Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen this on another thread -The Maturation of Mario?

Excerpt from a TV interview being aired tomorrow in Italy:

“Why haven’t I won the Ballon d’Or? It’s my fault. Sacrifice counts for a lot in sport. As a teenager I couldn’t do the normal things that the boys of my age get to do. I might have a nice car and house, but at times you just want to be a normal guy and you can’t.

“Will I become the best player in the world? I hope so. I have to improve in every area, though. My best goal was the second one against Germany.

“As for the Derby, on two occasions I got it totally wrong, on two Samir Handanovic did very well to stop me.”

On coaches:

Balotelli was asked about his rapport with City manager Mancini and their famous row in training.

“I rarely hear from Mancini. I had fouled someone and he got angry, that’s all. We made up afterwards. Who do I prefer between Mancini and Mourinho? As a person Mancini, in football terms Mourinho.

“I argued a lot with Mourinho, but I also remember moments of great joy and we had a good laugh. We worked hard with him and played with great intensity, as it was what he wanted.

Says it all really. Balo was one of the players Mancini favoured the most, even he says Mourinho is better. Of course we should keep Mancini though, it makes you a proper fan if you want that, apparently.

NipHolmes said:
Just seen this on another thread -The Maturation of Mario?

Excerpt from a TV interview being aired tomorrow in Italy:

“Why haven’t I won the Ballon d’Or? It’s my fault. Sacrifice counts for a lot in sport. As a teenager I couldn’t do the normal things that the boys of my age get to do. I might have a nice car and house, but at times you just want to be a normal guy and you can’t.

“Will I become the best player in the world? I hope so. I have to improve in every area, though. My best goal was the second one against Germany.

“As for the Derby, on two occasions I got it totally wrong, on two Samir Handanovic did very well to stop me.”

On coaches:

Balotelli was asked about his rapport with City manager Mancini and their famous row in training.

“I rarely hear from Mancini. I had fouled someone and he got angry, that’s all. We made up afterwards. Who do I prefer between Mancini and Mourinho? As a person Mancini, in football terms Mourinho.

“I argued a lot with Mourinho, but I also remember moments of great joy and we had a good laugh. We worked hard with him and played with great intensity, as it was what he wanted.

Says it all really. Balo was one of the players Mancini favoured the most, even he says Mourinho is better. Of course we should keep Mancini though, it makes you a proper fan if you want that, apparently.
I guess that means Mario's joined the agenda.

Rascal said:
So we lose away from home to a side challenging for a European place and the end of the world is nigh.

Everton played very well as they always do against us, yet it took a worldy goal just as we had begun to dominate, a last minute fluke and possibly the worst penalty decision i have ever seen for them to do it

Some on here seem to think we are miles better than we are. We are marginaly better than most and its a small margin and i was disscussing with a mate yesterday, too often this season those small margins have worked against us and things havent gone our way. Thats life im afraid and calling for the sacking of everyman and his dog will not change the effect small margins have. Last season things went for us, this season not so much.
I agree with your point.

The problem with the majority of football supporters/fans - any team's football supporters - is that if their team wins then the team has played well and if their team loses then it's the end of the world.

Most fans couldn't recognise a good game if it hit them in the face.

Regarding City - the majority on this Forum don't know how good we are or otherwise, they are only concerned that we win every game regardless of how we play.

Danamy said:
Rascal said:
Danamy said:
I'd love to hear that conversation at the end of season appraisal meeting

Sheikh: "I've spent nearly £500 mill since the takeover, how do you assess where we are as a club?"

Bob: "Well boss there's only a small margin between us and most of the others in the League?"

Sheikh: "But i've spent £500 mill and we still finish double figures behind the Rags?"

Bob: "That's life i'm afraid!"

Totally missed my point.

You obviously missed mine, my tongue was firmly locked in cheek! ;-)

I bet he will want to know how the likes of Malaga have qualified after selling one of their best players and yet we finished below Ajax who's whole transfer fee costs are less than Rodwell!

dancity19 said:
GoMancini7 said:
Bobby: You gave me 5 year contract, you want to fire me after one bad season (=possible FA Cup trophy)?

Mansour: yes, because we can get someone like Valverde.

Cant see it...

Win the League.

Spend a further 50 million on players (who is to blame we bought badly, not sure, but more than most teams spent)

Crash out at the group stages of champions league, without a win, and the worst performance of an English club....ever, I think.

