Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
de niro said:
our points total tell me i'm deadly serious. look at the ACN we lose yaya and kolo with no back up whatsoever. yesterday we are without yaya, kun and vinny. we didn't buy those players cos they were not needed, that was the level of player we needed to catch up to the better sides in our league, once they are missing we become ordinary, and thats what we've been at times.
So who is to blame for spending huge sums on the ordinary players like Dzeko, Nasri, Garcia, Kolarov etc?

those players are not ordinary, a whole team of them would make the side ordinary as you need the yayas etc to knit it all together as a whole. balo, edin and tevez are all class but imo only kun would have scored that goal that won us the title. yes we need normal players but we need just that little bit of genius add to the squad.
So what you are saying is we splashed £15 million - £25 million on a lot of players who don't add a spark to our team.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:24 am --<br /><br />
Danielmanc said:
FantasyIreland said:
Danielmanc said:
You state this like Nasri was a disaster but not many on here thought he was a bad buy at the time. That's the trouble with all the armchair managers on here - they can just rewrite history

Many believed he was seen as a luxury player who wasn't needed and one who might ultimately upset the team balance.

Other 'more appropriate' players were suggested instead,players that may well have given us a different approach.

Pity the board didn't listen to you and buy those 'more appropriate' players as we'd no doubt win the Champions League - if only we'd listened to the Blue Moon Managers Association.

-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:22 am --

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Danielmanc said:
You state this like Nasri was a disaster but not many on here thought he was a bad buy at the time. That's the trouble with all the armchair managers on here - they can just rewrite history
Nasri was fantastic at arsenal playing through the middle. Yet here he plays poorly on the right. Strange how 'armchair' managers can see that but those being paid millions cannot.

Yeah I'd swap Mancini for you anyday
Great response to a measured reply....

Paulmcfc2703 said:
de niro said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
So who is to blame for spending huge sums on the ordinary players like Dzeko, Nasri, Garcia, Kolarov etc?

those players are not ordinary, a whole team of them would make the side ordinary as you need the yayas etc to knit it all together as a whole. balo, edin and tevez are all class but imo only kun would have scored that goal that won us the title. yes we need normal players but we need just that little bit of genius add to the squad.
So what you are saying is we splashed £15 million - £25 million on a lot of players who don't add a spark to our team.

we splashed that much because clubs ripped us cos we are wadded. those players were an upgrade on what we had, just as garrido was an upgrade, ade was an upgrade and so on. eventually you get the best like kun and co. its called building.

Garcia and nasty were good buys

We should have sold Balotelli in the Summer when we had the chance and replaced him. Now with Aguero injured we're stuck, and Mancini is taking the flak for something that's not his fault.

There's an awful lot been said, but City's current weakness is glaring.

man Utd have Welbeck, RVP, Hernandez, Rooney plus wingers coming out of their ears and we have Dzeko (who wants out, or we want out?) and Tevez. Mancini is not a magician, and can not compete with a Utd squad which has been properly resourced

Paulmcfc2703 said:
de niro said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

So what you are saying is we splashed £15 million - £25 million on a lot of players who don't add a spark to our team.

-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:24 am --

Danielmanc said:
FantasyIreland said:
Many believed he was seen as a luxury player who wasn't needed and one who might ultimately upset the team balance.

Other 'more appropriate' players were suggested instead,players that may well have given us a different approach.

Pity the board didn't listen to you and buy those 'more appropriate' players as we'd no doubt win the Champions League - if only we'd listened to the Blue Moon Managers Association.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Nasri was fantastic at arsenal playing through the middle. Yet here he plays poorly on the right. Strange how 'armchair' managers can see that but those being paid millions cannot.

Nothing too measured about what you said - you basically think that you know better than Mancini - I think you're wrong. That's why he is earning the millions that you talk about and you (and I) are not.

Danielmanc said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
de niro said:

Danielmanc said:

Nothing too measured about what you said - you basically think that you know better than Mancini - I think you're wrong. That's why he is earning the millions that you talk about and you (and I) are not.
So do you not believe Nasri's best form for Arsenal was due to him playing down the middle? Or do you not think Mancini playing him wide has caused his 'dip' in form since he signed for us?<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:39 am --<br /><br />
de niro said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
de niro said:

we splashed that much because clubs ripped us cos we are wadded. those players were an upgrade on what we had, just as garrido was an upgrade, ade was an upgrade and so on. eventually you get the best like kun and co. its called building.
And boy do we have a building job in the summer.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Danielmanc said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

So do you not believe Nasri's best form for Arsenal was due to him playing down the middle? Or do you not think Mancini playing him wide has caused his 'dip' in form since he signed for us?

I think it's a hard one Paul - some players just dip when they move teams (look at Torres for example) and also Samir was bought to play in the City team not the Arsenal team - and the needs are different and he has failed to fully adapt.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Danielmanc said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

So do you not believe Nasri's best form for Arsenal was due to him playing down the middle? Or do you not think Mancini playing him wide has caused his 'dip' in form since he signed for us?

-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:39 am --

de niro said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

No we don't. We need Aguero fit and a replacement for balotelli

Danielmanc said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Danielmanc said:

I think it's a hard one Paul - some players just dip when they move teams (look at Torres for example) and also Samir was bought to play in the City team not the Arsenal team - and the needs are different and he has failed to fully adapt.
Torres's form had dipped before he had signed for Chelsea.

Why buy a play who you know needs to adapt instead of a player who slots in perfectly to the system you play. To many times Mancini has done this.

More lies/lazy journalism, this time from Joe Lovejoy in the Grauniad. It really does beggar belief that these cünts get paid six figure sums to write this shit.
It will take Mancini rather longer to regain lost respect, and he may not have the time. His employers are hardly known for their patience – ask Mark Hughes or Sven-Goran Eriksson – and are entitled to expect sustained success, rather than a flash in the pan, in return for their colossal investment.

Marvin said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Danielmanc said:

-- Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:39 am --

de niro said:
No we don't. We need Aguero fit and a replacement for balotelli
But what if Dzeko is still unsettled and Tevez refuses to sign his new contract meaning he leaves on a free next year?

The summer could see Tevez, Dzeko, Nasri, Sinclair, Maicon, Kolo & Kolarov all going. I would say that is some building job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.