Mancini

Its difficult not to respond to the wums but its important to remember that Mancini is assured his place in our history forever and no amount of imaginary dossiers can change that.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I know OB1 and I know he's not lying.

Ha, well that settles it. An anonymous poster on the internet has proved he's telling the truth. I am now fully convinced
You're banned as well. You're simply trolling for trolling's sake.
How the hell was he trolling
Have you really banned him for that p.b?

I wouldn't have sacked Mancini but Txiki and Soriano wouldnt be doing their job if they didnt make changes that they thought were needed to move us forward.

So I have no problem with their decision, time will tell whether it was a good one or not.

Having made their decision I fully expect them to line someone up before giving RM the sack. It's not particularly nice, but its common sense and again its the right thing for the football club. I suspect RM knows that as well.

My only real problem is that it was played out into the open for a long time and that made RM's job much harder. We know Txiki and Soriano can keep things under wraps but I'm not sure they tried really hard to do that on this occasion.

It seems players were indulged and that worries me as I want the dog wagging the tail and not the other way around.

I also hated the fact that we felt the need to spin his departure after he was gone. Maybe if we hadnt of done that RM wouldnt have felt the need to have a go back. I just hope we leave it there and don't respond. It really serves no purpose.

moomba said:
I wouldn't have sacked Mancini but Txiki and Soriano wouldnt be doing their job if they didnt make changes that they thought were needed to move us forward.

So I have no problem with their decision, time will tell whether it was a good one or not.

Having made their decision I fully expect them to line someone up before giving RM the sack. It's not particularly nice, but its common sense and again its the right thing for the football club. I suspect RM knows that as well.

My only real problem is that it was played out into the open for a long time and that made RM's job much harder. We know Txiki and Soriano can keep things under wraps but I'm not sure they tried really hard to do that on this occasion.

It seems players were indulged and that worries me as I want the dog wagging the tail and not the other way around.

I also hated the fact that we felt the need to spin his departure after he was gone. Maybe if we hadnt of done that RM wouldnt have felt the need to have a go back. I just hope we leave it there and don't respond. It really serves no purpose.
Post of the thread.

We may not have liked the manner of his departure, but if its what the club decided, like it or not we have to accept the decision, move on and support the new incumbent. Why some fans cannot see that showing appreciation for what Mancini achieved during his time here isn't tantamount to treason is beyond me.

Why they cannot see that when some fans express unease at our all out attacking style and the detrimental effect it has on our defending and that this isn't a call for Mancini's return again is beyond me.

Like I've said before, its all about petty agenda's......

Prestwich_Blue said:
Dribble said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Marwood wasn't doing the transfers in 2012 and I've explained why we couldn't do those three deals. De Rossi is still at Roma, United were able to do the RvP deal as they didn't need to shift anyone and Chelsea were prepared to pay the money we, on principle, won't.

And the "incompetent" Marwood has a senior position at one of the most exciting clubs in the world while Mancini is at Galatasaray. Like Moyes this season, he still had the team he won the title with last season yet fell well short.
Funny, Mancini seemed to think he was in charge of transfers and I think if anyone should know who was in charge, it should be the manager. Well if Marwood wasn't in charge of transfers, who was?

And Marwood's senior position seems to be nothing more than head foreman at the new training complex. He's had a sidewards shove onto Ashton Old Road!!!

By all accounts, we were in pole position for Hazard & RVP when Marwood tried to renegotiate the terms of the agreements in principle and both players took up opposing offers and the rest is history. Looking at the calibre of player that Mancini had bought before, who's bright idea was the 2012 summer transfer window then?
You're right. Marwood was doing transfers in 2012. But I've said what happened. We were in pole position for RvP but Marwood and Mancini were told we had to sell before he could come in. No one tried to renegotiate anything as far as I know.

And you're ignoring the simple fact that, if he'd fucked up, he would have been gone. I know that, despite everyone's desperate need to blame him for everything that went wrong, the owners were happy he'd done what was asked of him.

If people paid attention, they'd see that Marwood is heavily involved in the new clubs City have bought, as well as running the Academy project and I think he is still in charge of running the technical staff at City. If the board etc thought he was incompetent, he would not be carrying out what appears to be a rather wide remit.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:34 am --<br /><br />
The cookie monster said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Ha, well that settles it. An anonymous poster on the internet has proved he's telling the truth. I am now fully convinced

Frankyl, I hope so because I really do not take kindly to having my honesty questioned by anyone.

OB1 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Dribble said:
Funny, Mancini seemed to think he was in charge of transfers and I think if anyone should know who was in charge, it should be the manager. Well if Marwood wasn't in charge of transfers, who was?

And Marwood's senior position seems to be nothing more than head foreman at the new training complex. He's had a sidewards shove onto Ashton Old Road!!!