Get beaten 4-2 at home by Villa in the Carling Cup.

Be 15 points behind United by Mid March. And after people harking on about our unbeaten record (which the intelligent ones amongst saw through, as it was at the expense of winnable draws) we have now lost 4.

That scenario would have seemed ridiculous last May. It happened.......

You win, Valverde has to take over. Unfortunately it seems like he is the best from the group we can get.

greenfingers said:
The problem with the majority of football supporters/fans - any team's football supporters - is that if their team wins then the team has played well and if their team loses then it's the end of the world.

Regarding City - the majority on this Forum don't know how good we are or otherwise, they are only concerned that we win every game regardless of how we play.

Good grief, what a condescending pile of drivel.

Bluemoon115 said:
I guess that means Mario's joined the agenda.

He's another alias of Didsbury Dave apparently ;)

It says it all for me. Mancini and Jose are cut from the same cloth yet one is more decorated and has more method to his madness. Posters like Karen saying Real Madrid are trailing in the league even though they have just knocked out their arch-rivals to advance to a Final in the Copa and are also in the CL later stages. People really do want to see what they want. I'm sure that they even squint to try and make the score Everton 0 City 2 too. Blinkered in short.

Anyway, as Billy and others have said, I personally think Mancini has been culled and players too. He and them have stopped trying now that United have run away with the league. They may try to win the Cup to leave on a high to boost their stock and their legacies but they are off never the less.

People may not care about Europe, I cannot understand why but anyway the point is the club certainly do. We need to boost balance sheets and to make ourselves more money we need commericial revenue and Europe will help us to close better deals as we have a better ranking worldwide and exposure too. Bowing out stone last behind Ajax isn't cutting the mustard. Just like Inter, Mancini has failed to do well in this competition and the club cannot afford to gamble in waiting for Bobby to come good. Nasri never gets played through the middle and many want to sell him because he's not up to the grade, yet these people want to save Bobby even though he proved here just like at Inter that CL is above his limits. That's double standards really. Why should Mancini be afforded patience and Nasri not. Check my posts in the transfer section in the nasri 20m thread. It's clear as day what the problem is.

Here's a post -
Nasri has come here to win things and he's won something, he's come here to play football but knows he's second fiddle to the Messiah. I think he wants out to be fair but I do feel gutted that we never got the most out of him should we sell him. Watch him v Fulham when he played at Arsenal (pretty sure but not 100% when he took on all those players and scored and look at him now.

He is the type of player that profits from a good run of games and like I said he's best when played centrally.

Whilst typing I looked for something to back up my opinion and youtubed his goals to see where most were scored from, you guess it, from the centre. Take a look.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G244y_mUTWk[/youtube]

Anyway going on a tangent here but why is it that Mancini fails to get the best out of Nasri and Dzeko even though they were standout players at their former clubs? He treats all as second rates. At any other teams these players would be major players. Both cost us over a quarter of a million a week in wages and yet are used sparingly and apparently the club is at fault for not backing him in the transfer market. It really is fucking laughable. AVB missed out on both Damaio and Moutinho in the windows gone by, he struggles on with just 2 strikers in his team yet he is third in the league and doing well in the UEFA cup. His team is better than it should be, however we are not.

-- Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:41 pm --

OB1 said:
greenfingers said:

Good grief what a condescending pile of drivel.

It's yet another wank post by the 'superior fan'. Fucking sick of the shite posted.

greenfingers said:
Rascal said:
So we lose away from home to a side challenging for a European place and the end of the world is nigh.

Everton played very well as they always do against us, yet it took a worldy goal just as we had begun to dominate, a last minute fluke and possibly the worst penalty decision i have ever seen for them to do it

Some on here seem to think we are miles better than we are. We are marginaly better than most and its a small margin and i was disscussing with a mate yesterday, too often this season those small margins have worked against us and things havent gone our way. Thats life im afraid and calling for the sacking of everyman and his dog will not change the effect small margins have. Last season things went for us, this season not so much.
I agree with your point.

I think that of all the trite, brainless, idiotic Mancini shields that the head-in-sand brigade are putting up, 'we can't win every game you know' is probably the turd at the bottom of the u bend. Several notches below ' we are just missing chances' and lurking, fetid and stinking, underneath 'he should have been given more money'.

Pathetic. And insulting to the many of us on this thread who discuss football, tactics and performances every single week on this forum, and who's opinions on the manager are based as they should be on his whole tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.