Mancini's selection and tactics

nehe11 said:
Even if Mancini don´t win a trophy this year(CS aside) I still like to see him in charge next year.

Another season of disappointment,bewilderment,frustration but worst of all,boring,predictable football,no thank you.

moomba said:
Have individuals go out there performing like ours did and it worst matter what tactics you play.

Tonight showed the folly of not getting a replacement in for Balotelli, I looked at the changes that needed to be made and we were woefully short of options.

Yeah like never use Sinclair or Suarez and instead of them have Barry and four fullbacks on the pitch! Never his fault, right?!

moomba said:
Have individuals go out there performing like ours did and it worst matter what tactics you play.

Tonight showed the folly of not getting a replacement in for Balotelli, I looked at the changes that needed to be made and we were woefully short of options.

So very true and the average signing we made in the summer did not bode well fro this season regardless of the manager. We needed ti improve our squad..we didnt, we weakend it.

moomba said:

Lol,what about our midfield options??? thats the real culprit of our regression.

Mario contributed next to nothing,that really is a poor excuse.

FantasyIreland said:
nehe11 said:
Even if Mancini don´t win a trophy this year(CS aside) I still like to see him in charge next year.

Another season of disappointment,bewilderment,frustration but worst of all,boring,predictable football,no thank you.

I know only a Premier League last year and an FA Cup the year before, awful.

There's no point getting depressed. This is a re-run of 1969 when we couldn't retain the league. There are some harsh lessons tonight which are as follows:

1. Barry (who has been superb) is past his sell-by date at 31.
2. Joe Hart needs some competition, perhaps Begovich
3.Garcia is not a centre back at any costs (may still be ok for holding role)
4.Nasri is a man with no heart and needs to be sold asap.
5.Aguero looks unhappy. He is a genius but needs some support off the field.
6.We must sign some players with real pace..especially midfield
7.We have probably seen the bestof Ya Ya (much as I love him)
8.Lescott has been great but is also not worth another contract.

We need to re-build in the summer. It's not the end of the world and we can still win the FA Cup. On the positive side the City fans sounded superb tonight.
Keep the faith. City till I die.

His selection today wasn't the problem. Perhaps you could argue Milner should start instead of Nasri but that is beside the point.

You can have Aguero, Ronaldo and Messi all playing with Banks in goal and Baresi and Beckenbauer marshaling the defence if the players don't work, concentrate and show any bottle then you will lose.

Southampton have just shown us up and Liverpool showed us up fortunately they are shite at the back.

We have too many players who are weak mentally and when we concede early they go to pieces. Too many players tonight didn't want the ball and were happy to give it to someone else, almost as if "don't give it to me if I fuck up the whole world will see it".

I know we showed great spirit and battle to come back and win the way we did last year but once in a "blue moon" isn't good enough. The rags have shown year after year no matter who they drop in to play they aren't effected that much. You have to credit bacon for that as much as he is a cnut, mentally there aren't many teams stronger than the rags.

LoveCity said:
Doesn't seem to have the tactical ability to work out parked buses and high pressing mobile teams. The player personnel is part to blame but the structure of the squad is of his choosing, he had a bottomless wallet for several windows and could have bought wingers, fast midfielders, anything he wanted really.

That is really not an accurate assessment of Mancinis tenure nor the truth..

Bobby's tactics are flawless.
They are the result of a long elaboration process.

mancio2.jpg

bobbyowenquiff said:
There's no point getting depressed. This is a re-run of 1969 when we couldn't retain the league. There are some harsh lessons tonight which are as follows:

1. Barry (who has been superb) is past his sell-by date at 31.
2. Joe Hart needs some competition, perhaps Begovich
3.Garcia is not a centre back at any costs (may still be ok for holding role)
4.Nasri is a man with no heart and needs to be sold asap.
5.Aguero looks unhappy. He is a genius but needs some support off the field.
6.We must sign some players with real pace..especially midfield
7.We have probably seen the bestof Ya Ya (much as I love him)
8.Lescott has been great but is also not worth another contract.

We need to re-build in the summer. It's not the end of the world and we can still win the FA Cup. On the positive side the City fans sounded superb tonight.
Keep the faith. City till I die.

Absolutely Spot on.

Calm down, Calm down.

In short you only ever learn when things go wrong. Tonight, however awful it was to witness, has taught us all, players, fans and management alike, that hard work will always out-perform lazy talent.

Southampton's display was the best example of a team being better than the sum of their parts I've seen for a while, but it is not unique. All top sides get lulled into false senses of security from time to time and today was ours.

What didn't help either was the international break and the Toure's late arrival.

I am sure that this week will see good analysis of today's debacle and an improved performance v Leeds.

Once again don't panic as 18 of the other 19 Premier League teams would swap their position with ours now in a flash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.