Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
DD said:
Marvin said:
I said Garcia and Nasty were good buys

City looked at strengthening the forward line in the Summer and didn't do it. I am glad we didn't buy RVP who Utd will have to replace soon, but I don't think we knew then that Balotelli would go on virtual strike after a fantastic Euros. Back then we arguably had the best forward line in European football, now thanks to injury, departures and rumour it's the team's achilles heel and I don't see how you can hold Mancini responsible for that - other than to maybe argue that he should have started the season with balotelli. had he been playing he might still be here now. Who knows

His tactics are nonsensical, especially away from home. His motivational skills are non existent. That's what I hold him responsible for.
FA Cup and League winners. I have never seen a City team with so much resolve & determination.

You talk like we are mid-table and have collapsed
Resolve and determination. Words not used to describe us this season.

Gaylord du Bois said:
DD said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
You frequently question the intelligence of those that disagree with you.

A sure sign of insecurity about your own.

I have no insecurity at all. I do despair about the lack of intelligence of our own supporters though; and if you can't see what he is doing to us, you deserve to see every last one of United's undoubted run of title successes over the next few years. He's fucked up our glorious chance and you are going to suffer the consequences like I will. I'm just really happy for you that you are pleased to accept it, because I'm not.
Despair away then you desperate tool.
Since when the fuck was intelligence a prerequisite for supporting a football team?

Well if you support us then clearly it isn't.

Apologies. I want to see us strive for the best, you are just happy to accept being second best to our cross city rivals because it was always that way, but we had one minute when it wasn't, so that's enough for your entire life eh?:)

Loser mentality.

I thought we'd gone beyond that but clearly we haven't.

DD said:
DD said:
Anyone with any degree of intelligence can see this.

I have no insecurity at all. I do despair about the lack of intelligence of our own supporters though; and if you can't see what he is doing to us, you deserve to see every last one of United's undoubted run of title successes over the next few years. He's fucked up our glorious chance and you are going to suffer the consequences like I will. I'm just really happy for you that you are pleased to accept it, because I'm not.
I would never question the intelligence of someone for arriving, when founded in logic, at a different conclusion than me. I can accept the views of people who want Mancini gone, even if I don't agree with them.

It is supremely arrogant to do such a thing and suggests a deep level of insecurity in spite of your claims to the contrary.

Telling a blue that he deserves "to see every last one of United's undoubted run of title successes over the next few years" just because he has arrived at a different conclusion than you, says a great deal about your regard for City fans and your disposition towards people in general.

DD said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
DD said:
Despair away then you desperate tool.
Since when the fuck was intelligence a prerequisite for supporting a football team?

Well if you support us then clearly it isn't.

Apologies. I want to see us strive for the best, you are just happy to accept being second best to our cross city rivals because it was always that way, but we had one minute when it wasn't.

Loser mentality.

I thought we'd gone beyond that but clearly we haven't.
Again, when exactly did you develop your sense of entitlement?

If anything, last year we proved the same team can't win the league every year.

DD said:
Marvin said:
Garcia and nasty were good buys

We should have sold Balotelli in the Summer when we had the chance and replaced him. Now with Aguero injured we're stuck, and Mancini is taking the flak for something that's not his fault.

There's an awful lot been said, but City's current weakness is glaring.

man Utd have Welbeck, RVP, Hernandez, Rooney plus wingers coming out of their ears and we have Dzeko (who wants out, or we want out?) and Tevez. Mancini is not a magician, and can not compete with a Utd squad which has been properly resourced

Hang on. Last I heard it was part of the manager's remit to sign the right players for his squad.

If anyone really believes that Marwood signed players without Mancini's say so then they need their bumps feeling. This is football, not Rugby League.

At the end of the day, a good manager has to rely on being tactically astute at times. He cannot simply be allowed to address every conundrum by throwing money at it. At times, good coaching has to be called into the equation. This guy simply cannot do it. Ferguson is an expert at getting players to play above themselves. Our manager takes our players the other way.

Ferguson makes his team better than the sum of the parts. Our manager makes our players lesser than the sum of the parts. Anyone with any degree of intelligence can see this.

I have to disagree. Marwood did lose his job so that would indicate some real issues between the 2. I can't believe that Mancini had anything to do with signing sinclair. From day 1 he's not used him at all. He only makes the bench due to injuries and can't even get mop-up duty. If he had wanted him at all he'd have seen some action. Most of the players we did sign were 2nd or 3rd choices. If the prices for the players were too high then Marwood should have said that to start and not spent months regotiating transfer fees only to fail in the end(RVP, DDR, Martinez. Hazard & Agger). Wasting the entire tranfer window away with no signings. Putting us behind the 8 ball and putting us in a position to have to overpay for the few remaining players available. Garcia is not worth 20 mil. 15 for the ever injurred Rodwell was highway robbery. 6 for Sinclair was just a waste of money.

