Mancini/Pellegrini rumours (10/05/13) (cont)

cleavers said:
Didsbury Dave said:
There were a lot more rumours from a.lot more sources than just that lunch. It is regrettable that they were spotted but at the time it only caused a ripple in the press. But shit happens. Mancini had accepted our job before Hughes had been sacked. I didn't think that was immoral at the time, even though we had exactly the same hand-wringing from fans then. Mancini lives by the sword and he does by the sword.

City fans carping about the 'way this has been done' is the same carping you get when you dump your girlfriend as a teenager. 'Why did you have to do it by telephone?' 'Why just before my birthday?' It doesn't fucking matter how it was done, that's just a red herring to the real issue.

Mancini's bitching about the board and Marwood, and making disrespectful comments about txiki and soriano, has come back to bite him in the arse.

'I don't answer to them. Only khaldoon' he smirked in the middle of one of his recent 'its not my fault' interviews.

Well it looks like txiki got the last laugh,
Whatever the ins and outs of who met who, and when, and no matter individual opinions on mancini or pellegrini, do you really think that all this happening in the 36 hours before the FA Cup final, our biggest game of the season, has been good business by the club ?

It hasn't, it may not have cost us the cup yesterday, a poor performance did, but was it poor because of the speculation ? It surely didn't help, and it had a negative effect on the fans for sure, when there are thousands chanting "stick your pellegrini up your arse" on the way into a cup final, then something is clearly not right. As fans we struggled to lift the team as a result.

For me the club has had a very poor 48 hours, and even now the silence isn't doing any good.

Further more, you can now bet your life that mancini will take the club for every penny he can get, whereas he might have been willing to trade had it been done well. He will certainly be gone in the next two weeks now, so lets hope that the deal with pellegrini is water tight, because if he now pulls out, we are going to look pretty stupid, rumours of barca sticking their nose in, could yet change things, as if I was a spaniard and had the choice I wouldn't pick Manchester for any money.

I know what your saying, but Pellegrini is from Chilie.

strongbowholic said:
As an Inner, I've conceded defeat. The King is dead, long live the King as they say.

I hope Pelligrini will take us forward and he will get my full support. I will not behave as churlishly as some did when Hughes went and Mancini came in.

Thanks for all you've done for us Bob, will always be a legend in my eyes and will no doubt win trophies for whoever he manages. Good luck Mancio.
I think most of us feel that way mate

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Marvin said:
Do we have a new manager then, or are FCB still in the hunt?

How can we accept a report that City have a verbal assurance? All seems very tenuous to me.

The tone of this thread is one of a done deal. Not sure that's the case

Due to Barca inquiring about Pellegrini's intentions, it has forced Txiki & Soriano to put a contract on the table.

In principle a deal has been agreed but not yet signed according to reports.

Pellegrini has apparently stated though that if he does come then Isco will also arrive along with him
An absolutely ridiculous situation for the recent Premiership Champions to find themselves in.

Well put RM in the picture then, and get it signed before FCB get their man

Didsbury Dave said:
BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
There were a lot more rumours from a.lot more sources than just that lunch. It is regrettable that they were spotted but at the time it only caused a ripple in the press. But shit happens. Mancini had accepted our job before Hughes had been sacked. I didn't think that was immoral at the time, even though we had exactly the same hand-wringing from fans then. Mancini lives by the sword and he does by the sword.

City fans carping about the 'way this has been done' is the same carping you get when you dump your girlfriend as a teenager. 'Why did you have to do it by telephone?' 'Why just before my birthday?' It doesn't fucking matter how it was done, that's just a red herring to the real issue.

Mancini's bitching about the board and Marwood, and making disrespectful comments about txiki and soriano, has come back to bite him in the arse.

'I don't answer to them. Only khaldoon' he smirked in the middle of one of his recent 'its not my fault' interviews.

Well it looks like txiki got the last laugh,

Yes very regrettable Txiki was caught in flagrante delicto as it were. And I have no problem with Pellegrini accepting the job. He doesn't give a shit about Mancini just as Mancini didn't give a shit about Hughes or the 1001 examples of managers shitting on each other. Who cares. No one.

I do care when we handle things badly. I cared when we made a total balls up of Hughes last day even if I di want the idiot gone with a passion and we made a balls up yesterday. Mancini was never the guy for them and I am fine with that. Its politics. They wanted there own man. But Ferran and Txiki wanted their man so badly from the off that they overcooked it and it made us look like amateurs. That annoys me.

I can see that the fact that the rumour went nuclear on Friday night/Saturday morning was not ideal. But that was just the way it happened. I don't blame city for that. It was sources in Malaga who let the cat out of the bag repeatedly. In fact a Chilean source was the first to say a verbal agreement had been reached in feb. probably some friend of the family or whatever.

Not ideal? Bit of an understatement with the world and his dog tuning in to watch. Its simple. You blame the people involved because someone who was part of, or was privy to, the negotiations told the Spanish press and we didn't lock it down to ensure all parties would not be leaking any or part of this deal to the press. Clearly we were not in full control of the negotiations and for that I blame City be it Ferran, Txiki or whoever.

Anyway its done and lets hope we make a clean and quick break with Mancini. It will be best for all if we do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.