Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manchester City close on Pellegrini (merged)

Hope the rumours aren't true but it's not looking good. If Bob wants to leave then so be it but Pellegrini would be a sideways step.

peoffrey said:
pudge said:
You don't have to attract players to Real Madrid, also, Benzema took a while to find his feet (post Pellegrini for that matter, coincidence?) and Kaka's form is unrecognisable.

Players still have to be attracted to any Club. They're mercenaries and, boyhood fans aside, will largely go for the best deal anywhere.

I note you haven't addressed the 96 points total yet. Their highest ever and since managed by Mourinho.
I didn't question that, hence why I didn't comment on it

zeven said:
peoffrey said:
I've already said Pellegrini is a sideways step for Mancini and I'm trying to reason or be positive. At the end of the day, Mancini may well have asked to move on so it's almost pointless defending him and singing that fucking song for 90 minutes tomorrow. He'll need to be replaced.

Where does that rumour comes from? that Mancini want to resign everyrthing els point to the contrary.

sounds like a new try from the outers.

It's no rumour. I've got some good sources and it's extremely likely the decision for Mancini to leave is mutual on both sides. I'm no Mancini Outer either. Just someone wanting to support the Club and whoever is here.

Davs 19 said:
Mayor West said:
Pellegrini didn't win the league with Madrid? He got a record total for Real Madrid, only being beaten to the league by a tiny margin by the best side to have ever played the game. Not something you can really use against him. And as for Pellegrini's and Mancini's win percentages and trophy records, Pellegrini would have done just as well if he was appointed when Mancini was. I'n not fussed either way about Mancini staying or going, just pointing out the obvious.

No, you're just stating your opinion.

About Pellegrini maybe doing as well as Mancini has, granted, we will never know.

Barca being the best side to have played the game and record points total, no.

Mayor West said:
And as for Pellegrini's and Mancini's win percentages and trophy records, Pellegrini would have done just as well if he was appointed when Mancini was.

Pellegrini's win % is hampered by being at top clubs for a lesser amount of time... but context is a dirty word in this thread where everything has to be one extreme or the other. Pellegrini's Real Madrid win % was 75%, the highest of any permanent Real Madrid manager in history (2.5% higher than Mourinho). That is his one year in a top job. But as someone said he was up against the greatest club side in history at their very peak.

pudge said:
peoffrey said:
Players still have to be attracted to any Club. They're mercenaries and, boyhood fans aside, will largely go for the best deal anywhere.

I note you haven't addressed the 96 points total yet. Their highest ever and since managed by Mourinho.

I didn't question that, hence why I didn't comment on it

But simply claimed everything else was flattering to Pellegrini? I'm seeing good things and bad things from the potential new Manager. Like many appointments really.

Mayor West said:
Pellegrini didn't win the league with Madrid? He got a record total for Real Madrid, only being beaten to the league by a tiny margin by the best side to have ever played the game. Not something you can really use against him. And as for Pellegrini's and Mancini's win percentages and trophy records, Pellegrini would have done just as well if he was appointed when Mancini was. I'n not fussed either way about Mancini staying or going, just pointing out the obvious.
When you put it like that i'm amazed they sacked him and that the press ridiculed him.

peoffrey said:
ono said:
Malaga went on a massive recruitment drive a few seasons ago. Their squad is probably in the top 5 in the league, and that's where they finished. And he didn't win the league with Madrid.

I didn't say he won La Liga with Real Madrid. I note you didn't comment I'm presently in bed with Kelly Brook either.

At Malaga he earned a record points total, qualified for the Champions League for the first time ever and actually saw players leave because of the financial difficulties.
And because of a record point total when managing Madrid you think he is a superior manager to Mancini?

How many different records have Mancini broke at city? how many did he broke with Inter?

Who do you think the players want to play for? the manager that brought them in and made the champions? or Pellegrini? how come Chelsea who spent more money than us the lest to transfers being below us? for the second season coming? you seem to think money is everytning but if thats the case Chelsea should be better? can it be that they changes manager 3 times in one year?

andyhinch said:
Mayor West said:
When you put it like that i'm amazed they sacked him and that the press ridiculed him.

well thats just how madrid operate, think they did the same with del bosque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.