Mancunian voted sexiest accent

I'm born and bred in Stockport and still live here now. I can honestly say that I've never in my life heard anyone talk like that.

Whenever I'm out and about with work I'm always referred to as a manc because of my accent. This despite my accent being nothing like a lot of people I know who are born and bred mancs. I do agree that the Stockport accent is totally different and I'm reminded alot from native mancunians.

Apparently I'm posh lol
It was my cousin who was brought up in Edgeley. Trying to reproduce the accent in type is nigh on impossible, but it's a close approximation to how I heard it. It was the terminology that threw me, this was forty odd years ago.

No such thing as a Manchester accent, it’s a Salford accent.

I was born within sight of Platt Lane . I have over the years tried to adopt a BBC accent but nowt I says sounds proper.
Withington hospital for me..Does that count?
Has anyone ever listen to themselves on a video or similar clip. I cringe when I hear myself and think...what do other people think !!. I sound awful.
Yes. Sometimes, when we've recorded rehearsals and listen back to them, if I hear my voice between songs it makes me cringe.

It was my cousin who was brought up in Edgeley. Trying to reproduce the accent in type is nigh on impossible, but it's a close approximation to how I heard it. It was the terminology that threw me, this was forty odd years ago.
Maybe Edgeley had a few hills in fields back then. From my experience other than rows of terraced houses it has a park and castle street for a fight on a Saturday night (or any other night, or afternoon for that matter.)

I can see a bit of a stranger twang popping into an SK postcode the further out you go like Buxton or Stalybridge as they're getting closer to Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Staffordshire but Edgeley has threw me a bit as you can literally walk into an M postcode within about 30 minutes.

Maybe your cousin had been watching Kes just before you saw him ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.