Mancini's selection and tactics

glen quagmire said:
Mancini is a joke. We will never win anything with this tool in charge. Redknapp is free now isn't he? Now there is a triffic manager......

Or Pep Guardiola....<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:58 pm --<br /><br />
Danielmanc said:
Ray78 said:
What will be the deciding factor of Mancini is our performance in the Champions League. Get out of the group and his position will be a lot more secure. Bomb out of the groups, then the pressure on us retaining the title will be a lot greater.

I think his position is secure whatever happens this season. We won't win something every year.

Champions League is Bobby's Achilles heel.

MSP said:
His medals cabinet obviously proves he's top manager but some of his decisions make you think he's an amateur sometimes.

His history and position proves he is a winner. The fact that we are on a footie forum, not managing a PL team, proves that WE are the amatuers.

I think Khaldoon and Sheikh Mansour have their doubts too, hence why he only got a 5 rather than 6 year deal. They clearly don't trust him.

Danielmanc said:
MSP said:
His medals cabinet obviously proves he's top manager but some of his decisions make you think he's an amateur sometimes.

His history and position proves he is a winner. The fact that we are on a footie forum, not managing a PL team, proves that WE are the amatuers.

I agree, my managerial experience is only on a computer game so I am out on that one.

Unfortunately he is in a tinkering phase at the moment.

He needs to go back to the team that played the last eight games of last seaon and won the title, with one or two new additions thrown in.

The longer he keeps on chopping and changing, the longer the eratic performances will contuinue.

Danielmanc said:
MSP said:

My post says similar things and I'm surely an amateur. Doesn't stop me to think that some decisions are strange at least. That's why I am on forums - to express my thoughts :)

The only thing he got wrong today was that he took Dzeko off when he should have taken Aguero off.

Manager not responsible for players not going for the kill. The mistakes were not tactical, they were all to do with decision-making and lack of composure in front of goal.

Okay, only just logged onto bluemoon so not read any posts yet. I'm sure it's been said to death, but Mancini cost us the 3 points by taking Dzeko off (our best player today) instead of Aguero (who was clearly dead on his feet). Dzeko was always an outlet and was making some fantastic runs. As soon as Dzeko went off, the ball just kept coming back. It was inevitable they would score.

Marvin said:
The only thing he got wrong today was that he took Dzeko off when he should have taken Aguero off.

Manager not responsible for players not going for the kill. The mistakes were not tactical, they were all to do with decision-making and lack of composure in front of goal.

I agree that the decision to leave Aguero on and take Dzeko off was nonsensical.

Tricky_Trev said:
Okay, only just logged onto bluemoon so not read any posts yet. I'm sure it's been said to death, but Mancini cost us the 3 points by taking Dzeko off (our best player today) instead of Aguero (who was clearly dead on his feet). Dzeko was always an outlet and was making some fantastic runs. As soon as Dzeko went off, the ball just kept coming back. It was inevitable they would score.
Was not inevitable they would score. They only had one shot on target in the 2nd half until the corner which led to the goal

But we were asking for trouble by not killing them off. We're too wasteful at the moment with the final shot/final ball. Missed Nasri today as Silva was off his game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.