By all accounts, we were in pole position for Hazard & RVP when Marwood tried to renegotiate the terms of the agreements in principle and both players took up opposing offers and the rest is history. Looking at the calibre of player that Mancini had bought before, who's bright idea was the 2012 summer transfer window then?
You're right. Marwood was doing transfers in 2012. But I've said what happened. We were in pole position for RvP but Marwood and Mancini were told we had to sell before he could come in. No one tried to renegotiate anything as far as I know.

And you're ignoring the simple fact that, if he'd fucked up, he would have been gone. I know that, despite everyone's desperate need to blame him for everything that went wrong, the owners were happy he'd done what was asked of him.

If people paid attention, they'd see that Marwood is heavily involved in the new clubs City have bought, as well as running the Academy project and I think he is still in charge of running the technical staff at City. If the board etc thought he was incompetent, he would not be carrying out what appears to be a rather wide remit.

-- Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:34 am --

The cookie monster said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Frankyl, I hope so because I really do not take kindly to having my honesty questioned by anyone.
But you haven't had. You're just an anonymous three digits on an internet forum that not one soul gives a fuck about on this whole planet. Your real life person is somewhat different, i'm sure you're loved by many and have great honesty and integrity that is trusted by even more than those that love you.

On here those three letters and most of the words you post mean absolutely fuck all.

And that goes for the handful that keep on bringing up this same subject over and over and over and over as if somehow all of us that loved Mancini and have great respect for what he brought to this football club, who do not give even the smallest fucking shit about what some nobodies with silly anonymous names in a world that doesn't actually exist think or know about Mancini, are going to have our minds change by them. We don't care. You aren't going to change our opinions on the man. Stop trying to. You're fighting a losing battle.

Now onto the Sunderland game and let's all get behind Pellegrini and the boys as they need it!

Berkovic_blue said:
Deepest Blue said:
Not our most shining hour, but it's been done to death on here.

Roberto is entitled his say but we have to move on, we as City, are better for the split (though this is not the highpoint of our season so far).

Not sure you can argue that's true yet. Don't we have the same points as we had at this stage last season? Yes some of the football has been exhilarating but the defence has gone to shit.
Sorry for delay in response but just revisiting the thread after boozy day out.
We as a club are certainly in a better place than had we retained Roberto IMO.
We do leak goals but this is more than compensated for by the ability to dismantle packed defences most of the time. We lost valuable points last season against some mediocre sides while never looking like scoring.
"No Plan B" "No pace, no width" was the cry and it was hard to disagree.
Many of the best players were not giving their best and the number and stature of those players was such that we couldn't just get rid of them and keep Mancini.

The improvement in the junior teams is also a factor that cannot be ignored.
The EDS and U-18's were a shambles last year with Lombardi running a team often containing Mancini Jnr, Scapuzzi and other such wastes of a place. What sort of message does that send out?
We were destroyed in that UEFA tourney that we played in. Now we have qualified for the next stage in the equivalent.
I could go on forever but won't. I did like Roberto and admired what we achieved under him but there were flaws and we are no addressing most of them in the short time Pelle has been here.
Not perfect yet but making big strides in the right direction.
Finally, I hope Roberto and Galatasaray stuff that tw*t Mourinho in CL and laughs right in his face.

I know OB1 too, and he's totally honest, and it's funny as fuck you lot all buzzing round him like angry bees.

OB1, leave them to it, mate. You can't win with Saint Bob's "Bullshit" Barkers. Even if you told them the truth, they wouldn't have it.

Plenty of people know exactly why The Sheikh bulletted him and exactly what a mess he left behind. Anyone with any sense or knowledge of Manchester City knows the truth, and knows why he could only get employed at Galatasary.

Mancini still loves you, boys. That should be a comfort ;-)

OB1 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Dribble said:

If people paid attention, they'd see that Marwood is heavily involved in the new clubs City have bought, as well as running the Academy project and I think he is still in charge of running the technical staff at City. If the board etc thought he was incompetent, he would not be carrying out what appears to be a rather wide remit.

-- Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:34 am --

The cookie monster said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

OB1 you are one of the decent posters on here and you never really get abusive which is a credit to you
If folk are now getting banned though for questioning peoples information,it just seems petty.

Didsbury Dave said:
I know OB1 too, and he's totally honest, and it's funny as fuck you lot all buzzing round him like angry bees.

OB1, leave them to it, mate. You can't win with Saint Bob's "Bullshit" Barkers. Even if you told them the truth, they wouldn't have it.

Plenty of people know exactly why The Sheikh bulletted him and exactly what a mess he left behind. Anyone with any sense or knowledge of Manchester City knows the truth, and knows why he could only get employed at Galatasary.

Mancini still loves you, boys. That should be a comfort ;-)
It's a huge relief to know that Bob still wants me for a sunbeam.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.