Mancini's future

“I have a contract for this year and another year. I try to work always hard. When I finish my contract if the club is happy we can talk about this. I would like to stay here until we have built the new training facility [the Etihad Campus is due to open in 2015]. I would like to see it. I would like to stay.

"When you start to build a new team like Manchester City, you have many chances to win trophies over the next years. To manage a club like City is fantastic for me. It’s good. Both me and the club should be happy.”

any things happen the loss is on man city.
mancini man management led to loss of about 4/5 million on bellamy.5/6 million on adebayor and now tevez .
i think the loss is about 20 million.as his price will drop about 20 million in january.this might be the reason city administrators find it difficult to sell players.
having said that i still support mancini.he must be given full authority.may be this will benifit city in long term.

Still so angry about Wednesday and I just couldn’t ever figure out where to post with all the threads going on, but I suppose it will be here, since I am stoutly standing behind Roberto Mancini – period. I apologize to all Blues for some of the tone of this, but I remain angry because we should just be talking about Blackburn at this point and not all this garbage.

bluearrow said:
I'm having second thoughts about his tenure. Have his man mnagaement skills shone during the whole tevez affair? I think not.
Are you watching what is happening? Have you watched the pathetic drama that has infected the last two years? Unbelievable to me, personally speaking, that someone can question Roberto Mancini’s handling of Carlos Tevez in any way shape or form in the face of the facts of Tevez’s behavior. He’s wearing a Man City shirt. City, man. Manchester Fucking City Football Club. Respect the shirt and all those who have fought in the wars down the years (many of these lads in times that were nowhere near as bright as these). Respect the fans as well, who shell out their cash and sing out your name, year after year. For me, at this point, there is no fucking way I want to see Carlos in the shirt ever again. Not if that shirt means what I believe in my heart it means. All I want to see is the back side of him – and I was a HUGE HUGE supporter of his. Talented he may be, but a professional footballer he’s not.

If Tevez was irritated Wednesday because he was asked to warm up a second time, then he can fuck off. I’ve seen countless footballers asked to warm up twice, and there’s nothing wrong with it. In the grand scheme of things at the end of the day, this behavior on the part of Tevez is nothing new and Mancini has offered Carlos a million olive branches and served up chance after chance for Tevez to grasp the reins of this club, player-wise, as captain and leader. Instead, it seems to me that Carlos would rather grab something else and it’s in his pants. Good riddance, jack off. You are not bigger than this club. Nobody is. It’s CITY till I die, not INSERT PLAYER NAME until I die.

remoh said:
While Tevez' action cannot be excused, many people may be wondering about Mancini's player-management skills considering the lengthening list of top-class players who have either left the Club for peanuts or gone out on loan with City subsidising our competitor's good luck. The financial cost is staggering, not to mention the loss of quality players.
First off, are you talking about Bellamy? Ade? Santa Cruz? Jo? Boetang? WHO? None of these are good enough to play for this side right now. We lost to Bayren Munich Wednesday because we are still not good enough or coherent enough. If you think any of these “top-class players who have left the club” would have been the answer Wednesday to make us good enough, then God help you. Also, the amount of money that comes our way or goes somewhere else is not Mancini’s affair – it is that of the club. Yes he asks for players, but the club decides what player movement takes place at Manchester City, not Roberto Mancini.

Secondly here, if Mancini wanted any of the players I have named above out, then I like him even better. He’s not trying to be as good as Everton or Spuds, he’s trying to be as good as the teams that win Championships right now – Barca, United and the like.

As for Tevez (or our suddenly-contrite friend Edin Dzeko) or whoever wants to get pissed off with it because Mancini subbed them out, notice what Mancini always says when this issue rises. He usually says how he completely understands that any player would be irritated to be subbed out:

“Eez normaal for player to be angry to come off, but every player not play well every game because theees ees not possible to have good game very game”.

Anyone who watched Mancini perform as a player (and if you didn’t there are vids available on Youtube) knows he played with style and class, and always with great passion. I believe this man respects his players and their motivations and expectations and emotions because these things likely still flicker in him. I also think he is well aware who the boss is and is more than happy, as this club evolves, to point that boss out - - -> Himself. I like this in a manager. In my experience, the best coaches get the best out of the best team when they are hard men. Gooey,warm, fun managers can take a team just so far, but the taskmasters are usually the ones who consistently win silverware over a long career. I’m not saying that being tough is the end-all, but rather that a guy who’s got the goods will more likely end up with a long career of solid success if he rules with an iron hand.

Also, I can’t for the life of me get me head round the comments I have read all over these boards that Mancini has mis-managed things with Tevez this season by not playing him more. Tevez is obviously deep into the pies lately or whatever, and he was in no shape to play, physically. MORE IMPORTANTLY, I will simply point to our record so far this season and then mention that Aguero and Dzeko sit second and third comfortably in the goal scoring table in the English Premier League. Why should Roberto Mancini give Tevez any preferential treatment based on history when other players are off to such a hot start? You can say “Dzeko has cooled off” or whatever you want, but if I was the Manager of MCFC right now, Carlos Tevez would not be my first or second (or possibly even third) choice for a striker. That’s before Tevez refused to do whatever he refused to do when told on Wednesday by Roberto Mancini, his manager.

