Mancini or Pep era?

Mancici surely!?

I don't think anything will ever come close to that first title win against QPR. That's the advert for football for me, if I ever am in a situation where I have to try and spark someone's interest in football I'd explain the story of that season and then make them watch that game start to finish.
Heart says Mancini, head says Pep.

Pep’s two title winning sides would beat Mancini’s best team comfortably but the raw emotion of winning fuck all for decades, to finally see a City manager not only stand up to Ferguson but also to beat him, first winning the FA Cup by knocking them out and then to win the league in the most dramatic fashion imaginable, is just too much to look past.

City’s success has been sporadic and has come in drips and drabs mostly, never dominating the league for a decade before. Pep’s time in charge has seen City be the most successful team from 2010-2020 and his records of points and goals, as well as all the other records, will stand for a while.

I think in 20 years we’ll look at them for different reasons. I don’t think Pep is leaving until he’s won the CL though and that could be something that will surpass Mancini’s side.

The memories I have of following City with Mancini as manager I’ll never forget.

The momentum of the club from Sven’s 07/08 season through to winning it in 2012 was probably the most exciting time ever I reckon for us. Yes there were ups and downs but the ground was far better in terms of excitement and atmosphere, I think after 2012 there was a come down and the expectations then meant the fans were never satisfied in the same way.

Mancici surely!?

I don't think anything will ever come close to that first title win against QPR. That's the advert for football for me, if I ever am in a situation where I have to try and spark someone's interest in football I'd explain the story of that season and then make them watch that game start to finish.
Apart from the birth of my kids. Easily the best moment in my life. The problem is it's hard to ever get that Euphoria in football again it is something as City fans we will never ever top.

Was that the same as Liverpool fans after Istanbul as in 'what tops this'?

Mancini Era, and that's no disrepect to Pep or what he's achieved for us.

But the Mancini Era just felt 'special'. We were the City that was defying the odds, defying the critics, spitting in the faces of the football purists (and the Rags). After a youth of relegations and lower league promotions, Mancini achieved things I never thought possible. Pep however delivered what was expected of us by that time.

That for me at least is the main difference and why the Bobby Manc Era will always hold a place in my heart because, whilst i'd always felt proud of being a City fan, he created a team which backed up my claims.

Peps football is something we'll never ever witness again.
The connection with Bobby Manc and fans is possibly bigger than that. Well to me personally it is.

I don't prefer either, they both were here and at our club at the perfect time for each of them. Mancini to start it, and he was the right man to begin the rise, and stand up against the traditional big sides. He did that and will always be a legend for what he achieved and his status with us the fans.

Pep came at the right time to push us into the next level. We'll never see the football we played for a two season block again, and I'm excited to see how this rebuild of Pep's goes.

Pellegrini misses out in these comparisons and he was the right man at the right time as well. His achievements aren't to be glossed over either.

Mancini changed the mentality of the club from second best losers to winners.

For that, his achievements were magnificent and the reason we should never accept second best.

Winners and a wining mentality never accept mediocrity, never accept decline and demand titles, that's the difference of the great clubs.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.