Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

Marvin said:
Eccles Blue said:
What we need is some professional Public Relations people in who can stop this sort of thing escalating. Mancini is right in saying that they should have put a stop to the speculation one way or another.

Get a new PR team sorted out ASAP.
City get the Worst press in the country

I believe that is down to the fact that we are man Utd's rivals and nothing else.

But if the press are right about Pellegrini, then what can we say? Deny it, and then appoint him?
There's a very simple official statement for dealing with the media over this type of thing and it goes something like "We never comment on internal matters."

BlueAnorak said:
Project said:
You know, I feel some of you are losing the plot a little.

People are upset about yesterday. I understand that. We lost a cup final. But the way in which we are looking for people to blame and in particular, rounding on Ferran and Txiki is quite frankly bizarre. Take a step back and a deep breath and think about what the fuck some of you are saying.

I think you need to look at the J. Arthur RANK production that has just unfolded and see how shambolic it truly is. It really is on a par with the very worst that Swales and Lee achieved during the dark days. Cups for cock ups is alive and well.

Project said:
It is quite clear that the decision was taken some time ago to replace Mancini with Pellegrini. Now, how do you handle this? Do you try to sow up the deal in the background before informing people so as to not distract on the teams performances? Or do you tell the press every step of the way during negotiations? It seems like most of you think it should be the latter. Crazy
You certainly don't behave like Txiki "The Underminer".
There are more than the two options as well. I will direct you to the books "The Prince" and "The Art of War" for a whole range of options. Then there is telling the employee the truth immediately - normally the best call.

Project said:
What exactly were you expecting after the news reports broke? For Ferran to come out and say actually yes, we are looking for a new manager and Mancini is gone? The day of the Cup final? Really? These guys are professional.
I've seen more professionalism from Swales and Lee in the dark days. It should NEVER have come out in the first place.

Project said:
They believe there are better managerial options and have gone about securing one of those options, without feeling the need to brief the press.
They should have sorted it out months ago. Hey, they could probably have got Mancini onside. The one thing you don't do is FUCK YOUR TEAMS CHANCES OF WINNING TA TROPHY - The psychophysical impact of the leaks on the team and manager must have been immense.

Project said:
There is also this view that the hierarchy should have waited until the season was done before negotiating with another manager. As if by doing so was somehow not classy. Firstly, get real - this is how the world works. Secondly, I assume these are the same people who ranted at Marwood for not getting the transfer business concluded earlier enough last season.
It maybe is how the world works but you don't do it in a way that makes your business look like a COMPLETE SET OF AMATEURS.

Project said:
Yesterday wasn't a great day, but we will move on. Surely after everything Khaldoon has done that has been right he can be afforded a degree of trust. We are a club that is in great hands. Yet the flapping on here has been unbelievable.
What we are witnessing in the press and Twitter today will be long forgotten, much like Hughes was.

I used to think that Khaldoon was the best thing to ever happen to City but he really took his eye of the ball this time. Look back on the time line since February:

Zero public support for the manager. (If you are going to back stab him at least support him till the knife is ready).
Making it clear to many players that they are no longer in the clubs plans (rummours posted on here).
Meeting with Pellegrini in public BEFORE A MAJOR CUP FINAL.
Doing nothing to deny it.
Let's be honest they've made a right Ronald of stabbing the manager in the back. It's pure Cocks for cock ups - straight from the City history books.
My instinct is to immediately defend MCFC, but I'm struggling to do

Only thing I can say is that if we wanted Pellegrini months back, then how could we appoint him there and then. The process would be unavoidably lengthy and messy

Marvin said:
BlueAnorak said:
Project said:
You know, I feel some of you are losing the plot a little.

People are upset about yesterday. I understand that. We lost a cup final. But the way in which we are looking for people to blame and in particular, rounding on Ferran and Txiki is quite frankly bizarre. Take a step back and a deep breath and think about what the fuck some of you are saying.

I think you need to look at the J. Arthur RANK production that has just unfolded and see how shambolic it truly is. It really is on a par with the very worst that Swales and Lee achieved during the dark days. Cups for cock ups is alive and well.

Project said:
It is quite clear that the decision was taken some time ago to replace Mancini with Pellegrini. Now, how do you handle this? Do you try to sow up the deal in the background before informing people so as to not distract on the teams performances? Or do you tell the press every step of the way during negotiations? It seems like most of you think it should be the latter. Crazy
You certainly don't behave like Txiki "The Underminer".
There are more than the two options as well. I will direct you to the books "The Prince" and "The Art of War" for a whole range of options. Then there is telling the employee the truth immediately - normally the best call.

Project said:
What exactly were you expecting after the news reports broke? For Ferran to come out and say actually yes, we are looking for a new manager and Mancini is gone? The day of the Cup final? Really? These guys are professional.
I've seen more professionalism from Swales and Lee in the dark days. It should NEVER have come out in the first place.

Project said:
They believe there are better managerial options and have gone about securing one of those options, without feeling the need to brief the press.
They should have sorted it out months ago. Hey, they could probably have got Mancini onside. The one thing you don't do is FUCK YOUR TEAMS CHANCES OF WINNING TA TROPHY - The psychophysical impact of the leaks on the team and manager must have been immense.

Project said:
There is also this view that the hierarchy should have waited until the season was done before negotiating with another manager. As if by doing so was somehow not classy. Firstly, get real - this is how the world works. Secondly, I assume these are the same people who ranted at Marwood for not getting the transfer business concluded earlier enough last season.
It maybe is how the world works but you don't do it in a way that makes your business look like a COMPLETE SET OF AMATEURS.

Project said:
Yesterday wasn't a great day, but we will move on. Surely after everything Khaldoon has done that has been right he can be afforded a degree of trust. We are a club that is in great hands. Yet the flapping on here has been unbelievable.
What we are witnessing in the press and Twitter today will be long forgotten, much like Hughes was.

I used to think that Khaldoon was the best thing to ever happen to City but he really took his eye of the ball this time. Look back on the time line since February:

Zero public support for the manager. (If you are going to back stab him at least support him till the knife is ready).
Making it clear to many players that they are no longer in the clubs plans (rummours posted on here).
Meeting with Pellegrini in public BEFORE A MAJOR CUP FINAL.
Doing nothing to deny it.
Let's be honest they've made a right Ronald of stabbing the manager in the back. It's pure Cocks for cock ups - straight from the City history books.
My instinct is to immediately defend MCFC, but I'm struggling to do

Only thing I can say is that if we wanted Pellegrini months back, then how could we appoint him there and then. The process would be unavoidably lengthy and messy

We shouldn't be afraid of criticising Khaldoon etc if he drops the ball. Just because our owners are rich have given us more than we could have dreamed of doesn't make them infallible.

Our owners not Mancini delivered the recent success and i will trust them to deliver more. Obviously Mancini has been a large part of it however it was the owners financial support which delivered us the players which have moved us into a different league. If they no longer have trust in Mancini (which they do not) then it is their prerogative to change mangers. I support the club not a manager and given the recent success i am more than happy to fully support our owners!

Would love the club to come out and and just say to the press Fuck Off.

Write it on the home page:

FUCK OFF

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.