Mancini's future

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
If Tevez stays, Mancini will resign, certain of it. He is too honourable a person to swallow Tevez's crap.

This.

Please Tevez. Stop your poison and fuck off.

Joint top of the league?
FA cup winners
Champions league for the first time
Dealing with a squad full of massive ego's and malcontents
Shipping out dead wood and trying to steady the ship as he goes

I know he's paid massively for his trouble but, for me, he's worth every penny and i doubt that any manager coming into the hornet's nest that was city after hughes left, could have done much better.

Is anyone seriously disappointed at where we currently are? Mancini gets the credit for that, just like he would get the boot - like Hughes - if he was failing.

When Ericson left, we got in the guy who, by common consent at that time, was the best 'young' British manager in the Premier League, so just think on about that, anybody who fancies a change. Hughes was way out of his depth. Maybe the critics would like - let me see....... Benitez?

Be thankful for what we've got.
Some people have very very short memories.

People on here who are failing to back Mancini on this fall into one of two catagories.

1. Rag WUM's

2. Petty, small minded individuals who call themselves blues but who are so self-absorbed that they cannot see that Mancini and the club must prevail in this matter come what may. They are allowing their own personal views on Mancini to selfishly override what is in the best interests of the club. It is telling that someone like PB who has always been ambivilant, at best, towards Mancini recognises this because he cares about the club more than being proved right.

Whichever of these two groups you fall in I hold you in equal contempt and if you fall into the latter group you certainly aren't a City fan in any sense that I would understand.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
People on here who are failing to back Mancini on this fall into one of two catagories.

1. Rag WUM's

2. Petty, small minded individuals who call themselves blues but who are so self-absorbed that they cannot see that Mancini and the club must prevail in this matter come what may. They are allowing their own personal views on Mancini to selfishly override what is in the best interests of the club. It is telling that someone like PB who has always been ambivilant, at best, towards Mancini recognises this because he cares about the club more than being proved right.

Whichever of these two groups you fall in I hold you in equal contempt and if you fall into the latter group you certainly aren't a City fan in any sense that I would understand.

I totally agree with you.... It's starting piss me off NOW they either should come out and say they are rags or supports another team, or they need banning who in the right mind would want Mancini out? Sooner or later this board will be full of rags in sheep clothing arguing with each other

moomba said:
intheknow! said:
Mancini has screwed up. I believe Tevez said he wasn't warming up again NOT that he wasn't going to play but because Mancini was flustered, worried, losing the plot because HIS tactics, team selection etc etc had spectacularly flopped and City were being taught a footballing lesson by Bayern. He overreacted and thought Tevez was refusing to play.

Even in the unlikely event that was the case, Tevez is still 100% in the wrong.

If the manager wants you to warm up twice for your £200k a week you fucking well warm up twice.

if he wants you to sing for that money than you better sing

Scooby Blue said:
bluefandk said:
Bluemoon115 said:
No, it's upto him. A key part of his job description is picking the playing squad. So yes, it would stand up in court.

The only way to legally void the statement would be to dismiss Mancini. THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION ON MY PART, JUST AN OBSERVATION.

The only way Tevezs lawyer can void that statement is if they can prove that Tevez didnt refuse to play, if indeed Tevez did refuse to play he is in breach of contract thus giving Mancini cause to dismisss him.

Mancini didnt actually dismiss him with that statement though, Tevez has no right to expect to play only a right to train at the club and to get paid.

To bluefandk:

Mate: just please shut up with your attempts to shout down anyone who sees this situation with a bit more nuance than you can muster.

Point (1):
Fans who do not consider Mancini's post-match rants to be the 100% full monty King James version of the full story are not necessarily Rags or agitators or members of some cabal or Mancini-haters....but simply level-headed City fans trying to make sense of a disappointing evening + working out what are City's realistic options going forward in how to handle a player (tevez) who would clearly rather be somewhere else.

Point (2):
Having personally fought a number of high-profile employment disputes involving multi-year contracts / breach of contract / reputational damages / constructive dismissal etc....the complacency / naivety with which City fans are effectively saying f**k Tevez off / sue him / sack him ....does not square up with modern employment law.
( I prepared a long post earlier...which I decided against posting because I felt it was too long drawn-out + tedious ....but the gist of it would be that Tevez probably has more grounds for pursuing an action vs Man City than vice versa...given the lack of procedure that was observed in RM's post-match comments)

Point (3):
Whilst I appreciate that feelings are running high over the Tevez affair...and the natural instinct is to rally behind the manager...this should not mean that anyone who chooses to raise valid points over RM's managerial "style" is a traitor or somehow "less worthy".
We all want the same thing: City to be successful + there is no-one on this planet who wants City to thrash Blackburn more than I do...but this does not mean that I slavishly believe RM has handled every "personnel" situation that he has been confonted with in the best possible way.

e.g. away from handling the "difficult" players (bellamy / adebayor etc) ... I thought it was rather inept of Mancini to bleat on at every press conference about City's inability to close the deal with Arsenal over signing Samir Nasri.
In what was clearly a stand-off between City / arsenal / Nasri's agents...all Mancini was doing was piling the pressure on City's negotiating team to be the ones that blinked first + gave in to the other's demands (which I think we did in the end).

This was an example of him putting his own livelihood (I want the player no matter how much he costs) ahead of the club's concerns (trying to comply with FFP).
Fergie / wenger / Mourinho / guardiola etc all play this game a bit cuter than RM.

