Mancini's future

Didsbury Dave said:
Tevez's actions, if as painted, are of course unforgiveable, but two questions are in my mind I'm afraid. I'm out of the City loop on hoiliday, but reading the papers, and of course I watched the game.

1) Why the fuck is Tevez still at the club after all the problems he's caused? Someone with sense would have seen this coming a mile off.

2) What the fuck did the manager think he would achieve going public with this mess staright after the game? Yet again he's lost his cool and it's cost us. As well as the club looking divided, I reckon that's cost us 20 mill.

We are still a fucking Ferrari being driven by a bunch of old ladies, and I'm absolutely sick of it. Sick of it. This club needs leadership. If Abu Dhabi get this Chief Exec appointment wrong I'm afraid I'm going to start to believe they've got very deep pockets and very little football nous.

Come on ADUG, come on Khaldoon. Sort this mess out and let's get on with this project.

I bet you are.

1) No one would buy him.

2) He didn't go public, Geoff Shreeves went public and then Mancini was asked why Tevez didn't come on in the 2nd half. Why should Mancini lie on Tevez's behalf?

The club has leadership. Mancini is showing it.

But don't miss the opportunity to put the boot in please.

Didsbury Dave said:
Tevez's actions, if as painted, are of course unforgiveable, but two questions are in my mind I'm afraid. I'm out of the City loop on hoiliday, but reading the papers, and of course I watched the game.

1) Why the fuck is Tevez still at the club after all the problems he's caused? Someone with sense would have seen this coming a mile off.

2) What the fuck did the manager think he would achieve going public with this mess staright after the game? Yet again he's lost his cool and it's cost us. As well as the club looking divided, I reckon that's cost us 20 mill.

We are still a fucking Ferrari being driven by a bunch of old ladies, and I'm absolutely sick of it. Sick of it. This club needs leadership. If Abu Dhabi get this Chief Exec appointment wrong I'm afraid I'm going to start to believe they've got very deep pockets and very little football nous.

Come on ADUG, come on Khaldoon. Sort this mess out and let's get on with this project.

allow the "players power" could cost a lot more than 20M

Mancio said:
Didsbury Dave said:

allow the "players power" could cost a lot more than 20M

As if we were ever going to get £50M in the first place.

cleavers said:
In answer to didsbury, my suspicions are

1. That he is still here, against the wishes of RM, and at the wishes of our owner, though I suspect that will change now.

2. The manager didn't need to go public with it at the end of the game, it was already public, even in the stadium we were getting text messages from home about it, long before the final whistle. He had to answer the inevitible questions at the press conference. I'm not sure he "lost his cool" as such, just replied honestly.

i think they are more than suspicions, i think you are bang on the money
dave you have to let this anti mancini tag drop, mancini to my mind has acted with the utmost professionalism under extreme pressure this week and correctly.
to boot his players bar hart and clichy let him down big time for 70 mins until the clown stepped in.

Didsbury Dave said:

When ADUG took over we were a morris minor. We bent over backwards to join the big table by buying players with a question mark against their temperamant. Robinho, Bellamy, Adebayor and Tevez. Sadly this has come back to bite us both in bad publicity and lost revenue when these guys were sold.

We were never going to get 40 mill for Tevez as last summer proved. His latest antics mean we might only get 20 million. It all depends on whether any potential suitors reckon he is a good guy. Corinthians seem to but they must have short memories as he left there in acrimonious circumstances.

SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I bet you are.

1) No one would buy him.

2) He didn't go public, Geoff Shreeves went public and then Mancini was asked why Tevez didn't come on in the 2nd half. Why should Mancini lie on Tevez's behalf?

If Mancini hadn't said anything after the game Tevez and his crew would have been able to peddle their usual bullshit. Mancini saying what he did pulled the rug from under them and also led to Tevez saying more than was wise if he wished to try and squirm out of his predicament.

Just a point of note, people who are saying that the Tevez signing was a mistake or has come back to bite us need to take a step back. I know this is a difficult subject and emotions are high but no-one can deny what he has done for the club over the last 2 seasons.

It wasn't a bad buy at the time and for the next season and a half, it was just unfortunate that circumstances changed.

Mancini backed himself and the club into a corner by his comments after the game. IT should have been brushed over in public, to save yet another media fucking bruhaha. Behind the scenes he should have been dealt with whatever way the club wanted.

Now any club who want him and he wants to join will get him for about 10 fucking million in Jan

Clevers said:
SWP's back said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I bet you are.

1) No one would buy him.

If Mancini hadn't said anything after the game Tevez and his crew would have been able to peddle their usual bullshit. Mancini saying what he did pulled the rug from under them and also led to Tevez saying more than was wise if he wished to try and squirm out of his predicament.

This is a very good point as without RM's statement (and Tevez responding to Sky by saying he wasn't mentally or physically ready) there could have been some mileage in them arguing it was a misunderstanding solely about warming up. As it stands Tevez has cocked up big time.

As TH says, refusing to warm up is refusing to play.

It is still not an easy situation for City to resolve though.

Didsbury Dave said:
Mancini backed himself and the club into a corner by his comments after the game. IT should have been brushed over in public, to save yet another media fucking bruhaha. Behind the scenes he should have been dealt with whatever way the club wanted.

Now any club who want him and he wants to join will get him for about 10 fucking million in Jan

a) you don't know that, it's all guesswork as no-one here knows the full facts.
b) we'd still be £10m up, we'll make it to the top regardless of whether we get 50p or £50m for him, Tevez isn't the key factor in anything apart from his own destiny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.