Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manchester City close on Pellegrini (merged)

The smart money's saying Bob's post dated his resignation then?
Or have I missed something else.(sorry not up to speed on here today)?

Mayor West said:
andyhinch said:
Mayor West said:
Pellegrini didn't win the league with Madrid? He got a record total for Real Madrid, only being beaten to the league by a tiny margin by the best side to have ever played the game. Not something you can really use against him. And as for Pellegrini's and Mancini's win percentages and trophy records, Pellegrini would have done just as well if he was appointed when Mancini was. I'n not fussed either way about Mancini staying or going, just pointing out the obvious.
When you put it like that i'm amazed they sacked him and that the press ridiculed him.

well thats just how madrid operate, think they did the same with del bosque.

And they sacked Capello 11 days after he ended their 4 year La Liga drought because he didn't play exciting enough football. It's a mad club fueled by political agendas, no one really gets a fair go there because someone is always trying to undermine you from one of the various cliques.

Skashion said:
peoffrey said:
I note you haven't addressed the 96 points total yet. Their highest ever and since managed by Mourinho.

That's not correct.

Can I pass that one off as a deliberate mistake? At the time it was their record points total and has now been surpassed by Mourinho. However, it was also achieved with players Pellegrini signed.

Typical City. The Rags get rid of the one constant that has brought them success and we're on about moving on a manager who could well have won us 3 trophies in 3 years. Genius......

zeven said:
peoffrey said:
zeven said:
how much did he won with Madrid? Mancini has proved hes a winner both with and without money,

the money argument is old and flaud. you can do better

Madrid's highest ever points total in La Liga and signed Kaka, Ronaldo, Benzema and Alonso.

I've already said Pellegrini is a sideways step for Mancini and I'm trying to reason or be positive. At the end of the day, Mancini may well have asked to move on so it's almost pointless defending him and singing that fucking song for 90 minutes tomorrow. He'll need to be replaced.
Where does that rumour comes from? that Mancini want to resign everyrthing els point to the contrary.

sounds like a new try from the outers.
Why don't we wait and see what happens after tomorrow?

I've been firmly sat on the fence for a good long while, happy in the knowledge that whoever our manager is next season is going to have an improved squad and all is good.

However, imo, the "inners" have been piss poor in their patronising manner throughout this thread, and the others, over the last few weeks/months and I have to admit that I will find it amusing watching the backtracking from the usual suspects.

Hell, even the last 30/40 pages have been funny.

City 3 Wigan 0

Piece of piss, walk in the park.

Mayor West said:
Davs 19 said:
Mayor West said:
Pellegrini didn't win the league with Madrid? He got a record total for Real Madrid, only being beaten to the league by a tiny margin by the best side to have ever played the game. Not something you can really use against him. And as for Pellegrini's and Mancini's win percentages and trophy records, Pellegrini would have done just as well if he was appointed when Mancini was. I'n not fussed either way about Mancini staying or going, just pointing out the obvious.

No, you're just stating your opinion.

About Pellegrini maybe doing as well as Mancini has, granted, we will never know.

Barca being the best side to have played the game and record points total, no.

It was the first sentence I was commenting on.

Re: Barca, I think most would be in agreement.

zeven said:
And because of a record point total when managing Madrid you think he is a superior manager to Mancini?

How many different records have Mancini broke at city? how many did he broke with Inter?

Who do you think the players want to play for? the manager that brought them in and made the champions? or Pellegrini? how come Chelsea who spent more money than us the lest to transfers being below us? for the second season coming? you seem to think money is everytning but if thats the case Chelsea should be better? can it be that they changes manager 3 times in one year?

Are you deliberately ignoring half of what I'm saying? I've stated that it'll be a sideways step and not a forwards one. Perhaps one City need to take because Mancini is no longer willing to go forwards with the Club?

If Chelsea had stability with the right Manager and eradicated the clique in the dressing room then they'd be Champions. Please try and remember they did win the Champions League last season!

Pablo1 said:
If it makes me childish to think what I do then so be it - but it won't change how I feel about this particular subject. Then that's me being a big supporter of Mancini, it stands to reason that I'll be more aggressive in my posting if I feel he's being undermined, it's a natural reaction and I react to it. Maybe I could take a second to think about what I'm writing but then who wants a diluted outburst!
Those who want him out or are on the fence will obviously have a different mindset and are more likely to post on this thread objectably and a bit more rationally than someone like myself who wants him to stay.
Nothing will stop my joy at wembley if we win tomorrow, if what's being reported is true then I'll just make sure I have a couple of extra jd and cokes to toast a great manager who's helped bring some of the most unforgettable moments I've witnessed in 30 years of being a blue.

The timing of this latest development is unfortunate but it is not something that we can control.

For what it is worth, I wouldn't swap Bobby for Manuel but If Bobby is resigning, MP is a reasonable option but not a stunning one.

Mayor West said:
andyhinch said:
Mayor West said:
When you put it like that i'm amazed they sacked him and that the press ridiculed him.

well thats just how madrid operate, think they did the same with del bosque.
I know theres a lot of truth in that and if he comes I'll be down to Bobby walking, just can't take any pleasure out of some of the glee shown on here, the eve of FA cup final by some. TBH it's pissing me right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.