Mancunian voted sexiest accent

There's a big difference though between the Manchester accents. Always think the north Manchester accents of Crumpsall, Prestwich etc are much nicer than the South Manchester ones.

As an outsider, I sometimes find the Mancunian accent sounds a bit like everyone is always complaining about something even when they aren't. However, I'm normally only exposed to it when the bloke behind me at the match is constantly berating Cancelo and Mahrez.
I've also noted that some Mancunians seem to stress the word "I" in sentences, maybe implying they are full of self importance.
Anyway, only small complaints compared to the accent in my adopted hometown which is some bizarre hybrid of Stokey & Yam Yam. Not pleasant to listen to at all!

What is a Manc accent? They got away with using mainly Yorkshire born and bred actors in Corrers for years and nobody noticed.
Manchester has several accents as far as I can tell.
I'm from Wythenshawe, Stockport is only four miles away but their accent is totally different. You can already hear a sort of Yorkshire twang drifting in and they have their own terminology for things. I always remember a kid saying to his mum, "Am plairn up brew, ont croft." (I'm playing up the hill on the field....Apparently) I didn't have a fucking clue what he said. That was in Edgeley. I can walk there in an hour.
I have family in Gorton, Openshawe, and Bradford areas who markedly talk differently to us down here. Some Manc accents bare no resemblance to each other whatsoever to my ears at least.

Last edited:
That **** was born in Stretford, acc Wiki! Stretford ain't Manchester. Anglea Rayner was born in Stockport, probably when Stockport was in Cheshire! Funny how many fuckers claim to be Mancunian when they aren't!
We’ll I’m very proud to have been born in St. Mary’s Hospital on Oxford Road and recognised as a true Manc.

What is a Manc accent? They got away with using mainly Yorkshire born and bred actors in Corrers for years and nobody noticed.
Manchester has several accents as far as I can tell.
I'm from Wythenshawe, Stockport is only four miles away but their accent is totally different. You can already hear a sort of Yorkshire twang drifting in and they have their own terminology for things. I always remember a kid saying to his mum, "Am plairn up brew, ont croft." (I'm playing up the hill on the field....Apparently) I didn't have a fucking clue what he said. That was in Edgeley. I can walk there in an hour.
I have family in Gorton, Openshawe, and Bradford areas who markedly talk differently to us down here, some Manc accents bare no resemblance to each other whatsoever to my ears at least.
I'm born and bred in Stockport and still live here now. I can honestly say that I've never in my life heard anyone talk like that.

Whenever I'm out and about with work I'm always referred to as a manc because of my accent. This despite my accent being nothing like a lot of people I know who are born and bred mancs. I do agree that the Stockport accent is totally different and I'm reminded alot from native mancunians.

Apparently I'm posh lol

I moved darn sarf years ago and love to hear Manc accents, specially on girls. Defo sexy.

Re Corrie and Emmerdale, the producers seem to think any old fkn Northern accent will do: Manc, Lanky, Yorks. They are actually easy to tell apart, unless very soft.

Manc is a melting pot accent. Strong Lancashire influence but quite different. Assimilated Greater Mcr towns like Bolton and Oldham and Bury used to be more traditional Lancs but are gradually melding.

To those who claim to be able to discern one inner Manc district from another, I’d challenge you to a blind listening. Crumpsall v Gorton v Hulme v Fallowfield? Bollocks with two LLs.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.