Mancini's Way...

masterwig said:
BillyShears said:
Mancini's way....pragmatic, efficient, very Italian....I'm wondering if people would take success if it meant learning to love these ground out, dour wins...?

Won't bring success though if we keep being battered away from home.

I don't think we will. I think we'll get tighter at the back with each passing week, and Mancini will find an attacking system which gets results both home and away...

Strangely enough, I'm pretty calm for the moment. I really like the idea of building a pragmatic, effective, Italian side. I think Viera and Johnson will prove to be very good additions to the squad and add some freshness to the players. We're capable of scoring goals against anyone.

I'm not gonna get giddy because we've got some tough tests coming up - but I look forward to seeing Mancini's team selections and tactics.

mammutly said:
law74 said:
As i see City fans that i know, we will not EVER accept boring football, and dour ground out wins at home to the likes of notlob = defeats home and away to the better sides in this league.
If we are to line up with SEVEN defensive minded players AT HOME TO FCUKIN NOTLOB, how many defenders will he play when we go to a proper football club?

You have to see this as a work in progress. Mancini is building a squad that is well organised and can change shape mid game if necessary, but with people still knowing their job. It's early days and a few more players with all round awareness are needed. But the signs are good. Very good.

the signs are not good though.......4 shots on target all night at home....that had to be one of the worse games entertainmant wise i have seen since SP

yes, we won, but at what cost to the entertainment value....i dont just pay to see us win...i pay to be entertained at the same time

BillyShears said:
Mancini's way....pragmatic, efficient, very Italian....I'm wondering if people would take success if it meant learning to love these ground out, dour wins...?

Wait till Mourinho's here, we will bemoaning 1-0 wins hoping for 2-0 wins.

Its not pretty but look where we are - 5th with a game in hand!

hgblue said:
I sat through an extremely dire game against Portsmouth last week, but to be honest, the experience depressed me despite the win. I'll grin and bear it though as long as we keep winning. I would no longer describe myself as a Mancini fan though, and I no longer find that scarf charming. It now irritates me.

It would be no different under Mourinho. He would be as pragmatic. The rest of this season is about one thing alone...results. Finishing in the top 4 is going to open a door for the owners.

We can worry about the pretty side of the game once we've mastered the ugly...

shadygiz said:
mammutly said:
You have to see this as a work in progress. Mancini is building a squad that is well organised and can change shape mid game if necessary, but with people still knowing their job. It's early days and a few more players with all round awareness are needed. But the signs are good. Very good.

the signs are not good though.......4 shots on target all night at home....that had to be one of the worse games entertainmant wise i have seen since SP

yes, we won, but at what cost to the entertainment value....i dont just pay to see us win...i pay to be entertianed at the same time

A little patience is needed. There's been a lot to put right.

Once the confidence in the system develops, the more expansive football will follow.

Robinho is going to get homesick for city before too long.

shadygiz said:
mammutly said:

yes, we won, but at what cost to the entertainment value....i dont just pay to see us win...i pay to be entertianed at the same time

The problem is more than simply a lack of entertainment though. Had we been playing someone with a bit more quality like a Birmingham, Fulham or Sunderland we probably would have been beaten tonight. Ill take winning with a defensive mentality if that's what is needed but I don't think what we saw tonight would beat many premier league teams. Both of our goals came out of nothing really and we never looked like creating many chances as a team. Apart from some dodgy defending for the penalty and a spectacular goal from Ade that would have been a 0-0.....or worse! Bolton actually looked more like scoring for most of the match.

i understand you guys but do not forget that Mancini started to be City's manager just 50 days ago, that means he didn't had the summer to build up the squad buying players and training them.

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:
I sat through an extremely dire game against Portsmouth last week, but to be honest, the experience depressed me despite the win. I'll grin and bear it though as long as we keep winning. I would no longer describe myself as a Mancini fan though, and I no longer find that scarf charming. It now irritates me.

It would be no different under Mourinho. He would be as pragmatic. The rest of this season is about one thing alone...results. Finishing in the top 4 is going to open a door for the owners.

We can worry about the pretty side of the game once we've mastered the ugly...

People want Mourinho because they know he can win things. However, they forget how he went about it at Chelsea.

Sometimes, getting both results and "entertainment" are separate when you are building.

When we start winning things nobody will give a bugger.

We haven't won jack shit in god knows how many years and now all of a sudden we not only want to win trophies but it must also be in swashbuckling style?

When did we become spurs fans?

Here's my take on it all.....I wanted Hughes out because I saw a great squad that just needed a bit tweaking here and there to become a Top 4 side.

I've watched us batter Wolves and Blackburn and I thought we finally had the answer. However, since then, it's been awful.

We can hide behind a narrow semi final defeat but even then we had the opportunity to win that game in the first leg and blew it by taking SWP and Tevez off. Let's be honest, we lost to a better team who were there for the taking over two legs.

To set up the way he did tonight was shameful. We're at home, SWP, Ireland and Johnson are fit. Let's go for it for fucks sake! If he's doing that tonight then I have no faith in him whatsoever. I have joked recently about anyone guessing the team and formation correctly deserving a gold pig but if anyone DID guess that team I worry for you. Only one man thinks THAT'S the right team.

I'm not calling for his head, I'm just saying he isn't the man for me unless he proves otherwise very very soon. If you see something different then that's fine, I'm not saying I'm right, but I've never felt more deflated after a win in some time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.