Mancini's future will be decided in one game

fathellensbellend said:
Bigga said:
LOL!!

The comedy of City fans never ceases to amaze me!!

You would rather go down in flames losing 5-4 every game, thus losing the chance of Chump's League doesn't bother you, so long as we 'go for it'!!

Priceless.

no, what is priceless, is spending hours on the motorway, thousands of pounds on tickets and travel to watch virtually the most expensively assembled squad ever, show zero attacking intent.

have you actually seen us play the supposed big 4 under roberto, it makes the stuart pearce era look like real madrid of the 50's.

you can stick your champions league up your arse, if every game being a borefest is the price we have to pay to qualify for the money is god tournament you can keep it.

That'll be one ticket available from now on, then??

At the end of the day, consistency is what ADUG want. The consolidation of reaching Valhalla. After that, then City can be as swashbuckling as they want. ADUG don't really care how we reach 'The Promised Land', just that we do.

Have patience.

bluefandk said:
He might survive a loss in that semi He wont survive losing out on fourth.

Agree that's how I see it as well, I think so long as the loss isn't by more than one or two goals its that 4th place that will make or break him.

As above I see the Spurs match as key. If we lose semi final and play negative hid cause won't be helped but lose with a cavalier attacking performance and people will forgive.

pml79 said:
Blue Tooth said:
Thankfully, in the great scheme of things, your opinion doesn't matter.
Mancini's future will not be decided by Blue Moon.
yes but once you lose the fans any manager is in trouble

What many people fail to realise is that once the "fans" are lost the TEAM is in trouble. Irrespective of my opinion on Mancini when will the penny drop with so called "supporters" that to support the team should be the most important thing from now until the end of the season. The players are human beings. Maybe they are being stifled by the tactics of Mancini (not my personal opinion btw) but whether or not this is the case, if all they hear within the stadium is a groan at every misplaced pass, conceded foul, poor distribution from the goalkeeper etc etc then we are contributing to our own downfall.

The time for venting spleens maybe at the end of the season. Until then SUPPORT THE FUCKIN TEAM.

lancs blue said:
What if he plays a canny tactical battle and nicks it with a late goal, is that somehow not good enough either? For me only one thing matters on April 16th, the result. How it's achieved is of no relevance to me at all, penalties after a boring 0-0 will do nicely.

well, he's faced United about 5 times, Arsenal 3 times and Spurs twice and this 'nick it with a late goal' tactic has not worked once.

I don't even mention the other teams (Chelsea aside) because we shouldn't be playing them and hoping to nick something anyway.

Do we pick up a trophy for winning a semi-final, then?

Must have changed the rules?

Just to point out Middlesbrough have contested four cup finals, winning one, during our last final appearance.

They currently flounder with no future in the Championship.

As the great Bobby George puts it 'Doubles for Dough, Trebles for show'

Or as the great Duncan Bannatyne puts it 'I couldn't give a fook about your turnover, what's your profit?'

It's about more than a day out or squeaking fourth.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Do we pick up a trophy for winning a semi-final, then?

Must have changed the rules?

Just to point out Middlesbrough have contested four cup finals, winning one, during our last final appearance.

They currently flounder with no future in the Championship.

As the great Bobby George puts it 'Doubles for Dough, Trebles for show'

Or as the great Duncan Bannatyne puts it 'I couldn't give a fook about your turnover, what's your profit?'

It's about more than a day out or squeaking fourth.

so at the end of the day, it won't just be about results, as it's widely been assumed 4th is minimum requirement, but style points also get taken into consideration.

Mancini at MCFC has already been decided one way or the other. If he attains 4th place or better and into the CL next season, he stays. Cannot see the owners reneging on what seems to have been a done deal twelve months ago. MCFC get into the CL and it's the first time in forty years. Who could sack a manager after he has achieved that.

Measuring success on one game is just foolish. Even if it is the Red Peril.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.