Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

We need to stick with RM.

2nd in league, 2nd in cup....thats alright.

i just wish he would stop blaming everything on the transfer market during the summer....I mean, who made those buys in teh first place RM? Oh yes, thats right you.

In RM we trust

yatesy94 said:
Warning - Pissed off City fan who attended the game today, sat in the Gods.

No questions time to go Roberto. Still can't believe some fans still want him here all in the name of "stability". Fuck me people need to open their eyes. The football we have been playing the past year or so has been overly-cautious and stagnant it's unacceptable considering quality of players we have at this club, and today to go out in a prestigious cup final and get utterly torn apart by a relegated threatened side speaks volumes. Personally, I feel the squad would benefit from a bit of change. We've been found out numerous occasions this year and Mancini's tactics have been baffling to say the least (Tevez off for Rodwell?) and our owners/fans deserve better.

Pellegrini in please for the time being as a stopgap and then in Klopp or Pep if he fancies the challenge 3 or 4 years down the line as a potential long-term replacement.

solid commentary!

gelly said:
Mad_fer_it said:
BlueAnorak said:
So whether Mancini is going or not, Txiki has a lot to f*cking answer for his indiscretion. Rank amateurism in it's purest form that has a lot to do with our defeat. This leak clearly upset the team's preparation as they clearly had a problem being motivated for today's game - normally a sign that a team is not happy about what is going ion behind the scenes.

100% agree with this. Couldn't have put it better myself. All credit Wigan today. They gave us a good game at our place and they took their chance today but, let's be honest here. Those two Spanish jokers in my view are largely at fault for the dismal performance & result today. Their utter incompetency has lead to a media leak which absolutely crippled morale today. I'm not on the inside at city but as a strength and conditioning coach I know how much an affect this sort of shit can have on players/athletes. Hell it even had an affect on me! The last place I was at, I thought my job was in jeopardy within minutes of learning I had a new boss. And guess what, when everyone learned of this scenario, guess what happened to our athletes??...they fucking bombed. Performances absolutely plummeted. And oh yeah I fucking bombed too! Like I had lost all my abilities to coach, likewise with our medical staff. Everyone at the club was a mess. This kind of shit levels your team. It's basic sport psychology! Magnify this by a millions times and you get the situation we had today at Wembley. It filters down to everyone at the club, even right down to the fucking cleaners. It's a horrible situation to be in. Mancini wakes up and knows he's out of a job but has to lead a team to victory? How the fuck does anyone motivate themselves for that?! Why would you give a fuck, how do you concentrate and remain focussed? If you're manager ain't with it, neither are your players and fine margins mean a lot in this sport and at this level. Wigan were united and bang up for this. They wanted it more, whilst ours weren't even mentally in this world. Most our players and back room staff were thinking whether that had a job on Monday morning. Psychology is everything come game day. And we committed a cardinal sin on this front. I will struggle to forgive to 2 idiots for this sheer incompetancy today. They lost us a major trophy by effectively obliterating morale. It's disgusting and disgraceful. I will carry on supporting city and Pellegrini has my full backing as non of this is his fault but those 2 morons have a long way to go to gain my forgiveness. Dispicable actions by them. Honestly, we need to change the way this club is run.
I completely agree its disgusting what was allowed to happen. Also when Mancini won the league he should have been allowed more control and full signings of whom he wanted. Instead he was undermined with these guys. In England the manager must have full control for the club to be successful. New Barca is not going to work in England.
We don't know whether there's truth in the story and if there was a leak, where it came from

gelly said:
I completely agree its disgusting what was allowed to happen. Also when Mancini won the league he should have been allowed more control and full signings of whom he wanted. Instead he was undermined with these guys. In England the manager must have full control for the club to be successful. New Barca is not going to work in England.

'These guys' weren't appointed until after the transfers were made you fool.

Ferran Soriano was appointed Aug 17, 2012, whilst Txiki on Oct 27, 2012.

Hughes's sacking although just was done abysmally to the point where we all knew before going to the Sunderland game he was getting sacked after it. Mancini says in his post match interview 'we will see in the next 2 weeks if its true' a manager should never be forced into a statement like that. That's two sets off people in charge making us look like fools and therefore making it open season for the press to take pot shots on a range of subjects.

gelly said:

Mancini basically single-handedly had Marwood replaced. Marwood was responsible for the summer signings. Let's not just make shit up, now.

