Mancini outers

cibaman said:
phil31 said:
. The football was negative at times, but it had to be,due to Hughes's signings.

Dont agree with that bit. The football was negative because the system was a work in progress. Play it well, as we are now, and its possession football played at pace. A joy to behold. Play it slowly, as we often did last year when the system was developing, and it could look turgid with the opposition given plenty of time to get men behind the ball.

We're doing much the same as last year, just faster and better.

Fair enough.

cibaman said:
phil31 said:
. The football was negative at times, but it had to be,due to Hughes's signings.

Dont agree with that bit. The football was negative because the system was a work in progress. Play it well, as we are now, and its possession football played at pace. A joy to behold. Play it slowly, as we often did last year when the system was developing, and it could look turgid with the opposition given plenty of time to get men behind the ball.

Unlike the Italian game, pacey attack is a requirement in the Prem., but I always suspected that Mancini thought that the style that he was used to would win games in England, and that was a mistake.
He inherited a lot of quality players from Hughes, though after a few windows the squad standard is obviously much higher now, so I don't think it is really fair to blame the players when all they were doing, imo, was following orders.

mcfc1632 said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
"Mancini outers"!! Surely that saying doesn't exist. Think that saying finally got the bullet the same time Stoke did at Wembley last May.

Don't think that it has ever existed - OP must be one of those that just feel good about seeing their name up on an internet website

TBF he/she is not alone - loads of silly threads get started on here that make it hard to locate worthwhile threads

Well considering the abuse I got from many a poster on here for backing Mancini I'd say they exist. Ahh well who cares all that matters now is city and fuck me are we good now. Even a bleeding bent as hell ref in the last match couldn't stop us from demolishing a team 3-1.

The Bluemoon isn't rising people its bloody well risen :D

CTID

cibaman said:

I agree in most games we are playing the same stuff just better and more efficiently, wher we have changed is in games like united, we no longer change how we play (well we do - in the champions league, and we need to sort that out).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.