Mancini or Pep era?

Of course the football has been much better under Pep. It’s the best football ever played on these shores imo.

But I grew up watching City home and away and thought we’d never win a trophy. Never humiliate the shite at Old Trafford and certainly never win the league.

Mancini achieved all 3.

He also bought Silva, Aguero and Yaya. And turned Kompany from a decent holding midfielder into the best centre half in the world.

Pep’s a better manager, without any question. But ripping the banner down, standing up to Slurgie, and that Aguero moment will never be bettered by any manager. Impossible.
This all day long.

I didn’t really want this to turn into a comparison of the two managers but I will say Mancini is the man who took us to the next level and broke that barrier and made us believe we belonged there. Without that first fa cup and league who knows where we’d be now

Mancini.

Pep is perfection but who really likes perfection?

Mancini's era had big characters Hart, Richards, Barry, Zaba, Lescott, de Jong, Balotelli, Dzeko who were more relatable to the fans. Players in their position now Ederson, Walker, Rodri, (not Cancelo), Laporte, Fernandinho, Jesus, Sane all technically better but that Mancini set of lads were more fun and going to games was more exciting.

Maybe it was the time of reaching the top that was more exciting rather than staying there but i can talk about so many games and moments in that era than i can in this one.

What a great comparison to discuss though!

I was never a big Pellegrini fan, but when you look at his record of 1 title in 3 compared to Pep’s 2 in 4, with significantly worse players, thene even he deserves more respect; would Guardiola have done more with Navas, Fernando, Javi Garcia, Mangala, Negredo etc? I’m not sure.

Pellegrini never faced this Liverpool side, i think beating them twice to the title is a bigger achievement than Pelegrini winning it with his side who let's not forget despite your Mangala's etc was a very good side.

I understand sentiment comes into things like this, and the Mancini seasons were huge as we experienced things we never thought we would. But Pep is just something else, it felt like we didn't deserve to be at the top before, we were just visiting and lucky, now it feels like we belong there. IMO that's down to Pep and his way of working.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.