Mancini wants to sign another 3 or 4 players

Mad 4 It said:
If we are looking for an upgrade to Barry then it would have to be Javi Martinez, great defensively but can also play as ACMF. If fact he could replace Barry or even cover for De Jong. He's young and going to become one of the best!

Would be a fantastic signing, but... I doubt he is attainable.

bluemoonmatt said:
I am sick to death of Lescott getting slagged off, all due to a slow start. He was fantastic for the second half of last season. Give the guy a break.

I agree.

In no rush to dump Lescott. Every CB makes mistakes that are magnified due to the concequences of these. Even Vinnie made them (shocking second half at Everton).

If Lescott continues to play as he did at the end of last season, he'll be one of the very best CB's in the league this season. He is not equipped with great finesse when it comes to ball-control though, but I can live with that and I'm sure Mancini knows how to make him an even better player.

mancityscot said:
BlueJill said:
Vienna_70 said:
Why do so many people think Lescott is not good enough for us?

Kolo will not be out half the season; he is eligible to play again in early September.

Kolo can train in September. He won't be match fit until Mid-October at the earliest. Then he is gone for all of February with the African Cup.

In my opinion Lescott is not good enough to be on a CL winning side. That is where I think we are going. The Lescott/Kompany combination looked good partly because Joe Hart was behind it and Nigel De Jong was in front of it.

I think he will play a big role this year and then spend a year as a back up and then will be gone.

I'm sure lescott will thank you for determining his future for him

I am not determining it. His age and level of talent is.

-- Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:54 pm --

Etchy said:
he has a strong partnership with kompany

you are basing this on 4 months of play?<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:55 pm --<br /><br />
worthy blue said:
BlueJill said:
Bluearmy said:
Im with you, why do we need another centre half...

Saying we have six is being generous:

Kompany
Savic
Boyata
Lescott
Ned
Kolo

Kolo will be out half the season and likely won't be back next year.

Ned is likely to be sold.

Lescott is not good enough for where we are going so if there is a young star available I can see Bobby grabbing Lescott's replacement now. If he does buy someone like Coates I see Boyata going out on loan to a PL club to get regular playing time leaving us a year from now with:

Kompany
Savic
Boyata
Coates

as our starting CB rotation (Also known as the best CB rotation in the PL)

With Lescott as a backup

My guess is we get four more:

Aguero
Sneijder/Nasri
Backup Keeper
CB or another technical player (Mata, Pastore please)

what about richards?

He is our first team RB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.