-Mancini only initially blamed Marwood for the delayed signings, and them not having time to gel with the rest of the team. Then later changed it to "we needed better signings"
-Mancini hand picked several of the signings, including Garcia, Rodwell, Maicon.
-Mancini was never going to get all the top targets, as FFP would prohibit it.
-Mancini forced the club to keep Balotelli, amidst a 40M pound offer from PSG. Any wonder we didn't have the money to buy everyone he wanted?

Txiki has had his job during the January transfer period, and you'd be hard pressed to criticize him for making the obviously-necessary Balotelli sale whilst not making silly January signings like Dzeko, Torres, Carrol, etc.

Dethred said:
gelly said:

Mancini basically single-handedly had Marwood replaced. Marwood was responsible for the summer signings. Let's not just make shit up, now.

-Mancini only initially blamed Marwood for the delayed signings, and them not having time to gel with the rest of the team. Then later changed it to "we needed better signings"
-Mancini hand picked several of the signings, including Garcia, Rodwell, Maicon.
-Mancini forced the club to keep Balotelli, amidst a 40M pound offer from PSG. Any wonder we didn't have the money to buy everyone he wanted?

Txiki has had his job during the January transfer period, and you'd be hard pressed to criticize him for making the obviously-necessary Balotelli sale whilst not making silly January signings like Dzeko, Torres, Carrol, etc.

Nice post.

gmckennasell said:
Mad_fer_it said:
BlueAnorak said:
So whether Mancini is going or not, Txiki has a lot to f*cking answer for his indiscretion. Rank amateurism in it's purest form that has a lot to do with our defeat. This leak clearly upset the team's preparation as they clearly had a problem being motivated for today's game - normally a sign that a team is not happy about what is going ion behind the scenes.

100% agree with this. Couldn't have put it better myself. All credit Wigan today. They gave us a good game at our place and they took their chance today but, let's be honest here. Those two Spanish jokers in my view are largely at fault for the dismal performance & result today. Their utter incompetency has lead to a media leak which absolutely crippled morale today. I'm not on the inside at city but as a strength and conditioning coach I know how much an affect this sort of shit can have on players/athletes. Hell it even had an affect on me! The last place I was at, I thought my job was in jeopardy within minutes of learning I had a new boss. And guess what, when everyone learned of this scenario, guess what happened to our athletes??...they fucking bombed. Performances absolutely plummeted. And oh yeah I fucking bombed too! Like I had lost all my abilities to coach, likewise with our medical staff. Everyone at the club was a mess. This kind of shit levels your team. It's basic sport psychology! Magnify this by a millions times and you get the situation we had today at Wembley. It filters down to everyone at the club, even right down to the fucking cleaners. It's a horrible situation to be in. Mancini wakes up and knows he's out of a job but has to lead a team to victory? How the fuck does anyone motivate themselves for that?! Why would you give a fuck, how do you concentrate and remain focussed? If you're manager ain't with it, neither are your players and fine margins mean a lot in this sport and at this level. Wigan were united and bang up for this. They wanted it more, whilst ours weren't even mentally in this world. Most our players and back room staff were thinking whether that had a job on Monday morning. Psychology is everything come game day. And we committed a cardinal sin on this front. I will struggle to forgive to 2 idiots for this sheer incompetancy today. They lost us a major trophy by effectively obliterating morale. It's disgusting and disgraceful. I will carry on supporting city and Pellegrini has my full backing as non of this is his fault but those 2 morons have a long way to go to gain my forgiveness. Dispicable actions by them. Honestly, we need to change the way this club is run.

100% agree , the two ex Barcelona tossers have done nothing since they joined the club , they haven't backed mancini once in the press , and they are 100% responsible for the media frenzy to get mancini sacked , they can both go and fuck off back to spain , bring back cook , at least he fucking showed a bit of passion for our club .

when it's your father's club then start insulting "they can both fuck off" just come out clear those 2 are appointed by the owner of the club not you

only a scumbag and a deluded will blame whatever else but not the performance and the tactic against A strugling Wigan team (without even their best 11) who played the same 2 week ago but weren't lucky to score !

get real

Dethred said:
gelly said:

What I'd like to know is just how long the CM wishlist was for Garcia to make it on there...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.