Somewhere, earlier in the season, I posted that I thought strongly that Tevez would not fit in on this club anymore, because he can’t stand the idea of not being the most important player in the side. I said that after watching several matches where Dzeko and Aguero scored goals upon goals and smiled and looked all the part of TEAM-MATES to the other players. I still believe this, and I believe that this is why, after supposedly getting the family thing sorted, he was still not happy here at MCFC. He wants to be the center of attention. Hence, his comments in the press since Wednesday about how he doesn’t have the support of the Manager. “Oh, I put in a transfer request, then withdrew it, then bitched and moaned about Manchester, then basically demanded to be moved in the summer, and then I changed my mind again and I want to play now. Why isn’t everybody happy? Weren't you all waiting on bended knee for me to choose to stay here? Why won’t Bobby Manc put me in the squad? What have I done?”

Mercenaries at Manchester City, as the press so often say? Not really. I see a lot of new faces who seem happy to be a part of the program and a lot of old ones who are ready to take the next steps as the club evolves toward higher and higher levels of greatness. Amidst them, I see a single Mercenary who has been one his entire career – Carlos Tevez. Actually, hopefully I won’t be seeing him anytime soon. Hopefully the board will remain firm in their support of the manager. If we’re gonna be as huge as I want us to be, the Manager needs to call all shots, not some needy, greedy player.

Roberto Mancini is settled in and comfortable at Manchester City, and I believe we are a better side for it. Put away the knee-jerk reactions and put Tevez out to pasture. After that, put your faith in Roberto Mancini. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

CTID!

mancini is untouchable for me...at least a year after the success last season

tevez is the common problem here unfortunately

MotownBlue said:
Still so angry about Wednesday and I just couldn’t ever figure out where to post with all the threads going on, but I suppose it will be here, since I am stoutly standing behind Roberto Mancini – period. I apologize to all Blues for some of the tone of this, but I remain angry because we should just be talking about Blackburn at this point and not all this garbage.

bluearrow said:
I'm having second thoughts about his tenure. Have his man mnagaement skills shone during the whole tevez affair? I think not.
Are you watching what is happening? Have you watched the pathetic drama that has infected the last two years? Unbelievable to me, personally speaking, that someone can question Roberto Mancini’s handling of Carlos Tevez in any way shape or form in the face of the facts of Tevez’s behavior. He’s wearing a Man City shirt. City, man. Manchester Fucking City Football Club. Respect the shirt and all those who have fought in the wars down the years (many of these lads in times that were nowhere near as bright as these). Respect the fans as well, who shell out their cash and sing out your name, year after year. For me, at this point, there is no fucking way I want to see Carlos in the shirt ever again. Not if that shirt means what I believe in my heart it means. All I want to see is the back side of him – and I was a HUGE HUGE supporter of his. Talented he may be, but a professional footballer he’s not.

If Tevez was irritated Wednesday because he was asked to warm up a second time, then he can fuck off. I’ve seen countless footballers asked to warm up twice, and there’s nothing wrong with it. In the grand scheme of things at the end of the day, this behavior on the part of Tevez is nothing new and Mancini has offered Carlos a million olive branches and served up chance after chance for Tevez to grasp the reins of this club, player-wise, as captain and leader. Instead, it seems to me that Carlos would rather grab something else and it’s in his pants. Good riddance, jack off. You are not bigger than this club. Nobody is. It’s CITY till I die, not INSERT PLAYER NAME until I die.

remoh said:
While Tevez' action cannot be excused, many people may be wondering about Mancini's player-management skills considering the lengthening list of top-class players who have either left the Club for peanuts or gone out on loan with City subsidising our competitor's good luck. The financial cost is staggering, not to mention the loss of quality players.
First off, are you talking about Bellamy? Ade? Santa Cruz? Jo? Boetang? WHO? None of these are good enough to play for this side right now. We lost to Bayren Munich Wednesday because we are still not good enough or coherent enough. If you think any of these “top-class players who have left the club” would have been the answer Wednesday to make us good enough, then God help you. Also, the amount of money that comes our way or goes somewhere else is not Mancini’s affair – it is that of the club. Yes he asks for players, but the club decides what player movement takes place at Manchester City, not Roberto Mancini.

Secondly here, if Mancini wanted any of the players I have named above out, then I like him even better. He’s not trying to be as good as Everton or Spuds, he’s trying to be as good as the teams that win Championships right now – Barca, United and the like.

