Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manchester City close on Pellegrini (merged)

Prestwich_Blue said:
zeven said:
Where does that rumour comes from? that Mancini want to resign everyrthing els point to the contrary.

sounds like a new try from the outers.

Why don't we wait and see what happens after tomorrow?

I'm sure some will be melting their Seasoncards in despair regardless.

Mayor West said:
Pellegrini didn't win the league with Madrid? He got a record total for Real Madrid, only being beaten to the league by a tiny margin by the best side to have ever played the game. Not something you can really use against him. And as for Pellegrini's and Mancini's win percentages and trophy records, Pellegrini would have done just as well if he was appointed when Mancini was. I'n not fussed either way about Mancini staying or going, just pointing out the obvious.
This is just your opinion, do you always see your opinions as facts? for anyone except you its not that obvious

Gaylord du Bois said:
The smart money's saying Bob's post dated his resignation then?
Or have I missed something else.(sorry not up to speed on here today)?

The smart money, if that's what it is, has been saying that for some time.

andyhinch said:
Mayor West said:
Pellegrini didn't win the league with Madrid? He got a record total for Real Madrid, only being beaten to the league by a tiny margin by the best side to have ever played the game. Not something you can really use against him. And as for Pellegrini's and Mancini's win percentages and trophy records, Pellegrini would have done just as well if he was appointed when Mancini was. I'n not fussed either way about Mancini staying or going, just pointing out the obvious.
When you put it like that i'm amazed they sacked him and that the press ridiculed him.

well he only beat FC Zurich and Marseille in the CL, Failed to beat either Lyon or AC Milan, got knocked out in the L16(doing no better than any other previous Real manager despite the fabled CL pedigree), got knocked in the Copa del Rey to nobody's, another competition that if you were that great a manager you would have taken your top 4 team in Malaga or Villarreal to the final and won to prove how good you are, add to 96 points in a league that is only Real or Barca and has only got more like that in the past 5/10 years whilst impressive in the PL it's hardly a ringing endorsement, when push came to shove he lost to Barca twice and lost dropped crucial points away in places like Osasuna, Sporting Gijon and Malaga. Very impressive home record but it was basically identical to Mancini's last season in a tougher league and Mancini actually improved on it by not losing at home, Pellegrini lost to Barca. In the Copa Del Rey they lost 4-1 on aggregate to Alcorcon, sums up why he got ridiculed. That was with Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso, Negredo, Arbeloa, Albiol and Benzema being bought for him at a cost of 259m Euros, and people have a go at Mancini for not getting the most out of big signings.

If Bob resigns then I will wish him luck and welcome the next manager..

I just dont want him pushed..

Spanish Bastards Out Now!

Never trusted them from the start. All they're about is dishonest behind the scenes moves to oust the best manager we've ever had at a time we can fill Baconface's void so they can employ some other Spanish nobody!

Fucking Ridiculous!

Soriano and Berigistan fuck off now.

Prestwich_Blue said:
zeven said:
peoffrey said:
Madrid's highest ever points total in La Liga and signed Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema and Alonso.

I've already said Pellegrini is a sideways step for Mancini and I'm trying to reason or be positive. At the end of the day, Mancini may well have asked to move on so it's almost pointless defending him and singing that fucking song for 90 minutes tomorrow. He'll need to be replaced.
Where does that rumour comes from? that Mancini want to resign everyrthing els point to the contrary.

sounds like a new try from the outers.
Why don't we wait and see what happens after tomorrow?
no serious? any link? or qoutes? i just want to read it myself. because it was only 5 min ago i hears in here. which is even worse than the papers TBF.

If true, i guess you have a double celebration to attend tomorrow if all goes well

kp789 said:
neoblue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Look - he is categorically NOT being sacked. I can assure you of that. But unless something dramatic happens then it looks like he won't be here next season.

Now work it out.
Not rocket science is it.
Mancini is resigning?

I would say so, I said last week that my big fear was mancini will walk. even Manchester city are not stupid enough to sack such a successful manager.
pellegrini taking his place is academic. we are fucked.

the players will be happy mind.

but then not as happy as our rivals.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
andyhinch said:
Mayor West said:
When you put it like that i'm amazed they sacked him and that the press ridiculed him.

well he only beat FC Zurich and Marseille in the CL, Failed to beat either Lyon or AC Milan, got knocked out in the L16(doing no better than any other previous Real manager despite the fabled CL pedigree), got knocked in the Copa del Rey to nobody's, another competition that if you were that great a manager you would have taken your top 4 team in Malaga or Villarreal to the final and won to prove how good you are, add to 96 points in a league that is only Real or Barca and has only got more like that in the past 5/10 years whilst impressive in the PL it's hardly a ringing endorsement, when push came to shove he lost to Barca twice and lost dropped crucial points away in places like Osasuna, Sporting Gijon and Malaga. Very impressive home record but it was basically identical to Mancini's last season in a tougher league and Mancini actually improved on it by not losing at home, Pellegrini lost to Barca. In the Copa Del Rey they lost 4-1 on aggregate to Alcorcon, sums up why he got ridiculed. That was with Ronaldo, Kaka, Alonso, Negredo, Arbeloa, Albiol and Benzema being bought for him at a cost of 259m Euros, and people have a go at Mancini for not getting the most out of big signings.
Nicely put

peoffrey said:
ono said:
Malaga went on a massive recruitment drive a few seasons ago. Their squad is probably in the top 5 in the league, and that's where they finished. And he didn't win the league with Madrid.

I didn't say he won La Liga with Real Madrid. I note you didn't comment I'm presently in bed with Kelly Brook either.

At Malaga he earned a record points total, qualified for the Champions League for the first time ever and actually saw players leave because of the financial difficulties.
Neither did i. I wasn't correcting you.

He might have earned a record points total, but that was to be expected given the signings they made pre season. He spent getting on for £50m.

The season before, he finished 11th but only avoided relegation by 3 points. Granted he took over when they were in the shit, but he hardly pulled up any trees in his first season.

Second season he spends circa £50m on Demechilis, Toulalan, Van Nistlerooy, Nacho Monreal and Santi Cazorla (obviously both at Arsenal) and Joaquin. They still lost 14 times in the league and finished with a GD of +1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.