Mancini's selection and tactics

John.des said:
We really have to make two sides of Mancini: domestic side and his European side.

Domestically he was very good at Inter winning leagues and cups. Their closest rival was As Roma with a lot weaker squad than Inter's. So that adds a little bit to the fact that wasnt so impressive league wins (3 times). (Milan wasnt performing well in the league under Ancelotti but they compensated it with CL success. While Juventus was sent to Serie B).

In Europe he failed with Inter but now we probably would accept that kind of fail he never got to the semis of CL but two or three times he reached the quarter finals.
Which is a fail because Inter had one of the biggest squad in Europe were winning Italian league so they wanted a big European success of course.

Dont think Mancini is any different at City. But there is one big thing. The rivals domestically. If Inter would have as strong rivals as United, Chelsea, Arsenal in that times Mancini wouldnt win the league 3 times in a row. AS Roma was about as strong then as Arsenal now! In England that time they would fight for top four not the league.

In Europe Mancini's track record with City is clearly shit so far.
Dinamo Kijev at first, then the CL group fail then Sporting.
If he adds another CL group stage fail, well that is very rare that a team with such a strong squad cant even make the second stage two times in a row.

The problem would be that if he doesnt do it domestically so he wouldnt win the league. And with rivals like this it is very possible. You can compensate a worse league performance with a better CL performance maybe a good FA-Cup run.

I dont see how Mancini could compensate anything with a good CL run (semifinals at least). It is the other way around as it always was with him.
At Inter Moratti's (owner) patience was running out with him he was winning the league with no CL success. Or no improvement after previous campaign.
But he got another year because he won the league. And then again. But in the end he had to go.

There are reverse coaches. Rafa Benítez. He never had the squad to win the league with Liverpool.
But that Liverpool with that squad reached two CL finals and once they won it!

(In the end Fergie's mind games worked on Rafa and made him nearly a fool man in depression. But that is another story.)

Steady on...!!

Two years: Three trophies and counting...

its too early to be pessimistic.we re undefeated at home.a point is not a bad result after all. last season taught us that

Get A Grip

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ac-pDy8ZXg&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ac-pDy8 ... re=related</a>

I don't lie Mancini's strange selection again Real. He used a play only 19 years old and make his debuts against giants Real Madrid?

You can`t win important games like Arsenal when you keep changing the team around i.e 4 4 2, 4 3 3, 3 3 4 ..players will never get to know each other the way they would do if they played together more often....

I think Mancini got the Dzeko sub all wrong and it changed the course of the second half. He was right to change formation at half time and bring Rodwell on and I'm pleased that he made that change for SS because on another day he'd have taken off a centre forward.

Difficult to criticise him too much when we collectively underperformed and gave the ball away so fucking cheaply so often.

I thought the performance was good until the final killer pass. Even then we still created enough chances against a good team to win it twice over. Aguero missed some good chances. Dzeko and Sinclair were unlucky to be subbed. Tactically Sinclair/Rodwell worked well, but I'd have taken a tiring Aguero off instead of Dzeko

On the plus side we are playing better than anyone else in the League and have another gear to go into, on the debit side we have had a few weeks to slip into that gear and have so far failed to do so

Abit confused with some of his selections.

Stoke - Would have had Dzeko start
Madrid - Maicon/Nasri - instead of Zabba and Milner
Arsenal - I would have started with Tevez & Dzeko and then give Aguero 35 mins

Really confused with the Dzeko/Tevez sub. That took away some of the edge from the game as I think Dzeko was troubling them

crystal_mais said:
Abit confused with some of his selections.

Stoke - Would have had Dzeko start
Madrid - Maicon/Nasri - instead of Zabba and Milner
Arsenal - I would have started with Tevez & Dzeko and then give Aguero 35 mins

Really confused with the Dzeko/Tevez sub. That took away some of the edge from the game as I think Dzeko was troubling them
Sometimes Bob's substitutions can be a bit baffling, and this was one of them. Dzeko should not have been taken off yesterday. Aguero (who is the better player of the two when both are on form) was clearly not match fit or match sharp and should have been called ashore. And the look on Edin's face as he walked off told the tale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.