Mancini's selection and tactics

For me taking Dzeko off for Tevez was the biggest mistake today. I would rather have seen either Silva or Aguero coming off.

Also, i know rotation is a big part of the game now, but so is partnerships and understanding. There's been so much chopping and changing, partly due to injuries and disrupted pre-seasons, things don't seem to be connecting as well as they did last season (i'm sure also down to Silva's lack of form and the absence/lack of fitness from Barry).

But it's a little worrying how Liverpool, Arsenal and Real Madrid have all dominated our midfield for long periods. Hopfeully once Garcia settles more, Barry gets back to fitness and Rodwell develops a little, we'll compete a bit better.

pee dubya said:
For me taking Dzeko off for Tevez was the biggest mistake today. I would rather have seen either Silva or Aguero coming off.

Also, i know rotation is a big part of the game now, but so is partnerships and understanding. There's been so much chopping and changing, partly due to injuries and disrupted pre-seasons, things don't seem to be connecting as well as they did last season (i'm sure also down to Silva's lack of form and the absence/lack of fitness from Barry).

But it's a little worrying how Liverpool, Arsenal and Real Madrid have all dominated our midfield for long periods. Hopfeully once Garcia settles more, Barry gets back to fitness and Rodwell develops a little, we'll compete a bit better.

Your first paragraph is fucking bang on

cookster said:
Simple question do you think Mancini's makes the team greater than the sum of its parts?

I think we have the best squad in the league; stronger than last year with Tevez for a full season and five quality new arrivals.

Anything less than top 2 and Champs League quarter finals should be classed as failure.

Yet some people will say that your team is nowhere that strong to reach CL finals or such. I'd like to ask that people to explain me how in earth a team like Porto managed to win CL with their squad or how it's possible that some other teams (which had notably weaker team) got so far in the CL.

The truth is that many of you are downplaying your chances just because you don't have a huge (recent) history like your neighbors. It's a mentality issue.

However, City has one of the greatest squads in Europe and it will be a shame that you don't reach the second round. The way you played last year in the CL, that was a disgrace. You were outplayed by Bayern which I might accept, but Napoli? No way, neither they are more experienced, nor they have a better team. Yet they looked much better than you.

I'll give credits for that mainly your great manager Bobby who is a good manager, but nothing more than that. I personally think that he lacks authority and some basic principles. It's ok for me that he likes some players (Aguero, Tevez, Balo - similar mentality; furhtermore, Balo is Italian) more than others (Dzeko), but what I don't like are his double standards for some players. While some players get 1000 new chances, others can pack their things after they slip up one time.

I don't see him as a world-class manager, I just don't. One would say that the players need more time together to get know each other, but come on guys, who are you kidding here? The squad hasn't changed so much in the past two years. The key players are the same, yet you're playing harder as the time goes by instead of improving. That is a fact, don't deny it.

Yes, you won the Premier League, but with the oppositions you had to face in the last year, for me it was a must. You have the strongest team, but Mancini is just not good enough to create that winning mentality like Ferguson can to with rags.

I really hope that Mancini will go (not because of Dzeko, he will probably leave the club) and that someone will come who can use the whole potential of the players you have. I know that this team is capable of doing amazing things, it just needs some guidance.

cheers

panzer1311 said:
Roberto Mancini has supplied me with my two greatest moments in football in 45 yrs
so if anybody wants to call him , its a punch up on Mercer way next home game .........ok?

Let's be honest here, that was not Mancini, it was Mr Mansour bin Zayed.

cookster said:
Simple question do you think Mancini's makes the team greater than the sum of its parts?

I think we have the best squad in the league; stronger than last year with Tevez for a full season and five quality new arrivals.

Anything less than top 2 and Champs League quarter finals should be classed as failure.

I didn't see their quality yet.

In the midfield, I only saw the quality of Yaya, Abo Diaby & Santi Cazolra, the rest were average to below average.

Exactly what are the tactics? We were an unstoppable juggernaut at the business end of last season. What in gods name has happened since. Make no mistake we are a hundred miles below that standard at the moment. We won the title by dominating possession and conceding next to nothing at the back. We are the polar opposite at the moment.

B\connellblue said:
Exactly what are the tactics? We were an unstoppable juggernaut at the business end of last season. What in gods name has happened since. Make no mistake we are a hundred miles below that standard at the moment. We won the title by dominating possession and conceding next to nothing at the back. We are the polar opposite at the moment.

as i say he's trying to fix something that wasn't broke.

He's costing us points,all this unneeded tinkering is destabilising the team - resting players after 5 games??

If he carries on fucking about we will win fuck all this season.

Play your best players in their best positions in our best formation - is it really that difficult?

I've said all along,he isn't the man for us,that feeling is getting stronger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.