Mancini tactical genius

I've been very critical recently of Mancini's demeanor and performance, but today was a huge success not only for the players and the club, but also for Mancio. He outwitted AVB tactically in the second half, and was able to get a really good response from the players, especially in the second half. Maybe this big win will settle him (and the players) down a bit, and give all of them a boost in confidence, as I thought Spurs deserved credit for taking it to us at the Etihad and playing pretty well on the road against our champions.

Special kudos to Pablo and Adebayor, who waged a fascinating battle, and with a long injury layoff, Merlin looked like his old self. Maybe this injury will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Finally, any talk of pushing Dzeko out the door is ludicrous; if a striker must go, it has to be Mario, unfortunately. I really think that we should forget about another striker and should invest any transfer kitty funds in a box-to-box midfielder who has pace and power (£££). Victor Wanyama looked pretty good against Barca, did he not?!

Blue Heaven said:
I've been very critical recently of Mancini's demeanor and performance, but today was a huge success not only for the players and the club, but also for Mancio. He outwitted AVB tactically in the second half, and was able to get a really good response from the players, especially in the second half. Maybe this big win will settle him (and the players) down a bit, and give all of them a boost in confidence, as I thought Spurs deserved credit for taking it to us at the Etihad and playing pretty well on the road against our champions.

Special kudos to Pablo and Adebayor, who waged a fascinating battle, and with a long injury layoff, Merlin looked like his old self. Maybe this injury will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Finally, any talk of pushing Dzeko out the door is ludicrous; if a striker must go, it has to be Mario, unfortunately. I really think that we should forget about another striker and should invest any transfer kitty funds in a box-to-box midfielder who has pace and power (£££). Victor Wanyama looked pretty good against Barca, did he not?!

You sir, stick to football manager!

Neah I'm not buying it..

Never about tactics, we won today because we have the best team, a host of world class players and some individual brilliance efforts

It ain't broken don't fix it

Edit; Ohh btw that Maicon bloke is shit

blueshortshorts said:
been watching football for 40 years, but what Mancini did today was, for me, one of the most disticntive displays of managers tactics changing the whole flow of the game.

I was getting frustrated with us playing through the middle, and it not coming off for us, and was, like a lot of people around me, hoping for the obvious sinclair/dzecko switch..i.e chuck on a winger and sling crosses into the big fellah.

Mancini confused me by playing instead with 4 fullbacks (maicon/zaba/clichy and kolarov)..but it created a vacuum in the middle of the park, which allowed Silva and Yaya to play.

I didn't even appreciate what he'd done until I was driving home and reflecting on it..i must admit i thought the space in the center of the park in the last 20 mins was due to the game getting stretched naturally..but it was Mancini who made that happen...leaving it up to the players to exploit it.

credit where it is due..Mancini changed the game, and the players did their job.

I love this new CIty!!!

Also due to Spurs having no bottle/ talent/ manager to flood players into the space & take over the game.

xzbit04 said:
Good write up by Robbie Savage

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20283309?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/2 ... um=twitter</a>

Unfortunately I would have to disagree with Mr.Savage on this piece.Think Ajax away !!

Clearly Mancini has not tried anything as outlandish as that in his time with City and, for all the criticism he has been getting, he has not actually played anybody out of position.

It's one of the few things that ever impresses me about managers. Yer see so many examples of subs coming up trumps - often the team we were currently playing, and I'd often think, why we couldn't have a manager with the tactical nous to see what was going wrong, pick the right bench, and then send on the solution.

Yesterday with Maicon and Dzeko, Mancini worked the miracle. Fantastic.

Haven't watched MotD but did he get any credit for the switch?

It just showed how gutsy a manager Mancini is. If that change hadnt worked, if Bale had terrorised Maicon and we'd conceded more goals, the press would be having a field day today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.