Fantastic post.

intheknow! said:
I've said all along Mancini is not the right manager for City. And I've took abuse on here but I don't care, I feel that more than ever.

Mancini has screwed up. I believe Tevez said he wasn't warming up again NOT that he wasn't going to play but because Mancini was flustered, worried, losing the plot because HIS tactics, team selection etc etc had spectacularly flopped and City were being taught a footballing lesson by Bayern. He overreacted and thought Tevez was refusing to play.

Mancini is a terrible man manager and it's not just Tevez, look at other players who have been jettisoned and how much it's cost the club, all because Mancini doesn't like them!!
If Mancini tells him to warm up 10 times then that is what he must do. He is the manager and that is it. Tevez is (as Souness says) a bad apple but City need to be very careful how they get rid. Let's face it, Tevez is not the main man anymore and he doesn't like it. Nobody has the right to be an automatic choice. It's obvious the players are getting sick of his antics. Thankyou for all you've done over the last 2 years Tevez but you've gone one step to far now.

Scooby Blue said:
bluefandk said:
Bluemoon115 said:
No, it's upto him. A key part of his job description is picking the playing squad. So yes, it would stand up in court.

The only way to legally void the statement would be to dismiss Mancini. THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION ON MY PART, JUST AN OBSERVATION.

The only way Tevezs lawyer can void that statement is if they can prove that Tevez didnt refuse to play, if indeed Tevez did refuse to play he is in breach of contract thus giving Mancini cause to dismisss him.

Mancini didnt actually dismiss him with that statement though, Tevez has no right to expect to play only a right to train at the club and to get paid.

To bluefandk:

Mate: just please shut up with your attempts to shout down anyone who sees this situation with a bit more nuance than you can muster.

Nuance? I dont find hatefull anti Mancini rants to be nuanced, but nobody is trying to prevent you or anybody else from expressing your opinion.

Point (1):
Fans who do not consider Mancini's post-match rants to be the 100% full monty King James version of the full story are not necessarily Rags or agitators or members of some cabal or Mancini-haters....but simply level-headed City fans trying to make sense of a disappointing evening + working out what are City's realistic options going forward in how to handle a player (tevez) who would clearly rather be somewhere else.

Defending Tevez under the current circumstances is only done by people who want to use these circumstances as an excuse to have a go at the maneger

Point (2):
Having personally fought a number of high-profile employment disputes involving multi-year contracts / breach of contract / reputational damages / constructive dismissal etc....the complacency / naivety with which City fans are effectively saying f**k Tevez off / sue him / sack him ....does not square up with modern employment law.
( I prepared a long post earlier...which I decided against posting because I felt it was too long drawn-out + tedious ....but the gist of it would be that Tevez probably has more grounds for pursuing an action vs Man City than vice versa...given the lack of procedure that was observed in RM's post-match comments)

No employee who refuses to do his job will have a leg to stand on in any court.

Point (3):
Whilst I appreciate that feelings are running high over the Tevez affair...and the natural instinct is to rally behind the manager...this should not mean that anyone who chooses to raise valid points over RM's managerial "style" is a traitor or somehow "less worthy".
We all want the same thing: City to be successful + there is no-one on this planet who wants City to thrash Blackburn more than I do...but this does not mean that I slavishly believe RM has handled every "personnel" situation that he has been confonted with in the best possible way.

e.g. away from handling the "difficult" players (bellamy / adebayor etc) ... I thought it was rather inept of Mancini to bleat on at every press conference about City's inability to close the deal with Arsenal over signing Samir Nasri.
In what was clearly a stand-off between City / arsenal / Nasri's agents...all Mancini was doing was piling the pressure on City's negotiating team to be the ones that blinked first + gave in to the other's demands (which I think we did in the end).

This was an example of him putting his own livelihood (I want the player no matter how much he costs) ahead of the club's concerns (trying to comply with FFP).
Fergie / wenger / Mourinho / guardiola etc all play this game a bit cuter than RM.

We get it you dont like Mancini and no matter what he does you wont like it, but here is the point any maneger will be judged on results and on results only.

And Mancini has had fantastic results.

Tevez's actions, if as painted, are of course unforgiveable, but two questions are in my mind I'm afraid. I'm out of the City loop on hoiliday, but reading the papers, and of course I watched the game.

1) Why the fuck is Tevez still at the club after all the problems he's caused? Someone with sense would have seen this coming a mile off.

2) What the fuck did the manager think he would achieve going public with this mess staright after the game? Yet again he's lost his cool and it's cost us. As well as the club looking divided, I reckon that's cost us 20 mill.

We are still a fucking Ferrari being driven by a bunch of old ladies, and I'm absolutely sick of it. Sick of it. This club needs leadership. If Abu Dhabi get this Chief Exec appointment wrong I'm afraid I'm going to start to believe they've got very deep pockets and very little football nous.

Come on ADUG, come on Khaldoon. Sort this mess out and let's get on with this project.

In answer to didsbury, my suspicions are

1. That he is still here, against the wishes of RM, and at the wishes of our owner, though I suspect that will change now.

2. The manager didn't need to go public with it at the end of the game, it was already public, even in the stadium we were getting text messages from home about it, long before the final whistle. He had to answer the inevitible questions at the press conference. I'm not sure he "lost his cool" as such, just replied honestly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.