As for Tevez (or our suddenly-contrite friend Edin Dzeko) or whoever wants to get pissed off with it because Mancini subbed them out, notice what Mancini always says when this issue rises. He usually says how he completely understands that any player would be irritated to be subbed out:

“Eez normaal for player to be angry to come off, but every player not play well every game because theees ees not possible to have good game very game”.

Anyone who watched Mancini perform as a player (and if you didn’t there are vids available on Youtube) knows he played with style and class, and always with great passion. I believe this man respects his players and their motivations and expectations and emotions because these things likely still flicker in him. I also think he is well aware who the boss is and is more than happy, as this club evolves, to point that boss out - - -> Himself. I like this in a manager. In my experience, the best coaches get the best out of the best team when they are hard men. Gooey,warm, fun managers can take a team just so far, but the taskmasters are usually the ones who consistently win silverware over a long career. I’m not saying that being tough is the end-all, but rather that a guy who’s got the goods will more likely end up with a long career of solid success if he rules with an iron hand.

Also, I can’t for the life of me get me head round the comments I have read all over these boards that Mancini has mis-managed things with Tevez this season by not playing him more. Tevez is obviously deep into the pies lately or whatever, and he was in no shape to play, physically. MORE IMPORTANTLY, I will simply point to our record so far this season and then mention that Aguero and Dzeko sit second and third comfortably in the goal scoring table in the English Premier League. Why should Roberto Mancini give Tevez any preferential treatment based on history when other players are off to such a hot start? You can say “Dzeko has cooled off” or whatever you want, but if I was the Manager of MCFC right now, Carlos Tevez would not be my first or second (or possibly even third) choice for a striker. That’s before Tevez refused to do whatever he refused to do when told on Wednesday by Roberto Mancini, his manager.

Somewhere, earlier in the season, I posted that I thought strongly that Tevez would not fit in on this club anymore, because he can’t stand the idea of not being the most important player in the side. I said that after watching several matches where Dzeko and Aguero scored goals upon goals and smiled and looked all the part of TEAM-MATES to the other players. I still believe this, and I believe that this is why, after supposedly getting the family thing sorted, he was still not happy here at MCFC. He wants to be the center of attention. Hence, his comments in the press since Wednesday about how he doesn’t have the support of the Manager. “Oh, I put in a transfer request, then withdrew it, then bitched and moaned about Manchester, then basically demanded to be moved in the summer, and then I changed my mind again and I want to play now. Why isn’t everybody happy? Weren't you all waiting on bended knee for me to choose to stay here? Why won’t Bobby Manc put me in the squad? What have I done?”

Mercenaries at Manchester City, as the press so often say? Not really. I see a lot of new faces who seem happy to be a part of the program and a lot of old ones who are ready to take the next steps as the club evolves toward higher and higher levels of greatness. Amidst them, I see a single Mercenary who has been one his entire career – Carlos Tevez. Actually, hopefully I won’t be seeing him anytime soon. Hopefully the board will remain firm in their support of the manager. If we’re gonna be as huge as I want us to be, the Manager needs to call all shots, not some needy, greedy player.

Roberto Mancini is settled in and comfortable at Manchester City, and I believe we are a better side for it. Put away the knee-jerk reactions and put Tevez out to pasture. After that, put your faith in Roberto Mancini. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

CTID!

An excellent post.

MotownBlue said:
Anyone who watched Mancini perform as a player (and if you didn’t there are vids available on Youtube) knows he played with style and class, and always with great passion.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bbyVs8gHts[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKbYca--bE0[/youtube]

Mancini shows that some of that inner fire right here:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-cSu5WfD1k[/youtube]

bluearrow wrote:

remoh wrote:

CTID!

My feelings exactly! Only much better expressed than I could have managed.

Chick Counterfly said:
Displays of emotion and public conflict make a certain sort of person deeply uncomfortable.

You think this is a smokescreen? It's who he is. It's so far from a sign of weakness it's untrue. He's swinging his balls around, tackling the issue fearlessly. That's what offends.

He will say how he feels and risk it all. But only when he thinks he can win.
Or when he doesn't think losing is acceptable any more.

You think he cares that City might lose 5m, 10m on the deal?

City have tried and tried to get value on this deal, and ended up continuing to accommodate a player who is disruptive to the team, and whose actions and presence severely damages the name and image of the club.

Mancini correctly knows that the image of a strong club is priceless.

Everyone in football implicitly knows the difference between the patsies and the tough cookies, the difference between those clubs who have a bit of self respect, and which don't.

Think about the value of 'image', before coming up with ever more irrelevant suppositions on how we ought to cower in the face of employment law.

It would all go through CAS, and they don't cancel contracts because people aren't getting picked or because managers shout the odds at players.

Mancini could be said to be acting unfairly if he said he intended to ruin Tevez by not picking him and refusing to allow him to leave. And if it was his decision.

Otherwise, he's just making the same decision as every other manager who has said a certain player is no longer part of his plans.

Not one of them has ever ended up in court.

sense on the forum at last.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.