Mancini OUT NOW!!!!

GStar said:
I honestly don't think this is solely down to Mancini... seeing him at the fans forum, he's gone up in my estimation. The stuff about him in the press being an egotistical dictator is complete rubbish.

We were overly negative last season, but i can our overall plan being to dominate possession and wear teams down, using players like AJ, Tevez, Silva and Johnson to unlock teams that will generally sit back against us home or away.

Gung Ho football doesn't work, even Wenger has realised that now, he's not won anything for fivev years trying to play all out attacking football. Thats why players like Denilson and Song are getting more game time for Arsenal.

I think our problem is some of the players... Yaya, imo has been disappointing so far. Perhaps he thought coming from Barca this would be a stroll. Hopefully he's finding out he;s got to give more each game to keep his place.

The other two big issues for me are Barry and Milner... both bought from Villa who we're playing above themselves and whilst not actually doing anything ground breaking, were considered to be successful.

Now they're here, they are no longer the big fish, game plans are no longer built around them and a half decent performance is no longer "good enough".

I think they've both struggled to adapt to supporting roles and so far neither have given enough since they've been here.

We still don't look anywhere near as efficient as Chelsea do, they know where each player will be and can pass the ball around as almost second instinct. I think we need to up our work rate if we want to be continually successful too. Too many players walking round the pitch not keeping the shape well enough when we dont have the ball.

Good Post mate, it's switch on time, Blues.

mcfc2607 said:
with the team we have we should be winning EVERY game.

its the tactics whats wrong imo.

even when we win we dont look convincing.

i dont agree in sacking mancini, we would have to start all over again.
but i do think things have to change regarding tactics etc...

No team wins every game mate, even Barcelona.

The problem is obvious, 4 4 2, away from home it's too open in the modern game, we struggled with it against Blackpool until we went 4 5 1 and we were awful yesterday.

We went 4 4 2 because NdJ picked up an injury which forced Mancini to bring in Balo.

I'm certain it won't be happening again, especially away from home. We may see the odd 4 3 3 or 4 4 2 at home, but it won't happen away again.

buzzer1 said:
GStar said:
I honestly don't think this is solely down to Mancini... seeing him at the fans forum, he's gone up in my estimation. The stuff about him in the press being an egotistical dictator is complete rubbish.

We were overly negative last season, but i can our overall plan being to dominate possession and wear teams down, using players like AJ, Tevez, Silva and Johnson to unlock teams that will generally sit back against us home or away.

Gung Ho football doesn't work, even Wenger has realised that now, he's not won anything for fivev years trying to play all out attacking football. Thats why players like Denilson and Song are getting more game time for Arsenal.

I think our problem is some of the players... Yaya, imo has been disappointing so far. Perhaps he thought coming from Barca this would be a stroll. Hopefully he's finding out he;s got to give more each game to keep his place.

The other two big issues for me are Barry and Milner... both bought from Villa who we're playing above themselves and whilst not actually doing anything ground breaking, were considered to be successful.

Now they're here, they are no longer the big fish, game plans are no longer built around them and a half decent performance is no longer "good enough".

I think they've both struggled to adapt to supporting roles and so far neither have given enough since they've been here.

We still don't look anywhere near as efficient as Chelsea do, they know where each player will be and can pass the ball around as almost second instinct. I think we need to up our work rate if we want to be continually successful too. Too many players walking round the pitch not keeping the shape well enough when we dont have the ball.

Good Post mate, it's switch on time, Blues.
Agreed fantastic post that.

aussie blake said:
I really do wonder how many City fans, if they were on truth syrup, would say Mancini is the best person for the job. Personally I think the idea that we shouldn't speak negatively on an internet forum because it may affect the team is bollocks, but many seem to believe it.

I can't blame anyone for reacting negatively given many of the performances that have been dished up this season, fourth or not.

That said, for what it's worth I wouldn't sack him now, even though I've never been more convinced he's the wrong man for City.
I just don't want City to get into the vicious circle of sacking managers and getting nowhere, as we've done to our detriment in the past. Stick with Mancini, let the players gel and allow us to find our best formation. Don't forget we've still got Kolarov to come back, Balotelli to get used to the Premiership and get to 100% match fitness... We're still not quite there, and I think Kolarov is the final piece of the jigsaw. It's obvious that Mancini's formation works on attacking full backs, and having Kolarov on the left and Boateng on the right is what will make this system.

I think it's ridiculous that some people are calling for the manager to be sacked because we have played badly in ONE fucking game.

The loss to Arsenal was just one of those things, down to the early sending off. We were down to ten man after 5 mins against the best passing side in the league, and even then we put up a great fight for most of the game.

Fair enough we were very poor against Wolves and I was gutted, but even after losing two on the bounce we are fourth in the league .... FOURTH!!

I agree with GStar that there are issues with players not performing as well as they should be, and the team as a whole not yet looking like a well oiled machine, but the way we have built a side full of top players in such a short space of time is literally unprecedented.

Ok, it's hard not to get carried away with the optimism of everything that's been happening for the last 2 years, but some posters on here really do need a reality check, and stop having a spoilt tantrum every time we have a tricky patch.

While few decisions were strange, I think people with heart won the match, in the end, this is what was missing, so I would not blame Mancini for this.
One question though, why the players do not want to give 100% for him?

Robert Jordan said:
While few decisions were strange, I think people with heart won the match, in the end, this is what was missing, so I would not blame Mancini for this.
One question though, why the players do not want to give 100% for him?
Chelsea were poor again at Blackburn and Blackburn had a lot more opportunities to score than Wolves did, but missed them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.