Mancini - Out of his depth

fast eddie said:
ono said:
He might have done, but the key players had been at Liverpool for a few years. The bulk of the team at Inter had been together for 3 or 4 years and they had been winning together for 3 or 4 years before Mourinho added Milito, Eto'o, Sneijder and Lucio to the team.

Your argument seems hinged on the fact that he didn't win the CL, which is odd because it's ignoring the fact that he won the league 3 times and the Italian Cup 4 times. Would you not settle for that over the next 4 years at City, or is that not good enough?

It's an "odd" argument when I relay a fact? Mancini has failed in Europe as a Manager despite getting it right in the League?

I bet you £500 that City won't win the Premiership 3 times and either the FA or Carling Cup 4 times within the next 4 years. Are you up for it?
It's not odd that you've relaid a fact, it's just odd that your whole argument hinges on it.

I think you've missed the point. I wasn't asking you for a bet. I was asking if you thought it would be good enough.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:46 pm --<br /><br />
Benarbia said:
Hmmmmm you look a little silly bearing in mind he's only managed in Italy and the league over here is completely different yet he doesn't seem to realise this. Playing the Italian way over here will win nothing
In what way doesn't he realise this? In what way does he play the Italian way? Do you mean he plays like Italian National team play?

ono said:
Glasgow Man City said:
This is Walter Smith's record

A fantastic record, but would you want him as City manager?
No, but the SPL is very different to Serie A. In all my life, i don't think i've ever seen anybody other than Rangers or Celtic finish outside of the top 2. The gap between those two teams and the rest of the league is quite astonishing.

In Italy you have a great number of very good teams (yes even today), and Mancini brought success to a team who hadn't won anything for 15 years.

It's not really comparable.

Hearts finished 2nd about 5 years ago, but that's irrelevant. Serie A is completely different to the EPL just as the SPL is, just because you're good in one doesn't necessarily make you good in the other.

How many top managers can you name who won lots in their home leagues, then managed at a top team in another league and won nothing?

Glasgow Man City said:
ono said:
No, but the SPL is very different to Serie A. In all my life, i don't think i've ever seen anybody other than Rangers or Celtic finish outside of the top 2. The gap between those two teams and the rest of the league is quite astonishing.

In Italy you have a great number of very good teams (yes even today), and Mancini brought success to a team who hadn't won anything for 15 years.

It's not really comparable.

Hearts finished 2nd about 5 years ago, but that's irrelevant. Serie A is completely different to the EPL just as the SPL is, just because you're good in one doesn't necessarily make you good in the other.
No but the alternative would be to hire a manager who has experience of winning the equivalent to what Mancini has, but in England. So what's that...Wenger, Ferguson erm.......Benitez?

ono said:
Glasgow Man City said:
No but the alternative would be to hire a manager who has experience of winning the equivalent to what Mancini has, but in England. So what's that...Wenger, Ferguson erm.......Benitez?

Personal opinion, we should have stuck with Hughes if Jose wasn't available

At the time, I would have agreed with you, but now he's gone I wonder why we ever kept him in the first place. The football was poor, he made huge signings who's sole purpose was to hit the ground running and they didn't and absolutely worst of all, he was tactically inept.

With Mancini, there are a few times where I've thought "why is he making this sub?" This is entirely normal, he's a professional manager and I'm not. It usually resulted in a change of system or something that on later analysis made sense. This isn't just Mancini either, loads of managers make subs that I don't understand at the time but later seem to have a point.

The thing about Hughes though, is that he made changes in a game that made absolutely no sense to anyone in the world apart from him; even after the fact. The guy was absolutely mad.

Haven't read the whole thread but come on now,

Wednesday aside, 2 goals conceded ( one a pen the other a fuck up ) not to mention injuries RM will get there imo

Glasgow Man City said:
ono said:

I do think Hughes probably would have got there in the end, but i think Mancini is better equipped to do so. It's been decent to debate with somebody with the opposite view, but who can also see the opposite view. I guess time will tell anyway. I reckon we're on the right track.

ono said:
Glasgow Man City said:

I do think Hughes probably would have got there in the end, but i think Mancini is better equipped to do so. It's been decent to debate with somebody with the opposite view, but who can also see the opposite view. I guess time will tell anyway. I reckon we're on the right track.

I agree, anyway time to leave for Sunny Manchester and hopefully 3 points.

Come on City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.