nothing for the club. as you yourself say, hughes procured players capable of being molded into a team that wins games.

i think hughes should be viewed as a successful transitional manager for our club.

I bet that you'd been able to buy good players spend 200 million

Lord BLue said:
fez1958 said:

I more or less agree. I felt last season was a poorish effort given the money spent, but in the final analysis he did buy some very decent players. perhaps that's what made it that much more frustrating when he made the defenders look like numpties on a regular basis. IMO he did outstay his welcome by a few months, but it took that long for his shortcomings to become clear to everyone. well, nearly everyone ;)

Mancini has had a good start. Let's see how we progress under him. We've had two Premier League away games under him and won well in one and were battered in another. After we've been to Hull and Stoke we can judge him better on that score.

There are things he does that I don't like though. One is playing Petrov on the right. It is something Hughes was slated for on this site and it's still a strange tactic. Secondly I don't like the Tevez and Adebayor partnership but he hasn't had the chance to try things out in attack yet so I'll let him experiment there. The defence has looked better since he came in but I have y doubts about the narrow way we play. Likewise the zonal marking but for now they are working so I can't complain too much there. One thing I would say though is that he needs to sort out our defending of short corners. Scunthorpe got away with three or four yet in the next game instead of sorting it we allowed the rags a short one and they got the winner off it. The final thing I am unsure about is his constant changing of the team's shape. A lot of people say how great it is that he reacts to the circumstances of a game and changes things. After Sven and Hughes that is a relief. However, I'd like to see him get the tactics right from the start every now and then and let us dictate things rather than constantly changing based on the opposition.

On the plus side he has got the defence looking better. I think a lot of the improvements are partially due to the pressure on the players being less now. Under Hughes there was this strong sense that they were playing for his job. The whole club is more relaxed now Hughes has gone. Partly forced by injury it has been good how he has given players who were out of the side a good chance. Garrido came in and has done okay. Boyata did well for such a young lad. Benjani...well forget about that one.

Managers are judged on results and so far the balance of results has been in Mancini's favour. There are things he does I don't like at the moment but his methods may win me round. If the results are sustained and good then he will start to prove the decision was correct. At the moment it hangs in the balance. In four games time we'll be able to make a better judgement.

Mancio said:
Lord BLue said:

I bet that you'd been able to buy good players spend 200 million

hmmm i'm not so sure spending 200 million is that easy :)
Many people have mooted names like Crouch, Hangeland, or villa, silva, Maicon etc.
But i can safely say i wouldnt have gone for bellamy, given, de jong, kompany, tal ben haim, adebayor, zabaleta, RSC, terry for various reasons like hadn't heard of or thought crap etc even though some of those have turned out to be crackers.
and i would have targeted premiership players gone for tevez, barry, lescott, toure, bridge, swp, etoo

squirtyflower said:
i seem to remember being told on here, lots of times, that hughes couldn't handle big players like robinho therefore we should move hughes on and bring in someone who can handle the big players

under hughes robbie played 45 times

less than six weeks after removing hughes, robbie is now playing his footie 9000 miles from COMS

Oh I think Mancini can handle the big players...as demonstrated by the fact that Robbie is now parking his arse on a beach in Brazil. I am just surprised that it took Mancini six weeks to do it. Mourinho would have done it in four. Mind you Jose speaks better English so it probably took Roberto a bit longer to get his point across.

BobKowalski said:
squirtyflower said:
i seem to remember being told on here, lots of times, that hughes couldn't handle big players like robinho therefore we should move hughes on and bring in someone who can handle the big players

less than six weeks after removing hughes, robbie is now playing his footie 9000 miles from COMS

Oh I think Mancini can handle the big players...as demonstrated by the fact that Robbie is now parking his arse on a beach in Brazil. I am just surprised that it took Mancini six weeks to do it. Mourinho would have done it in four. Mind you Jose speaks better English so it probably took Roberto a bit longer to get his point across.

Also what about Inter? Didn´t he have big name players to handle there? What big players has Hughes really had to manage? What happened with Elano etc?

BobKowalski said:
squirtyflower said:

With Mourinho being fluent in portugese might have helped,
No matter how good his English was Robbie would not have understood him.

BobKowalski said:
squirtyflower said:

as long as handling means 'getting rid of' i'm happy with the explanation

AIQ88 said:
BobKowalski said:

Also what about Inter? Didn´t he have big name players to handle there? What big players has Hughes really had to manage? What happened with Elano etc?
no probs now
understand that the right thing to do is to get rid
ergo hughes was right to 'manage' elano to turkey

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.