DD said:

I would never question the intelligence of someone for arriving, when founded in logic, at a different conclusion than me. I can accept the views of people who want Mancini gone, even if I don't agree with them.

It is supremely arrogant to do such a thing and suggests a deep level of insecurity in spite of your claims to the contrary.

Telling a blue that he deserves "to see every last one of United's undoubted run of title successes over the next few years" just because he has arrived at a different conclusion than you, says a great deal about your regard for City fans and your disposition towards people in general.

At the end of the day, we both want the same thing; success for Manchester City. However, I really believe that anyone who thinks that Mancini is getting the best out of this squad is wrong.

I just happen to feel that many of us lifelong City fans are so grateful for having seen things that we never thought we would see, that we will defend the guy who was at the helm for an unlimited amount of ineptitude.

Given the resources we had, I would have expected any of the top 30 managers in the world to deliver what we were delivered. Now that FFPR has kicked in, we need a top 5 manager rather than a top 30 manager. Alas, I don't think we have one.

If City are to maintain a good level of success then I feel we need a much better manager than we have. You might disagree but I'm very passionate about this. If he stays then we will piss away the possibility of many trophies. I really do believe this.

PS - to the last poster. Mancini spent all summer raving about Sinclair. I'm sorry but there is no way in this world that we sign a player without the manager's consent. This does not happen in football. It's an easy excuse made by the vulnerable to defend the ineptitude of the manager they love.

I would love to sit in on Mancini's season-end review with management.

Q: How will you change next season at Goodison Park?

Wonder how he'd answer that. We had a chance against 10 men and still lost. If he started with the 'thees eez football' crap I'd sack him right then and there. It isn't football, it's a shit mentality to accept consistently losing at Goodison as some uncontrollable football phenomenon.

The sad part is if Mancini is still here next season, Moyes will sell players while we spend 50m-100m and we'll still lose.

DD said:
However, I really believe that anyone who thinks that Mancini is getting the best out of this squad is wrong.

People can sit either side of the fence or on it but if anyone believes he's getting the best out of our squad they are, as you said, absolutely wrong. He's definitely not a manager who will get every ounce of quality out of his team. We're not seeing the best of Aguero, Dzeko, Silva, Nasri, or Yaya for a start and I put the blame down to attacking tactics more than individuals (except, to an extent, Nasri... but even he could be playing much better). Defensive players seem to excel the most under Mancini but I always get the feeling our attackers are on some sort of invisible leash being held back and rarely playing to their full potential. We've seen said potential a few times like against Spurs and United but they have almost become folklore now when such high quality performances should be a common occurrence at a top club with top players. We rarely put on an exciting performance anymore unless we play total cannon fodder like Barnsley.

From the Times last week........

'On the touchline, a raging Sir Alex Ferguson flapped his arms like a flightless bird trying to get off the ground. He jabbed his fingers at the referee. He spat out his venom. Then he refused to come out and speak to the media.

And, for once, it was only the hardest of hearts that did not empathise with the furious Manchester United manager. It took a strong strain of anti-United prejudice to let Ferguson depart from the Champions League on Tuesday night without sympathy'
--------------------------------------------------------------

I guess the main difference was the fact the Rags were seen by the vast majority to be on the end of a huge injustice as opposed to Mancini who appeared to be displaying sour grapes as a result of a good hiding......
Regardless of your allegiances though,the difference in approach to each individual,and the subsequent spin,is staggering and,frankly,a disgrace.

DD said:
DD said:

At the end of the day, we both want the same thing; success for Manchester City. However, I really believe that anyone who thinks that Mancini is getting the best out of this squad is wrong.

I just happen to feel that many of us lifelong City fans are so grateful for having seen things that we never thought we would see, that we will defend the guy who was at the helm for an unlimited amount of ineptitude.

Given the resources we had, I would have expected any of the top 30 managers in the world to deliver what we were delivered. Now that FFPR has kicked in, we need a top 5 manager rather than a top 30 manager. Alas, I don't think we have one.

If City are to maintain a good level of success then I feel we need a much better manager than we have. You might disagree but I'm very passionate about this. If he stays then we will piss away the possibility of many trophies. I really do believe this.

PS - to the last poster. Mancini spent all summer raving about Sinclair. I'm sorry but there is no way in this world that we sign a player without the manager's consent. This does not happen in football. It's an easy excuse made by the vulnerable to defend the ineptitude of the manager they love.
This. Essentially what a manger's job is and pretty much the reason I can see Mancini being replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.