Mancini

Ric said:
without a dream said:
It's bizarre these threads still generate this much interest. It's obvious Bobby got himself involved in a power battle he had no hope of winning and that he pissed off a lot of people, there can't be more that half a dozen people on here who don't think that's true.

On the other hand I wouldn't give a shit if it came out that Mancini used to goose step round the training ground in a united onesie chanting Rooney. I'll still be forever grateful that he brought the silverware I never thought we'd win when I was growing up and I don't really see what anyone gains from writing unnecessarily vague posts about what a **** he was, we know and he was rightly sacked. Everyone should just look back fondly on Mancini's trophies and look forward to plenty more with Pellegrini.

That's pretty much how I feel.

I have no idea why the same people insist on having the same argument every time a thread about Mancini or Pellegrini crops up. It's incredibly tedious.

I think it's got little or nothing to do with Mancini really. It's all about posters who feel they need to boost their BM status by 'knowing' things. Same thing happens with the transfer forum each summer.

For myself, I am grateful to Mancini for the success that he brought us and for giving me two of the best days of my recent life

gordondaviesmoustache said:
It seems the squabbling has migrated to the General Football Forum. While you're here please take a moment to fulfill your civic duty as blues and visit the united thread to post something that pointedly mocks and derides the rags, wee Davey, or preferably both.
Done and done!

Lock the thread for Christ sake. When posters are being banned for not believing someone they've never met then we are hitting new lows on here. Usually on Mancini threads.

Stretford Ender said:
strongbowholic said:
Stretford Ender said:
The sheikh got rattled and heads rolled.
You sound a little cross.
Not doing the Crossword today,can't see me completing many.
You should be able to. You've been doing it non-stop for the last twenty years. It's.....errrrr......in your genes.

Neville Kneville said:
Dribble said:
Neville Kneville said:
By 'all accounts' ?

Well it's clearly not by 'all accounts' is it ? As there are plenty of people who disagree with that version of events & have told you so.

Seems to me, we did exacltly the same with Isco & it's how the club are operating, be it Marwood, Txiki or if anyone else came in. Also, Mancini has said that he wanted the players brought in as replacements when the other deals didn't happen. Why didn't he just say 'forget it' & keep the money to use in the next transfer window ?

Marwood, Txiki etc are working under orders. If you don't like it perhaps you should have a go at Khaldoon, as Mancini is clearly doing in that interview, & who does Khaldoon work for ? Yes, Sheikh Mansour, so have a go at him as well.

Support the manager of Galatasaray against your own club. Perhaps if we get past Barca, he can knock us out of the Champions League eh ?

That'll teach us.
Oh don't be so silly.....

Mancini was clearly pissed that we'd missed these targets, and rightly or wrongly said so in public. Yes I agree he should have kept all this behind closed doors, but I fully understand his frustrations. And yes I'll have a go at Khaldoon & Sheik Mansour because what's the point in having a manager if you're not going to back him.

Funnily enough, it was stated toward the end of last season that City were going to identify their targets and acquire them early and not repeat the mistakes of the previous transfer window, so ultimately who was right about our approach to the 2012-2013 transfer window in the end?

Mancini had fucking fortunes to spend in on players. And he had a better squad than Utd. He could have tried 'management' ie 'getting them to play to their best ability'rather than just buying a new player to do his job for him, because none of the ones he's got want to play for him.

When we missed Hazard etc, rather than keeping the money, he chose to spend it on Garcia, Rodwell etc. He chose to bring them in. Mancini himself has made this clear on many occasions. Whenever he said, in public, that he chose Rodwell or Sinclair, the lickers would say "oh he's just saying that". So they believe every word he says...as long as it suits their argument, otherwise he's telling lies.

When we missed Hazard, nobody forced him to spend that money on Rodwell & Garcia. He chose to spend it rather than wait til the next window. So in Jan, instead of signing a player, we lost one to balance the books.

Sure, we missed our main targets in the summer & would have been much better had we signed them, but we have just worked exactly the same way with Isco, Fernando & Mangala, & it has probably cost us points v Chelsea, but we refused to be taken for a ride in the transfer market, AS IS THE POLICY.

That was the same both before & after the new appointments, so it's clear to anyone without an agenda tha we have a policy which comes from the top. So why are people singling out Marwood & Txiki for damaging their beloved when the direction clearly comes from the owner & Khaldoon ? When Mancini publicly slated Marwood, he was actually publicly slating Khaldoon whose instruction Marwood works to. Khaldoon works for the owner, it's not going to go down well.

Mancini did a fantastic job for a period of time, turned the club around, then it went to shit & he was in the end strongly disliked by plenty of players & staff at the time he left. He was also deemed to no longer be the right for the job by the owner & chairman. They chose Tkiki & Soriano over Mancini.

So all the lickers who are trying to pick on soft targets need to admit, like you, they are actually siding with Mancini against Sheikh Mansour & Khaldoon, because that's exactly what they are doing.

Mancini wants to knock you out of the Champions League, as he is the manager of another club. Stop sucking his dick.
Question:

Why do all you outer's continually make sexual references when discussing Mancini? You mention is hair, his hair products, his style of dress, his eyebrows and his sun tan. Are you sexually repressed? Do you secretly fancy him Nev?

Anyway, back on topic. Mancini spent what he was allowed, which manager wouldn't?

Season - 2010-2011 £75m Spent
Johson (January)
Boateng
Silva
Yaya
Kolorov

Season - 2011-2012 £100m Spent
Dzeko (January)
Aguero
Nasri
Clichy
Savic
Hargreaves (Free)

Season - 2012-2013 £54m Spent
Rodwell
Sinclair
Garcia
Nastasic
Maicon

In season 2012-2013, Nastasic apart do you notice a change in trend of the stature of player signed? This happened to coincide with Marwood being left in charge of our transfer policy whether acting on Khaldoon's orders or not.

Season - 2013-2014 £85m Spent
Navas
Negredo
Fernandinho
Jovetic
De Michaelis

Notice a change in policy from 2012-2013 & 2013-2014? So it wasn't just Mancini who had money to spend, so did Hughes and to a lesser extent Pellegrini because by the time he arrived at the club Txiki was insitu as DOF. The players Mancini bought during his first 2 summers were a world away from the final day dross we bought in his last summer and what was the difference? Marwood!

In hindsight we might have been better not spending in that window (even though we needed strengthening) but have you looked at it this way, £54m would have been enough to get Hazard, RVP and possibly Maicon the players Mancini really wanted. Instead (and completely out of character) we wound up with Rodwell, Sinclair, Garcia, Nastasic and Maicon.

If Mancini reluctantly agreed to this lot, I can imagine the last day of the transfer market discussion; Bert, it's the last day of the transfer window, we've scrabbled about in the bargain basement and all that's left are Rodwell, Sinclair, Garcia, Nastasic and Maicon that's your lot, take it or leave it! Not much of a choice really is it.

As for Marwood, he's been conspicuous by his absence in any transfer dealings since........

As for Mancini, he wasn't all that bad was he.......

• Premier League: 133 games, 82 wins, 27 draws, 24 losses. Win percentage: 61.7%
• FA Cup: 19 games, 13 wins, three draws, three losses. Win percentage: 68%
• League Cup: Nine games, four wins, one draw, four losses. Win percentage: 44.4%
• Champions League: 12 games, three wins, four draws, five losses. Win percentage: 25%
• Europa League: 16 games, 10 wins, three draws, three losses. Win percentage: 62.5%
• Community Shield: Two games, one win, one loss. Win percentage: 50%
• Overall: 191 games, 113 wins, 38 draws, 40 losses. Win percentage: 59.2%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.