Mancini or Pep era?

Mancini got us going in the right direction but Guardiola got us near to our full potential.

Pep without a doubt. The two seasons playing the best football you will ever see, breaking all the records in the book...no.of points, goals etc. and back to back titles. It will be almost impossible to achieve anything like this ever again.

Mancini for me. His signings have been our team’s spine for almost a decade. Crazy when you think about it. But his tearing down the banner and giving the rags a pasting are unforgettable. Then the Aguerooooo moment. I feel he was massively let down by the club after winning the title. Had we signed RVP, it would have been game over for the rags.

Pep era. We were still the noisy neighbors during Mancini's era. We've become a household name across the world because of what we've won under Pep. The reason we've been in the top 4 best clubs in the world, along with Madrid, Bayern and Liverpool is because of Pep. Maybe it's not evident now, but sooner or later people will realize his insane contribution to raising the profile of this club.

Think the title would read better as heart vs head

Heart will always lean towards bobby, the man is just likable and will always have a special place in many blues hearts.

Head is Pep he has given us the best two seasons we are likely to ever had football and trophy wise.

There is no denying Pep wins on those fronts

However as an old bert I don't use trophies to measure my love of a manager hence why bobby still wins out, and for likability factor I still have Horton above Pep ;-)

Last edited:
Nobody can ever doubt what football we have seen with Pep. The trophies we have won are beyond our wildest dreams. So many trips to the southern etihad. A lot to be grateful for. So, you would think with all that success I would feel closer to the club, but in truth I don’t. Having Pep feels like having a girlfriend on the rebound and she is always telling you about her ex and one true love. It’s not deliberate I know, but whilst the last few seasons have been great, for me there is not the same bond with the manager as with Mancini. He got us and we got him. He kept his promise to tear down that banner. Took on Fergie and beat him, ‘not in my lifetime’. He knew what Derby’s meant to the fans. The way the fans belted out the Mancini song told you everything you need to know. The blue scarf around his neck. I felt connected to the club, it felt like he was on our side, taking on the world. So, for me it is not a Pep or Mancini discussion , no one can argue with Pep’s trophies and the special football we played. But for me Mancini’s time was just special, he was special and I will be for ever grateful to him. The same will be true when it is time for Pep to leave, grateful for everything he has achieved. A lot of great memories, but just not quite the same fondness that I had for Mancini. I am not sure the Aguero moment will ever be bettered.

Mancini said he’d drive the bus down the Mancunian way and tear down that banner and he did! He got us, the fans.
Pep is brilliant but he doesn’t seem to have grasped yet that we don’t want to hear that Barca were a great team, that we are not a big club (we are), that we don’t have ‘istory (we do). He doesn’t get us, the fans, yet. We have to keep chipping away at him until he gets that he is not doing us a favour, he is becoming part of our history and then he will be one of the best managers we have had. :-) JMHO
Love Pep, but the worst thing for me is that as a Catalan, HE more than Bobby or anyone else for that matter, should understand who we are, why we are, and what we stand for, and yet it doesn't seem to be the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.