Mancini or Hughes - you decide ?

Mancio has the better hair, I always thought Hughes was a bit out of depth. Some people are born to win and succeed, Mancio is one of them.

I still think Hughes had two big things against him. First is that he was always under pressure and the nerves of the team reflected that. You can say that they (manager and team) should have handled it better but the speculation damaged our results.

Secondly he was bloody unlucky in some of the games. Offside decisions against us, dodgy penalties given against us, blatant penalties for us turned down etc. If say three of the big decisions had gone our way the results may well have been different and three of the draws could have been wins. In contrast Mancini has had some strokes of luck. Scunthorpe missed a sitter, Pompey had a shot that went down onto the line and out off the bar and so on. If a few of these incidents/decisions had gone against us who knows what would have happened. That's not to say luck is a deciding factor in any manager's reign but so far I think Mancini has been rather fortunate compared to Hughes.

As I said before, it is too early to judge the results of Mancini when he has only had two away league games and we were utter shite in one of them. Give it a few weeks before making and decisions. There are lots of things he does that are either the same things Hughes was slated for or I simply don't like. Results will always be key though and some of the things that Hughes was criticised for that Mancini is copying haven't been criticised because of the results. Just goes to show that man fans look at the result and decide based on that if the manager is a genius or total shite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.