Mancini outers

TheMightyQuinn said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'd say that broadly represents the view of the majority of blues I know, and I know quite a few

Besides, I know 2345 blues and they all agree with me, if you don't believe me you can ask my mum who also agrees with me.

One day, Dave someone will call you a 'top blue' and we can all breathe a fucking sigh of relief.

Pmsl a light has just come on. You talk like a teenager.

I bet you said that last sentence in an Australian questioning intonation.

I should have worked it out from *ahem* well, you know what...<wink>

TO WIN THE PL
Manchester City 10/11
Manchester Utd 13/8
Chelsea 7/1
Arsenal 28/1
Liverpool 33/1
Tottenham 40/1
Aston Villa 1000/1
Everton 1000/1
Newcastle 1000/1
Sunderland 2000/1
QPR 2000/1
Stoke 2000/1
West Brom 2000/1
Fulham 2000/1
Blackburn 2500/1
Wolves 2500/1
Bolton 2500/1
Wigan 3000/1
Norwich City 5000/1
Swansea 5000/1

Can we all not support the club and team without all this na na nana na I told you so stuff..

Its a great time for us now,lets enjoy it..

Didsbury Dave said:
The most important part of his job he's done, which is designing a balanced team who fullfil their potential on the field. The current team is doing that and have been since the cup semi. He deserves huge praise for that and i will be eternally grateful for last weeks win.

He still does things I don't like, like picking kolo in Munich. I also think his people management skills are patchy and he loses his cool under pressure.

But the ends obviously justify the means at the moment -in spades.The season could still collapse of course , but I don't think it will. I've said since the end of last season the title is the target because we are the best team and I am very optimistic that we will win it. Last season I didn't think he had that in him but he's proved me wrong.

Do I still have doubts about him? Yes, if I'm brutally honest, but a lot less than I had 12 months ago. The best thing is that as a manager, the more success you have, the more the weaknesses I perceive become less important. What I mean by that is that the more you win things, the more respect the players have for you, and the more you learn about your team.

This season is the litmus test. So far so good. So far so fucking brilliant in fact . These days as a blue are like living a dream.

I was waiting to see your contribution to this thread.

That however, is an excellent post.

I think threads like this would have significantly less mileage if certain posters could display a little humility and admit they were wrong.

We're all human and we all make wrong calls in life. Fuck me I even thought David White was going to be a world beater at one point and you don't get it much more wrong than that!

As for Mancini the only wobble I had, when doubt briefly crept into my mind, was after the Chelsea away game last season, where I felt, unlike the game at The Emirates, injuries were not an inhibiting factor on the team's style of play.

I'm happy to admit that those brief doubts were ill-founded. I was wrong. I made a mistake.

It's really not that hard.

The trouble is that people confuse legitimate & well-argued criticism with out-and-out negativity and there was plenty of both applied to Hughes & Mancini. I criticised Mancini as did others on here but also said it takes time for managers to build sides, even with virtually unlimited money.

His first job was to shore up the defence and any half-decent manager can do that. Even thick-as-two-short-planks Pearce managed it. You just don't commit men forward and keep little space between your midfield and defenders. Last season I thought we were far too conservative in some games and switched off too early in others, thereby missing a chance to have a crack at the title. We got third place more by Arsenal blowing up in the last dozen games than through our efforts but we didn't blow up so we got it. It was the FA Cup semi when we really started to show what we could do and we really haven't looked back since. It was quite legitimate to ask if Mancini could adapt to the Premiership as many highly rated foreign managers haven't managed it. I think he's answered that criticism pretty convincingly.

Obviously we've managed to combine solid defence with a far more potent attack this season but let's not forget that after 10 games last season, Chelsea were 5 points clear with a +24 goal difference but fell back, only winning 1 of their next 8 games. However Chelsea only picked up one point on the road at the other six of the top seven (and we only picked up one more) whereas we've already got six out of six so far this season. Plus there's the CL but not doing that well this season won't bother me too much as anything beyond the last 16 would be a bonus.

So he's doing pretty much everything right at the minute but the real judgement will involve how we do over 38 games.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The trouble is that people confuse legitimate & well-argued criticism with out-and-out negativity and there was plenty of both applied to Hughes & Mancini. I criticised Mancini as did others on here but also said it takes time for managers to build sides, even with virtually unlimited money.

His first job was to shore up the defence and any half-decent manager can do that. Even thick-as-two-short-planks Pearce managed it. You just don't commit men forward and keep little space between your midfield and defenders. Last season I thought we were far too conservative in some games and switched off too early in others, thereby missing a chance to have a crack at the title. We got third place more by Arsenal blowing up in the last dozen games than through our efforts but we didn't blow up so we got it. It was the FA Cup semi when we really started to show what we could do and we really haven't looked back since. It was quite legitimate to ask if Mancini could adapt to the Premiership as many highly rated foreign managers haven't managed it. I think he's answered that criticism pretty convincingly.

Obviously we've managed to combine solid defence with a far more potent attack this season but let's not forget that after 10 games last season, Chelsea were 5 points clear with a +24 goal difference but fell back, only winning 1 of their next 8 games. However Chelsea only picked up one point on the road at the other six of the top seven (and we only picked up one more) whereas we've already got six out of six so far this season. Plus there's the CL but not doing that well this season won't bother me too much as anything beyond the last 16 would be a bonus.

So he's doing pretty much everything right at the minute but the real judgement will involve how we do over 38 games.

so your basically just waiting for it to go tits up..

bobmcfc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I'm an old-school City fan. We're City and it always goes tits up.

Prestwich_Blue said:
bobmcfc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

you need to have more faith, especially in mancini.

Prestwich_Blue said:
bobmcfc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

You're just like me, PB, still wrestling with the fact that we are City and we are the best team in the land.

Lose the title in a home defeat against United?
Lose a Champions League Semi on penalties?
Chuck the title away on the last day with a last minute goal?

Those days are gone...aren't they?!?!?!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.