Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
this is laughable it really is. i was unimpressed when i heard mancini was to be our new boss, this was around 6 months before he was appointed. i hoped the deal would fall down and we'd either keep hughes or appoint jose. once installed all my fears came true, he was negative and seriously had no clue about what the prem was all about. his tactics and substitutions were baffling at best. one thing he did do though was he carried himself well, he was and still is class in front of the media and came across so very confident. he won me round to a degree and yes even now he still has me scratching my head at times.

so where are we now?

he wins us the fa cup, beating the rags in the semi, does it get better than that? well yes actually, he won us the league, from an impossible position and again its the rags that are brushed aside.
i'll never forget yayas goals in the semi and final and of course that goal by aguero back in may.

fast forward to august and mancini pleads with the board to cash in on our title success and get the players for us to kick on. the club sat on its hands. january comes and still no improvement in the squad. so nastastic apart bob plods on with a far weaker side than the 11 that won us the title, he endures the worst injury run to key players for quite some time, to any squad a big loss, to a paper thin in quality squad downright disaster.
you'd expect a top four finish to be a big ask but no bob lies in second, his team are in the semi final of the fa cup, his record come may 11th could read cup/league/cup in three seasons. throw in a runners up medal this season and i for one long suffering blue will take that all day long.
the club WILL back him this summer and ffs so should we.

he's earned it.

Not often I'd agree with absolutely every bit of a post as long as that, but there's accuracy, there's perspective and there's sense. de niro is bang on with every word.

de niro said:
so nastastic apart bob plods on with a far weaker side than the 11 that won us the title, he endures the worst injury run to key players for quite some time, to any squad a big loss, to a paper thin in quality squad downright disaster.
you'd expect a top four finish to be a big ask

2731238-you_can_t_be_serious_1coy.jpg

de niro said:
BillyShears said:
de niro said:
lol billy, you are a one. you do know that if sacked he'll be heading to your town dont you.

just calling it as I see it Bill. as for mancini ending up at psg, on the off chance it does happen, I'm sure he'll do very well in a lesser league with less competition ... ;)

although personally i wouldn't like it, i'd completely understand if soriano and begiristain backed him this summer and let him go again. do you think it'll happen ?

i dont know mate, i'd like to think he will be left alone and given the players he wants. i'm actually more scared of him walking out, he takes some proper shit in this country, some from supposed city fans. our club is an entirely different animal these days, nobody knows whats going to happen, only that typical city has been replaced by a giant, a bulldozer of a club thats going to sweep away everything in its path.

it'll just take a bit of time and a bit of patience.....from everyone.

i think he's a goner and he knows it. lets see if he keeps it together and gets through to the end of the season without any sort of public meltdown. if ever there was a time for a vote of confidence, now is it. otherwise the silence is going to be deafening for Mancini ...

Marvin said:
cookster said:
Marvin said:
So his limit is winning a Premier League title, and that's not good enough?

I'll accept that the performance in the League this season had been disappointing, but you have to take his record at City as a whole, and also look why we have disappointed this season.

Yes, winning one Premier League title is his limit.
You can't make a claim like that without substantiating it.

Logic would suggest that if he can do it once, in such a short time, and that if he can be so successful with other teams, he can do it again. I'd much rather stick with a proven manager like Mancini than go for a new manager like AVB who might be flavour of the month now but turn into a joke. FFPR mean we can't afford gambles
FFPR means we can't afford gambles. Yet CL progression will be vital to us complying yet you want to gamble with a man who has crashed out at the group stage twice with no signs of having a clue how to win a match unless its against a Bayern B team and la liga relegation fodder

LoveCity said:
Getting it big time in the papers for the no-show. The bolded part made me think he is walking on fairly thin ice and the FA Cup could be his only prayer of staying here:

Yet what Roberto Mancini made of it all remains a mystery. As Platt attempted to offer something that resembled a case for the defence, Mancini spent his time pacing up and down the tunnel outside City’s dressing room before leaning against a wall.

The way in which he ran his hands through his air and stared at the floor, coming so soon after the agitated way he had behaved on the touchline during 90 wretched minutes, made it impossible but to draw anything but one conclusion: the pressure had finally got to him.

In many ways, though, his decision to refrain from media duties was in keeping with City’s day. Here was another failure to take responsibility, looking to someone else for direction. Mancini never turned up and nor did his team.
Using press comment to have a go at the manager :-(

If I was Mancini I'd have been raging mad with the ref And my players.

LoveCity said:
Getting it big time in the papers for the no-show. The bolded part made me think he is walking on fairly thin ice and the FA Cup could be his only prayer of staying here:

Yet what Roberto Mancini made of it all remains a mystery. As Platt attempted to offer something that resembled a case for the defence, Mancini spent his time pacing up and down the tunnel outside City’s dressing room before leaning against a wall.

The way in which he ran his hands through his air and stared at the floor, coming so soon after the agitated way he had behaved on the touchline during 90 wretched minutes, made it impossible but to draw anything but one conclusion: the pressure had finally got to him.

In many ways, though, his decision to refrain from media duties was in keeping with City’s day. Here was another failure to take responsibility, looking to someone else for direction. Mancini never turned up and nor did his team.
You need to stop reading the press.All the press do is give negative stories about City.Stop it your torturing yourself lovecity

LoveCity said:

LC you're doing yourself a disservice by posting that shit.

baildon blue said:
LoveCity said:

You need to stop reading the press.All the press do is give negative stories about City.Stop it your torturing yourself lovecity

Hardly torturing myself since I'm ambivalent to that story. It's not negative if it's true unless you're saying they're lying about what Mancini was doing or what his actions meant (feeling the pressure)?

LoveCity said:
baildon blue said:
LoveCity said:

Hardly torturing myself since I'm ambivalent to that story. It's not negative if it's true unless you're saying they're lying about what Mancini was doing or what his actions meant (feeling the pressure)?
Well lets face it the press do make up a lot of stories.Not everything is black and white

Rammy Blue said:
de niro said:
so nastastic apart bob plods on with a far weaker side than the 11 that won us the title, he endures the worst injury run to key players for quite some time, to any squad a big loss, to a paper thin in quality squad downright disaster.
you'd expect a top four finish to be a big ask

2731238-you_can_t_be_serious_1coy.jpg

our points total tell me i'm deadly serious. look at the ACN we lose yaya and kolo with no back up whatsoever. yesterday we are without yaya, kun and vinny. we didn't buy those players cos they were not needed, that was the level of player we needed to catch up to the better sides in our league, once they are missing we become ordinary, and thats what we've been at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.