Mancini's selection and tactics

franksinatra said:
Freestyler said:
crystal_mais said:
abit of an over reaction here.

maybe, but 70% of the above is spot on.

70% spot on. Are you serious??

He needs to go, he seems to be completely lost atm.

We should sack a manager ten games after we have won our first chamiponship in ten years.

He won titles, but let's face it, it was about fuc*ing time to win the Premier League with a roster like that.

About time!!! he had two full season in charge with a team not even likely to qualify for a champs lge place. First full season year third and FA Cup. Second year Champions that is a dramatic acceleration of our fortunes. If we had a good roster it was due to Mancinis signings.

You can blame players as long as you want, but when the team underperforms constantly, it's manager's fault.

Constantly underperform. We havent been beaten at home for nearly two years in the lge and are the champions of our domestic league. Yes we really are continually underperforming.

City looked like an average club.

Yes an average club competing against Dortumnd in the Champions league. Average clubs dont become champions of the premier league.

Mancini not special

He has won trophies at every club he has managed. You can argue he isnt as good as a Mourinho etc but he is anything but average.

Just embarrassing any City fan would agree with such a stupid post.

what?

i agree with everything, apart from sacking him. He's got this season to prove himself now, after that well he'll be in the firing line.

Danielmanc said:
bapi said:
I'll say this again: we are moving backwards since that second-half at Stamford Bridge in December. Before that we were pressing high and everything but I didn't see since that match. And when you have to play against teams like Real or Dortmund with their high line... What will happen? Yes, these teams will create a lot of chances. You can't be that slow in midfield, make short passes and hope your opponent will wait. And we'll see something similar against Ajax. You'll see.

Mate, if we are moving backwards since last DECEMBER then at least we won the PL for the first time in 44 years during our decline !

When you made 38 points from your first 14 matches... But yes, I'll say this again and again: we're moving backwards since that match.

franksinatra said:
Freestyler said:
crystal_mais said:
abit of an over reaction here.

We should sack a manager ten games after we have won our first chamiponship in ten years.

He won titles, but let's face it, it was about fuc*ing time to win the Premier League with a roster like that.

About time!!! he had two full season in charge with a team not even likely to qualify for a champs lge place. First full season year third and FA Cup. Second year Champions that is a dramatic acceleration of our fortunes. If we had a good roster it was due to Mancinis signings.

You can blame players as long as you want, but when the team underperforms constantly, it's manager's fault.

Constantly underperform. We havent been beaten at home for nearly two years in the lge and are the champions of our domestic league. Yes we really are continually underperforming.

Yes an average club competing against Dortumnd in the Champions league. Average clubs dont become champions of the premier league.

Mancini not special

He has won trophies at every club he has managed. You can argue he isnt as good as a Mourinho etc but he is anything but average.

I think Mancio has lost his way, but I do agree with you that he has earned the right to manage for the entire season. Not much point in bringing in a new manager at this juncture, unless, I suppose, he's on sabbatical and floating around out there...But okay, Mancio has time to steady the ship, but to go out in the CL Group stage again will mean that he probably has to win the league. If we do go out of the CL early, I hope we finish last and miss all of those Thursday night Eurodisney fixtures in God-forsaken and very distant Euro outposts. I know this, however, and that is any manager on the planet can lose his position very quickly, even in-season, if he loses the dressing room.

Having thought about this, would Balotelli have been a better option than Dzeko to play off the shoulder of the central defenders? He's better at that than Dzeko in my opinion.

Dzeko seems at his best when he's running between the centre-backs onto a diagonal ball to his feet or when the ball is coming in from the flanks.

Blue Heaven said:
franksinatra said:
Freestyler said:

Mancini not special

I think Mancio has lost his way, but I do agree with you that he has earned the right to manage for the entire season. Not much point in bringing in a new manager at this juncture, unless, I suppose, he's on sabbatical and floating around out there...But okay, Mancio has time to steady the ship, but to go out in the CL Group stage again will mean that he probably has to win the league. If we do go out of the CL early, I hope we finish last and miss all of those Thursday night Eurodisney fixtures in God-forsaken and very distant Euro outposts. I know this, however, and that is any manager on the planet can lose his position very quickly, even in-season, if he loses the dressing room.

Well I personally hope that is not the case. In the Premier league and Champs league we are competing against a number of world class teams. We have no divine right to win either trophy and if he gets sacked the first year he is unsuccessful (like United were last year) it would be a sad day for the football club.

Quite amazing how all these theories about losing the dressing room surface after a bad result or two or losing the plot. One of the poorest performaers this season has been Kompany and he has just committed to City for a number of years with Mancini as manager. Similarly so has David Silva. Once those type of players start reproducing there best form we will return to the side that won at Newcastle beat United and clinched the championship. Nothing significant has changed with the exception of players form.

Too many people on this forum has preconceived ideas about Mancini (Not referring this to you) and so when we have a blip (a draw with the German Champions) its used as a brush to beat him with. Such as he is tactically a failure in Europe... well so is Wenger and the vast majority of other managers as few managers have lifted the euro cup.

Were lucky to have him and as yet were still unbeaten in the Premiership. Some crisis.

Freestyler said:
franksinatra said:
Freestyler said:

Mancini not special

what?

i agree with everything, apart from sacking him. He's got this season to prove himself now, after that well he'll be in the firing line.

So you agree we look an average club. The team is constsantly underperforming. It was about time we won the the league even though when he took over we were drawing with the likes of Hull, conceding three at home to Burnley, Sunderland, Bolton away and finished tenth/eleventh the previous season.

I didnt even mention the piss poor build up play. We must have created 5 or 6 clear cut chances against the German champions. Defensively we werent at our best but piss poor build up play. The comments are laughable.

Furthermore two trophies in two season has more than proved himself at this club.

Comrade Buka said:
Blue Heaven said:
I know this, however, and that is any manager on the planet can lose his position very quickly, even in-season, if he loses the dressing room.

Which some might think is the reason why we are playing so poorly.

Which might be why I tapped that out on my keyboard. However, I believe the greater danger for Mancio is falling out badly with the owner and Chairman. I'll be fascinated to observe Ferran Soriano as our day-to-day onsite leader. Brilliant career at Barca, and very, very close to the Pep, currently "on sabbatical" or so they say.

To be fair and rational for a moment, I suspect that if we had played Galatasaray & Cluj, and Man U had played Real Madrid & Dortmund, then we'd have 4 or 6 points and everyone would be happy ... while United would have only a point (if that) and Fergie's head would be on the chopping block.

I know it's easy to make excuses and we're far from our best, but playing Real Madrid & Dortmund as your first 2 games is pretty tough - don't think we should be talking about sacking a manager because we didn't win either of those.

Obviously, the Ajax games are vital now - 2 wins and we are back in it (though we would still probably find we have to win the last game in Dortmund) - 2 defeats and Mancini will be gone.

Just a little fact about CL experience - Dortmund's XI played in 60 CL matches and 7 of them are under 25 years. But here Clichy alone played in 47 CL games. Yaya in 40, Nasri 34 and Kun, Silva, Kompany and Javi Garcia played in 20+ CL matches too. Sorry but nobody can say City are not experienced enough, that they need to few years to learn in CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.