Mancini: We will need 24 good players next season

Chairman Wesker said:
24 good players including ones we already have he is correct. i hardly think he is saying we need to sign 24 more players to be succesful

no one ever really interpreted that we needed to buy 24 new players lol

de niro said:
I trust our club totally, the gamesmanship they are playing with the media is brilliant, let's wait and see in august when yet again the club will astound us with it's transfer dealings.

Yes.

You know that Mancini, Khaldoon, and Cook are all on the same page.

Khaldoon is doing the political dance for FFP.

de niro said:
I trust our club totally, the gamesmanship they are playing with the media is brilliant, let's wait and see in august when yet again the club will astound us with it's transfer dealings.

This. Odd to have so much faith in City management, not like we're short of examples of why not to be.

Mancini knows what we need for the squad. I've little doubt he'll get it.

I wonder, out of our named squad + the obvious under 21s like Balotelli, how close do you think we are to our 24 'good' players? If you assume all 'good' players currently out on loan stay gone/are sold.

IMO

Hart
Given
Zabaleta
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Boateng
Boyata
Koralov
Milner
Barry
De Jong
SILVA
Yaya
A.Johnson
Tevez
Mario
Dzeko

Are good enough out of current squad for next year we could add Kolo and M.Johnson but suspension and injuries not certain so we do need a few good players to add to what we currently have.

SWP not good enough now and Ade and Bellers obviously don't fit in with Bobby plus a few could be off Tevez, Given, Koralov, Boateng etc so these need replacing.

He's correct in that there no Italian word for "tinkering". I wonder how it could be translated? "Make small changes to" maybe?

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
IMO

Hart
Given
Zabaleta
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Boateng
Boyata
Koralov
Milner
Barry
De Jong
Yaya
A.Johnson
Tevez
Mario
Dzeko

Are good enough out of current squad for next year we could add Kolo and M.Johnson but suspension and injuries not certain so we do need a few good players to add to what we currently have.

SWP not good enough now and Ade and Bellers obviously don't fit in with Bobby plus a few could be off Tevez, Given, Koralov, Boateng etc so these need replacing.
from the squad above you are suggesting another six to seven players need to added to get his 24
which ties in with tolmie's assertion that the club are after six

btw why isn't dancing queen jo in there?

IMO

Hart
Given
Zabaleta
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Boateng
Boyata
Koralov
Milner
Barry
De Jong
Yaya
A.Johnson
Tevez
Mario
Dzeko

This is correct. I expect all of them to stay..Jo is not good enough, same with Swp.

Add there another goalkeeper. Taylor will probably be #3. Given will probably leave, and we sign aother keeper.

Then we need maybe 5 players. Possibly 6 if Tevez leaves. I dont think we need 24. 22-23 good players are enough. A squad with 22-23 good players should survive a season, even with the worst injury crisis.

I think what we're talking about is 3-4 players, which isn't a busy summer by anybodies standards.
We've obviously got a lot of players on loan who will be moving on which will reduce the wage bill and free up some finances. I'm not expecting a crazy summer, just a few quality additions to an already top squad.

IMO

Hart
Given
Zabaleta
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Boateng
Boyata
Koralov
Milner
Barry
De Jong
Yaya
A.Johnson
Tevez
Mario
Dzeko

To win the TITLE + CL
you'll need to greplace (or atleast if they can improve)
Boateng, kolarov, dzeko, milner, barry

de niro said:

Yep...last year our signings were made to get us into the CL,this year the signings will be made to get us as far in it as possible ( im not saying win it ) but quarters or semi would be good :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.