Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo1 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
mammutly said:
I think that is your self constructed version of reality, Billy.

Are you seriously going to tell me that the ADUG made a mistake in appointing Mancini?

Football clubs have owners and they have all seen what Mancini has - quickly - achieved here. He might not have delivered the CL yet, but nobody in the real world would have expected such a miraculous feat in so short a time from a mere mortal.

Mancini would have no shortage of A list suitors if he chose to leave City. I'm glad that we don't have people in charge who would be daft enough to let him go.
Why would sides like Madrid and Munich whose main aim is European success hire a manager who has constantly failed in it? He will easily find a job at an ambitious club like Monaco or Roma but it wont be at a top world class side.

He's not even 50 yet and so far his domestic management record could be held up to scrutiny against most in the game. Granted his European record has let him down but if you're in the business of hiring a new boss and Mancini is available then it stands to reason that he would make a good candidate.
Personally I believe he will improve his European pedigree and as he gains more experience he will become a more rounded manager.
He's far from perfect but to listen to some he's not good enough for the dog and duck.
Get where you coming from but I just cant imagine these top clubs who are desperate for success in Europe go for someone who failed to win a single group game. With time, he may well get success in Europe but until then I cant see top level clubs looking at him.

LoveCity said:
I don't think any of the established elite would take on a manager with a poor European record. Their ambitions go beyond domestic success which is the norm for them, the Champions League is the greatest prize for these clubs who have won their league 10+ times. If Mancini was as good a European manager as domestic manager, all the big clubs would want him.

Partly correct. The big clubs, or elite if you prefer, require a coach who can excel domestically and in Europe. Di Matteo has won the CL as has Rijkaard and Avram Grant got to a CL final yet the 'elite' are not rushing to employ them.

In contrast Wenger has been courted by the top clubs yet has never won the CL and in 15 years only got to 1 final so not exactly ripping up trees either. Not to mention in his first 2 years he didn't get out the group stages.

In terms of managers been desirable through domestic and European achievements then Benitez fits the bill although we are now been linked with managers that have yet to achieve anything significant either domestically or in Europe so what do I know...

...as for clubs making a play for Mancini in light of all the rumours well of course they are and no doubt Mancini's camp will leak any and all overtures to him via his agents and so the game goes on.

Personally I think we will get at least 1 more year of Bobby which will make this place a real hoot to visit next season

BillyShears spouting utter bollocks as per usual, don't take this goon on!

the problem is that european giants are stacking up against us

and increasing lead by british clubs with You Know Who at the healm

As a man who has been in the "Mancini out" brigade I would like to say this with the hope that we can put this to bed once and for all;
We all love our club and Mancini is now part of the fabric of City.
He has given us our best and for me, beloved moments of our lives supporting City.
So what if we don't win the Prem this season and so what if we finish trophyless?
Many people on here think we have a God given right to win the Prem and also go on to win the Champions League too.
I remember vividly how it was when walking up to Maine Road one night match and some red cant in a car stopped and said that CITY stood for conference in two years. I couldn't disagree with him at the time although I did.
Fast forward 13 years and with Mancini's help we are now a feared team.
So please fuck off all you glory hunters and people who think we should win the league every year.
I understand that there is pressure to win at all costs but most of us on here would accept where we are now without question given our history.
Mancini is our future, and we should be thankful!

Bobbywill be staying at least another year.He has to improve with the cl i think we can all agree on that at least and i believe he will.It would be nice to think everyone would get behind him if he stays but there will always be some who think the grass is greener

BillyShears said:
The knock effect of this has been that our UEFA coefficient hasn't improved and we will again face a group of death.

Our co-efficient has improved and as a group of death consists of teams from each pot we could find ourselves in a group of death regardless of our ranking.

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:
Mancini could pick a job much more easily than we could find a replacement.

I hate doing this to you, but you've sort of asked for it with some of your comments in the two posts you've made in this thread. Mancini could pick a job easily because he isn't fussy. Pay him enough and he'll come. The reality you so resolutely ignore is that Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, PSG, and the rest of the world's elite clubs outside Italy won't touch Mancini with a mile long barge pole. His next job will be a step down from City.
HERE'S ....................BILLY.

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:
Mancini could pick a job much more easily than we could find a replacement.

I hate doing this to you, but you've sort of asked for it with some of your comments in the two posts you've made in this thread. Mancini could pick a job easily because he isn't fussy. Pay him enough and he'll come. The reality you so resolutely ignore is that Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, PSG, and the rest of the world's elite clubs outside Italy won't touch Mancini with a mile long barge pole. His next job will be a step down from City.

He could end up at Chelsea some day! The way they go through managers

BillyShears said:
Pablo1 said:
He's far from perfect but to listen to some he's not good enough for the dog and duck.

The Dog and Duck couldn't afford him ... ;)

Seriously though, I really don't think Mancini's dogshit. Not by a long stretch ... it's a shame that people don't have the capacity to be a bit more subtle than "hero" or "zero". He's a very very good coach who has achieved a hell of a lot in a short space of time. However as you say, he isn't the finished article and certainly in Europe he's proven to be ... so far anyway ... simply not good enough. He may well get there one day. Will that be with City ? I have no idea ... but this conversation began, certainly for me, from the comment that we need Mancini more than he needs us. I just don't agree with that and I certainly don't think until he shows a significant improvement in both his European results, and his man management and motivational skills, that he'll be getting a call from the clubs I mentioned earlier.

That's a fairer assessment and I agree that he has a lot to do to be thought of as one of the best about.
I still think the man management and motivational skills argument are subjective and for every player that comes out and reports problems there are a couple more who are happy with his ways.
As for the "hero" "zero" reference - come on Billy, this is football we're talking about, a game where 48000 people can watch the same game and 24000 think Garcia was MOM and 24000 think he's Not fit to lace the boots of Danny mills..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.