Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manchester City close on Pellegrini (merged)

BlueCityfan said:
zeven said:
Ray78 said:
Regardless of what he has achieved at City and what we fans think of him , his criticism of Marwood at the start of this season hasn't helped one bit.
He gog replaced didnt he?

Ironically, the replacement seems the most likely to be behind his probable sacking.
Im in the minority that dont believe the rumours, but if, yeah it would be what we call karma.

Why would bobby resign? I really think with the scum getting a new manager we should stick with ours, we dont want to both be starting from scratch.
We are fast becoming another fucking chelsea if this is the case, fuck that. We won the FA cup, we won the prem and tomorrow we could win the FA cup again. We cannot and wont win the league every year so what happens next time we dont win it, another new manager?

Balti said:
LoveCity said:
BlueCityfan said:
Funny thing is that on the rival forums they seem a bit gutted and think this is a brilliant appointment for city. Yet here...people treat Mancini like a god.

I've been saying this. I am really upset that Mancini is going (genuinely) but Pellegrini is being seriously disrespected on here and I've been defending him for weeks. As we've seen with Pep, Rijkaard, Wenger, Conte, and others, the previous trophy count isn't the whole story. Sometimes the manager just needs the platform to win said trophies as those four did. Pellegrini is adored in Spain and many Real Madrid fans to this day say Mourinho should never have replaced him. I've been looking at the reactions of rival clubs and many of them are in a "Shit... Pellegrini is good" state of mind. I think he'll do a good job here, people should give him a chance if this decision is made.

If Bobby was to resign then fair enough. Although this geezer would appear to be pretty low down on any list. A sort of moyes if you will.

If Bobby is sacked then whoever replaces him is in for a hard time from the supporters. If you doubt that then just listen to the Mancini chants tomorrow which will be even louder than usual than they are sang at every other game.

I hope and trust that this is all mischievous rag bollox on the eve of another big day for City.

Agree with that.

He isn't the obvious upgrade. He isn't a Klopp, or a Mourinho.

The new manager will be in for a hard time from a lot of support, but it's not his fault. I always think one of the reasons I was never completely behind Hughes was because I never wanted Sven to go. Mancini is so popular, that a lot of fans will struggle to come to terms with this; never easier for a new man to come into that kind of environment.

Atmosphere will be turned up a few notches tomorrow, and I can't wait. The Mancini chants will be all game, and, to be fair, deservedly so. Regardless of my questioning of him on this thread, he has done well for us, and does deserve a good 'send off' if he is going.

BlueCityfan said:
Funny thing is that on the rival forums they seem a bit gutted and think this is a brilliant appointment for city. Yet here...people treat Mancini like a god.

It ain't about him being a god.Some of the football we played in the early part of last year was out of this world,we broke all kinds of records and won the league.This year has been a letdown compared to it but I would have taken a cup and 2nd in the league at the start of the season.Slightly disappointed about the CL but shit happens.He deserves another season at least no matter whose name was being bandied about.
We could easily come out next year and blow teams apart with Mancini at the helm.

ferguson resigns and we appoint some fucking no mark as well

Typical City if there is any truth in this :-(

BlueCityfan said:

Its a brilliant appointment? they think that so they can weaken us. Get a grip man.
As a third person/ rival fan Id be happy, but who knows Mancini says goodbye and we get the best available....which is a worry

Read that Chelsea fans review. Apparently this guy doesn't rotate much but uses a core of 14-15 players. That's what Barca do and that's what it would seem the two Spanish guys see as the blueprint. And we know from previous weeks that's what they are aiming for. A smaller squad with performance related pay.

Balti said:
ferguson resigns and we appoint some fucking no mark as well

Typical City if there is any truth in this :-(

Stole my thought there, mate.

FWIW, I don't buy this as a done deal. I am in finance, which has immense similarities to betting, and crazy "insider" buys in the markets mean nothing just about as often as they mean what people think they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.