Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another mancini thread with the usual suspects talking bollocks
Fucking bin it to the bluemoon thread vaults along with the other fucking shite.

mammutly said:
BillyShears said:
mammutly said:
Mancini could pick a job much more easily than we could find a replacement.

I hate doing this to you, but you've sort of asked for it with some of your comments in the two posts you've made in this thread. Mancini could pick a job easily because he isn't fussy. Pay him enough and he'll come. The reality you so resolutely ignore is that Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, PSG, and the rest of the world's elite clubs outside Italy won't touch Mancini with a mile long barge pole. His next job will be a step down from City.

I think that is your self constructed version of reality, Billy.

Are you seriously going to tell me that the ADUG made a mistake in appointing Mancini?

Football clubs have owners and they have all seen what Mancini has - quickly - achieved here. He might not have delivered the CL yet, but nobody in the real world would have expected such a miraculous feat in so short a time from a mere mortal.

Mancini would have no shortage of A list suitors if he chose to leave City. I'm glad that we don't have people in charge who would be daft enough to let him go.
Why would sides like Madrid and Munich whose main aim is European success hire a manager who has constantly failed in it? He will easily find a job at an ambitious club like Monaco or Roma but it wont be at a top world class side.

LoveCity said:
I don't think any of the established elite would take on a manager with a poor European record. Their ambitions go beyond domestic success which is the norm for them, the Champions League is the greatest prize for these clubs who have won their league 10+ times. If Mancini was as good a European manager as domestic manager, all the big clubs would want him.

How many all big managers are available for these all big clubs?

It's not an employer's market. That's the reality that people can't seem to grasp.

mammutly said:

Says the guy who thinks we need Mancini more than he needs us. Alright ...

Are you seriously going to tell me that the ADUG made a mistake in appointing Mancini?

Nope, never once said that since his appointment.

Football clubs have owners and they have all seen what Mancini has - quickly - achieved here. He might not have delivered the CL yet, but nobody in the real world would have expected such a miraculous feat in so short a time from a mere mortal.

He hasn't gotten us out of the group stage of the CL and with a top class squad hasn't managed even the Europa league semi final let alone the final. The knock effect of this has been that our UEFA coefficient hasn't improved and we will again face a group of death.

So claiming that anyone would have expected him to deliver the CL is laughable. I would've expected a little progress, signs of improvement, a greater understanding of the teams he faces in European competitions.

Mancini would have no shortage of A list suitors if he chose to leave City. I'm glad that we don't have people in charge who would be daft enough to let him go.

These people that you're glad won't be daft enough to let him go. When do you think they'll tell the players who are openly and in the press speculating about his future ? Since they've told you it'd be cool if they could let them know so Clichy doesn't have to say things like "“Only time will tell whether the club decides to sack him or keep him...".

mammutly said:
LoveCity said:
I don't think any of the established elite would take on a manager with a poor European record. Their ambitions go beyond domestic success which is the norm for them, the Champions League is the greatest prize for these clubs who have won their league 10+ times. If Mancini was as good a European manager as domestic manager, all the big clubs would want him.

How many all big managers are available for these all big clubs?

It's not an employer's market. That's the reality that people can't seem to grasp.
Barca must be fools.

And a 'Big' club do want Mancini. The club in question is called Manchester City.

Sorry but this is the same old argument and it's been done to death too much already.

I'm bored with it and would rather just acknowledge Billy has a different opinion and leave it there. Others can of course carry on, but I'm out.

greasedupdeafguy said:
mammutly said:
BillyShears said:
I hate doing this to you, but you've sort of asked for it with some of your comments in the two posts you've made in this thread. Mancini could pick a job easily because he isn't fussy. Pay him enough and he'll come. The reality you so resolutely ignore is that Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, PSG, and the rest of the world's elite clubs outside Italy won't touch Mancini with a mile long barge pole. His next job will be a step down from City.

Why would sides like Madrid and Munich whose main aim is European success hire a manager who has constantly failed in it? He will easily find a job at an ambitious club like Monaco or Roma but it wont be at a top world class side.

He's not even 50 yet and so far his domestic management record could be held up to scrutiny against most in the game. Granted his European record has let him down but if you're in the business of hiring a new boss and Mancini is available then it stands to reason that he would make a good candidate.
Personally I believe he will improve his European pedigree and as he gains more experience he will become a more rounded manager.
He's far from perfect but to listen to some he's not good enough for the dog and duck.

Pablo1 said:
He's far from perfect but to listen to some he's not good enough for the dog and duck.

The Dog and Duck couldn't afford him ... ;)

Seriously though, I really don't think Mancini's dogshit. Not by a long stretch ... it's a shame that people don't have the capacity to be a bit more subtle than "hero" or "zero". He's a very very good coach who has achieved a hell of a lot in a short space of time. However as you say, he isn't the finished article and certainly in Europe he's proven to be ... so far anyway ... simply not good enough. He may well get there one day. Will that be with City ? I have no idea ... but this conversation began, certainly for me, from the comment that we need Mancini more than he needs us. I just don't agree with that and I certainly don't think until he shows a significant improvement in both his European results, and his man management and motivational skills, that he'll be getting a call from the clubs I mentioned earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.